bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Experiencing any problems?

[Post New]by bookwriter on Feb 8, 10 4:54 AM
Anyone else having problems? I have found that many times the text square appears in the game and it is blank. I am also having trouble clicking on things. I may have to click ten times before it accepts it. Is it just me?

Cute game but if I can't read what they are trying to tell me then I can't play.
Any suggestions?

Re:Experiencing any problems?

[Post New]by ANASMONIR on Feb 8, 10 5:13 AM
the proplem the game cannot work

Error Msg:

Faild to open win xptt.ocx

(Ox000000xw0000) At acess Validation

[Post New]by ANASMONIR on Feb 8, 10 5:15 AM
the proplem the game cannot work

Error Msg:

Faild to open win xptt.ocx

(Ox000000xw0000) At acess Validation

Experiencing any problems?

[Post New]by okie58 on Feb 8, 10 7:46 AM
bookwriter wrote:Anyone else having problems? I have found that many times the text square appears in the game and it is blank. I am also having trouble clicking on things. I may have to click ten times before it accepts it. Is it just me?

Cute game but if I can't read what they are trying to tell me then I can't play.
Any suggestions?

am having same problem

[Post New]by EileenB1 on Feb 8, 10 9:01 AM
My game froze up twice and had to reboot twice in the first 20 minutes of the trial. Too bad, it seemed like a cute game if only it would work. BFG - I'm tired of trying to trial new games only to have problems. If I can't play the first 60 minutes without issues, how would I know I like it enough to even buy it. Not the first time this has happened in the last few months, seems more like the rule now than the exception.

[Post New]by codandchips on Feb 8, 10 9:37 AM
I'm also having problems with missing text and one freeze up where the graphics all went dodgy.

Has anyone had problems building the road up to the executive buildings (hotel etc)? I've tried building the road all the way around and it wont recognise that it's there (question mark still above building) so I can't do the challenge to get 50 buisness types.

Disappointed that I wasted a credit on this

[Post New]by haileesmother on Feb 8, 10 12:53 PM
i wish i had a problem with this game....im going to kick myself in the u know what for a long time for using a credit to buy it

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Feb 8, 10 1:15 PM
This is weird, the last few games in a row that caught my interest, so many people are having problems.

Though reading the thread of people who got this one to work, there's pretty much universal disappointment.

The bright side is I'm saving money lately..

For those for whom it doesn't work, do contact CS (green envelope on right) because if they can't help you they will make good on it.

Sloppy games lately, but thank goodness with you'll never be stuck wasting money on one that doesn't work. Time, yes, unfortunately, lately, sometimes.

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 1:19:03 PM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 8, 10 2:26 PM
Hey Fishies,

If you're experiencing an Access Violation with this game, it's possible that a few quick updates to your DirectX and display drivers might help out. Sometimes Anti Virus software can falsely identify a game as a virus, which could also throw out an Access Violation. The following help article has more information on how to handle this error:

Access Violation

If this doesn't help, you might consider sending an email to tech support. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by pookemz on Feb 8, 10 2:48 PM
Having same problem as to hotels/business items not being recognized (no parking lot showing therefore also lost challenge and when I click on buildings they show 0 visitors and loss of income) even though I have built roads around (even build pavement type in case they were snotty or something lol)... Am bit confused if I'm doing something wrong or if game is glitched Can anyone help (i.e. does it work for others or is there something special that needs to be done before I just destroy)?

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 2:50:10 PM PST

[Post New]by jwllmsjnb on Feb 9, 10 4:35 AM
I can't get past the tutorial. I need to repair the balloon ride and it won't allow me too. The game is continuing and I can (so far) do everything else, except the repair, which is costing me money.

[Post New]by shelooksatme on Feb 9, 10 3:00 PM
Ok , I unlocked the rest of the land but for some reason it won't let me scroll down, I can scroll from l to r but not up & down. I've ran out of room at the top so I guess if I can't fix it the game is over... Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions?

[Post New]by Melissa10212006 on Feb 10, 10 6:52 AM
pookemz wrote:Having same problem as to hotels/business items not being recognized (no parking lot showing therefore also lost challenge and when I click on buildings they show 0 visitors and loss of income) even though I have built roads around (even build pavement type in case they were snotty or something lol)... Am bit confused if I'm doing something wrong or if game is glitched Can anyone help (i.e. does it work for others or is there something special that needs to be done before I just destroy)?

I am having the same problem.

[Post New]by mlnrich on Feb 10, 10 7:47 PM
Good to see that there are others experiencing the issue with the "Businessperson" buildings - I can't get past the point of building the $100K hotel and the first 2 attractions for business people because of no parking availability.

I used a game credit to purchase this game, and have been enjoying playing it, but would like either a fix for the business building issue or a refund of my credit.

Thoughts?

Mindy777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mindy777 on Feb 11, 10 4:19 PM
shelooksatme wrote:Ok , I unlocked the rest of the land but for some reason it won't let me scroll down, I can scroll from l to r but not up & down. I've ran out of room at the top so I guess if I can't fix it the game is over... Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions?

Same here....I am sooo annoyed, I play these games to relax after a long day at work and all it does is frustrate me!

[Post New]by boxerlover1 on Feb 11, 10 6:59 PM
pookemz wrote:Having same problem as to hotels/business items not being recognized (no parking lot showing therefore also lost challenge and when I click on buildings they show 0 visitors and loss of income) even though I have built roads around (even build pavement type in case they were snotty or something lol)... Am bit confused if I'm doing something wrong or if game is glitched Can anyone help (i.e. does it work for others or is there something special that needs to be done before I just destroy)?

Just make all of the roads aphalt the road will turn green and the parking lots will appear

[Post New]by boxerlover1 on Feb 11, 10 7:01 PM
Mindy777 wrote:
shelooksatme wrote:Ok , I unlocked the rest of the land but for some reason it won't let me scroll down, I can scroll from l to r but not up & down. I've ran out of room at the top so I guess if I can't fix it the game is over... Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions?

Same here....I am sooo annoyed, I play these games to relax after a long day at work and all it does is frustrate me!

I was having the same problem. I built everything avaliable. After that I got another land grant and it opened up the land to the south. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by altlmagic on Feb 15, 10 12:14 PM
I can't scroll up or down either

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Feb 17, 10 2:23 PM
codandchips wrote:I'm also having problems with missing text and one freeze up where the graphics all went dodgy.

Has anyone had problems building the road up to the executive buildings (hotel etc)? I've tried building the road all the way around and it wont recognise that it's there (question mark still above building) so I can't do the challenge to get 50 buisness types.

Disappointed that I wasted a credit on this

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Feb 18, 10 4:12 PM
altlmagic wrote:I can't scroll up or down either

After buying the first Land release you can only go left and right... later in the game you buy a second land release and you will then be able to go up and down as well....

Hope this helps !

Go to: