bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Airport Mania: First Flight - Released on May 10, 2008

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Airport Mania: First Flight puts you in the air traffic controller hot seat at the local airport. Do you have the skills to keep the planes on schedule and the passengers happy? Step up to the control tower and direct airport traffic in this high-flying Time Management game. Travel to 8 busy airports and land many kinds of cute planes. Buckle your seatbelt - a game of Airport Mania: First Flight is airborne fun!

sweetie83
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Airport Mania: First Flight - Released on May 10, 2008

[Post New]by sweetie83 on Apr 24, 09 4:32 PM
What a shame there are no posts here. I LOVE this cute little game. The planes at the gates going da-de-da-de-da make me laugh out loud. The game is a bit different that many others and really a lot of fun.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 24, 09 7:07 PM
I really thought this was cute too. My kids loved watching me play it, but haven't tried to play it themselves.

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Jun 5, 09 6:11 PM
I also thought this was a cute (but quick) game!!

kempette
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by kempette on Jul 9, 09 2:02 PM
Well this is an older game so I doubt anyone will check back into this forum BUT...

it says you can get the planes to switch places with each other... obviously I am deficient because I cannot seem to make them do this. I click on each of the planes I want to switch but they just look at me angrily. I end up just putting one in a waiting space to move them around but apparently there is a medal for making them switch & well... I just hate to not be able to do something I'm supposed to do! lol!

What am I missing here? Anyone?

Farhanul
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Farhanul on Sep 10, 09 3:49 AM
You first have to click a plane then click the place where the other one is. Best of luck doing this because i have done it but sometimes i also couldn't.

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Oct 7, 09 10:24 PM
I love this game - it is so cute! I also liked that it's quite different from a lot of other TM games.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 8, 09 2:15 AM
Yup i love this too! I finished everything and my little son just watched by my side the whole time (he loves airplanes). He was especially thrilled with the Supersonic jet (the Concorde).

I replayed some levels to try and get expert in all but some are just too hard! I was able to get all the trophies -- except for the "Perfection on every level" trophy, and the two oddly-shaped trophies on the floor (should I aim to get those?).

[Post New]by atherrien95 on Oct 24, 09 10:32 PM
kempette wrote:Well this is an older game so I doubt anyone will check back into this forum BUT...

it says you can get the planes to switch places with each other... obviously I am deficient because I cannot seem to make them do this. I click on each of the planes I want to switch but they just look at me angrily. I end up just putting one in a waiting space to move them around but apparently there is a medal for making them switch & well... I just hate to not be able to do something I'm supposed to do! lol!

you want to click the plane you are using, click where you want them to go, then click the other plane in the first plane's destination and click where they should go. i did this once with 5 planes.

FPaco
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by FPaco on Jan 15, 10 8:10 PM
kempette wrote:Well this is an older game so I doubt anyone will check back into this forum BUT...

Hello kempette, I recently found these Time Management games and I found them very entertaining; I didn't know what to do with the "switch planes" medal too, but after a few tries I think I have figured out. First, English is not my native language, so I don't know if I can explain myself.

I "define" switching planes like a route or a sequence, where two, three or more planes move to the next place that you assigned previously, at the same time.

I played on stage 3, level 4 or 5. I placed the first plane on Gate A and left it there, the second plane on one Layover Space and routed it to the Gate A, where the first plane is. I directed the third plane on Runway 1 to the Layover Space where the second plane is, and to Gate A.

This way, when you route the first plane (on Gate A) to other place (Runway, Gas or Repair), the other planes will immediate move to the next place assigned (the second plane go to Gate A, the third plane to the Layover Space).

The more planes you "force" to follow the same route, the planes will move simultaneously, and depending on the number of planes moving you should be able to get this medal.

Obviously, most of the planes will be "angry", but since they are in the ground, they just have to wait until they can take off. I got bronze without knowing how I did it. I played the level 5 of stages 4 to 6 doing the same thing with more planes. I got the gold medal on stage 6, when I could be able to move six planes at the same time.

I hope I wrote it right and help you to get the gold.

Snuggles30
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Snuggles30 on Mar 7, 10 10:22 PM
Ok I got the silver medal for switch-a-roo but now am having trouble getting gold! Can anyone tell me which level they got it and what their combo was! If anyone likes checks this forum or plays that game.. please help

Airport Mania: First Flight - Released on May 10, 2008

[Post New]by wizardwitch on Mar 14, 10 10:28 AM
Airport Mania

I purchased this game for $2.99 thought I needed a break from HOB games. Well I cannot stop playing this game. It is fun, addictive and suitable for all ages. My children love it as well.
I would recommend it without reservation

I "Operation Mania" which I also cannot get enough of - I found these 2 are the best out of the "Mania" series. Would recommend this game as well

Whilst Nanny Mania I felt like shaking the family into some sense of responsibilty and I did not enjoy this game one bit. It made the nanny look incompetent slave

WTG BigFish glad to see fun some simple fun but intelligent games for adults and children alike

Thankyou Wizardwitch very happy customer

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Mar 16, 10 11:50 AM
Let me start by saying I love TM games. I bought this for $2.99 and did not expect much. I was surprized, it is sooo much fun. A very cute game. Simple graphics, but lots of fun

OzzieBev
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by OzzieBev on Jun 6, 10 9:07 PM
Has anyone got all gold yet? I'm on my second try and not far off. Crossed fingers I get it. I haven't tried for the other medals this time around.

[Post New]by CathrineStar on Feb 20, 12 10:39 AM
I enjoyed this game but it is a little bit outdated now. It is quite simple in gameplay and the graphics is not as good.

RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Apr 14, 12 9:01 PM
Loved it -and I usually dont' like TM games! This is the second game...well, 3rd game, but the 2nd series, that I've liked. I liked Farmcraft enough that I bought Farmcraft 2 -and decided to try some other TM games. Normally they bore me horribly.

There was enough "think before you click" to this game that I've played all the way through under 2 different names, and I'm playing through one of them to try to get all the trophies. As addictive-in-your-first-session as the best of TM games that I've tried, but with staying power to boost!

Hasn't got the neat story behind it that Farmcraft does, but it's a clear enough idea (planes gotta land and depart from airports) that the story isn't terribly necessary.

Yeah, the graphics are "kiddie" but for a TM game, I'd prefer things simplified; the point is on getting things done, not looking. Complicated graphics are essential for an HOG 'cause you should spend a lot of time looking, rather than clicking. For a TM, I prefer to be either thinking or clicking, so it's not a bad thing if the "characters" are more 2 dimensional than 3.

Go to: