bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 8, 10 12:05 AM
From the World’s Largest Ball of Twine to the great Corn Palace nothing says Americana like the zany roadside attractions scattered across the good ol’ US of A. In Tourist Trap - Build the Nation’s Greatest Vacations, you become the mayor of a small Middle American town. Your citizens are full of unique and wacky ideas for what will entice the stream of family vacationers, college students and the buses of senior citizens with hope that they’ll choose your exit ramp on their cross-country travels.

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Feb 8, 10 1:24 PM
This really had potential and I am really sad and disappointed that it turned out to be such a bust in playability.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Mar 12, 10 10:27 AM
Actually, I'm having a blast with this game. In fact, it was due to a remark of yours, CACuriousSoul that changed things for me from frustrated-happy to pure enjoyment (you said you figured out why you weren't making enough money), and now I just LOVE this game! Yes, I realize it's going to slide down into too many negatives against the positives for enjoyment to last according to so many of the posts in this forum, but if half the pleasure is in the doing, then the game has already "paid me back", if you follow my reasoning. I don't know yet if there is room for strategy to deal with all the repairs and fires, etc, or even if they allow more building, have other attractions, after you have won, but it's still worth the cost, because there is a lot fun here, too. I like the fact that, as someone else said earlier on another thread, you can place your buildings wherever you choose...learning by experience makes a lot of difference. I had two characters going for awhile, one the "learned" and the other the one with a lot of problems in the game. Probably too much involvement for a lot of players, but it worked for me. I just love this game. Wish they did make it longer, AFTER the win.

Go to: