First thoughts

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

First thoughts

[Post New]by CEdem on Feb 8, 10 4:11 AM
Good morning fellow pond dwellers!!

I've played about half my free hour and it looks like I'll be digging in my piggy bank for this one. I'm usually more for diner dash type but this one seems to be pretty user friendly. I like the way you can put the buildings where you want them, to make it unique to the player.

Re:First thoughts

[Post New]by MarkAlan27 on Feb 8, 10 5:13 AM
Played this game last year on another game site and was disappointed with the constant breaking down of buildings. Don't know if they fixed it or not, but it was more of a chore than fun.

CEdem
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by CEdem on Feb 8, 10 8:27 AM
You are right........I ended my trial, bought the game, started doing pretty well, then the whole town caught fire, not enough income to repair all buildings and couldn't generate enough money to fix them. Pretty frustrating..................started over twice, thinking maybe I could have done something different with no luck.

fsilver4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fsilver4 on Feb 8, 10 9:05 AM
Boring! I finished this game in two hours. Wish I never wasted the club credit for this one. All you do is save up money, build something and then take out the fires and repair, repair, repair. That's it. So stupid I could've played this one in my sleep.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Feb 8, 10 12:47 PM
OMG i feel soooooooooo stupid having bought this game. i finished it in 2 1/2 hours i couldnt have been more disappointed, this game is basically 1 level. u work on 1 town, have a few "goals" and when u think it is finally going to go somewhere...it ends

ME--->
THE GAME-->

they should change the name to "Sucker Trap"

*i realize this thread is "1st thoughts" well, the entire game only has enough room for a 1st thought, once u get to thinking, its over

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 12:50:48 PM PST

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Feb 8, 10 1:23 PM
I've only played 20 mins of the trial and am not interested in buying it, or playing the rest of the trial. I have the max of family visitors but am not making enough money to continue to run everything I have built or upgrade anything to attract more visitors.

boozysoozy
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by boozysoozy on Feb 8, 10 1:38 PM
I played half an hour and then stopped it was too boring not for me I'm afraid.

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Feb 8, 10 1:58 PM
Glad I checked the forum before buying this one. I played my first hour and spent most of that time waiting for money. It was boring. I get really pissed out wasting a credit on games I finish in only a few hours. I won't be wasting a credit on this one. I want to know when they are going to get Farm Mania 2!

egallag
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by egallag on Feb 8, 10 2:19 PM
How do you resolve the bottomless well causing nearby attractions to lose money? Same for the little chapel? Says they have issues, but no clue on how to resolve those issues?

[Post New]by susanjpullen on Feb 8, 10 2:25 PM
I don't think there is a resolution. Sometimes you get increased tourism through a similar event.

I think its a bit like a lucky dip... you get good events, and bad events... entirely random.

Except they seem to become more and more bad events as you progress through the game

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Feb 8, 10 4:09 PM
I figured out why I wasn't making enough money and that makes all the difference (!) but now I have alot of time to waste waiting for new ideas or the ability to upgrade what I already have.... I don't feel the need to build more than one of anything so, now that I have everything, I'm just killing time waiting for new ideas so I can build new stuff now that I have expanded the land area.

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Feb 8, 10 4:09 PM
Too boring. The main thing you do - wait for money and repair buildings. It's not very fun in my book.

[Post New]by MrsDuncan on Feb 8, 10 4:57 PM
I never even made it through the trial! Boring! There is nothing to this game but repairing and waiting for money! And don't get me started on trying to build the roads around everything! Too frustrating for me!

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Feb 8, 10 7:46 PM
I have to agree with most of you.. boring game! You spend most of your time waiting for your bank account to raise enough to get anywhere. then you spend most of your money fixing buildings and putting out fires. I did finish the 1 hour trial, but won't be wasting my money on it as a purchase.

This game actually has the potential to be a lot of fun if it wasn't for the completely boring aspect. It takes too long to raise enough cash to buy the various exhibits and then you don't make enough each cycle to add up to a quick enough cash flow. I think that's what makes the game last as long as it does... the waiting! Then you get these messages to go back to city hall to see what the next person wants, and find that you have to raise yet another 20 grand. Then you no sooner get the thing built, and it's falling apart. Quite frankly, the federal government should be closing the whole town down until they bring their exhibitions up to code! LOL

The concept is fun and could have made for a pretty decent game, but I nearly fell asleep playing it. Not a great sign.

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 7:49:33 PM PST

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Feb 8, 10 11:22 PM
I'm glad I read this forum. I'm sitting there in the town with no instructions forthcoming and wondering what is up with this game? How do I even play it.

Luckily I came here and found out that IS HOW you play it.

Well that is dumb!

[Post New]by neatfeet12 on Feb 9, 10 7:52 AM
I only played for about 20 mins, then unistalled it. What a load of rubbish!

CACuriousSoul
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by CACuriousSoul on Feb 9, 10 9:13 AM
I finished my hour and it grew on me so I will get it, but probably with a free game code at the end of the month through the Punch Card. I do agree that you spend far too much time waiting for enough money to build the stuff the city council comes up with but I like it and, if my budget wasn't so tight, I would pay to get it now.

[Post New]by kellybg1978 on Feb 9, 10 9:17 AM
I am so mad!!! I paid for this game only to beat it in a couple of hours and find that there's nowhere else to go! What a waste of money...I'm so sorry I didn't check the forum first. I can't afford to spend money on games that stink!

TrevC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by TrevC on Feb 9, 10 9:30 AM
Don't waste your credits. Finished it in under 3 hours and it was a very diossapointing ending. It just said "You've won" but the game keeps on going with nothing to do but repair buildings as they catch fire about once every 20 seconds. Dull. Next.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 9, 10 10:08 AM
I wouldn`t buy this game, because of the other reviews and I have lost my interest in building games for a few months.

Go to: