HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

Bear in the cage

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 1, 16 8:04 AM
Is anyone else bothered that they left the bear in a cage with no food or water? I know this is a silly game but still.

Cyndy63
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Bear in the cage

[Post New]by Cyndy63 on Jul 1, 16 8:56 AM
Yes, I was bothered by that also. He should have opened the cage before leaving.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 1, 16 9:32 AM
Me too. I hate animal cruelty in any form including games, I remember not buying a game that I liked because in the demo a coach man was whipping a horse hard to make it go faster, I did not buy the game.

I haven't completed this game yet but have been hoping someone would let the bear out at a later stage.

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 1, 16 1:57 PM
me too

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 2, 16 11:27 PM
Yes.....
I thought letting it loose should have been part of the preparations.
Otherwise, it is an amazing game.....really beautifully done.

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Jul 3, 16 1:59 PM
I hated that part too, but I went back and checked later in the game and he was gone, so I felt a little better....also hated pulling off the lobster's eye!

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jul 3, 16 9:01 PM
So the bear never get's out? Oh no,,I was just getting to that part..I agree with you guy's,,Come on..How hard would it have been to have the key under a rock? Does anyone think the Dev's will read our comment's and never be mean to animal's in future game's?? I hope so,,,I don't know where to post this so that the Dev's will see it,,,Great to see people who care about animal's even if it is just a game,,

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 4, 16 1:12 PM
I went back later in the game to check on the bear and see if I could release him and he was no longer in the cage, as Kaitlinn said. I can only assume your uncle went and released him at some point.

I also don't like catching the rat to use as bait later in the game. It appears he gets away, but I still don't like it. I don't even like it when I have to catch worms, flies, caterpillars, etc., and then have to feed them to some creature in the game. Or when I have to use insecticide to get the inevitable spider out of my way. Seriously, developers, sweeping away the web with a broom works perfectly well in real life and in games. If the web is removed, the spider leaves on its own.

There is one game series that never harms any creature, no matter how small, in their games, but I can't remember which one right now. It might be Grim Tales, but I'm not sure. It seems to me that Mystery of Unicorn Castle 1 & 2 give you two solutions to remove creatures in your way and you can choose to not harm the creature in every case if you wish.

subcaptain
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by subcaptain on Jul 8, 16 9:00 AM
no, no, no, burf90. all spiders can die!!!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 8, 16 12:28 PM
Just watch it, Subcaptain... The spiders have sworn allegiance to me, because I'm nice to them. You could be having 8-legged nightmares for years to come... *insert spider smiley here* (Sorry. Best I could do. BFG's smiley assortment is sort of limited. If you really want one, though, look up a picture of "Theridion grallator".)

kdblueey
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kdblueey on Jul 9, 16 6:24 PM
I hate animal cruelty for sure, but this is a video game, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone needs to get a 'grip' and play and enjoy the game.

Go to: