Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 2, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/02/2016 at 8:30:55 AM PST

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by kkreisman on Jul 2, 16 3:33 AM
I downloaded this game as soon as I saw it as I loved the others. Just glad I downloaded the trial game instead of the full one.

1. the cutscenes are not there. Just a white background with a couple of palm trees, arms and a couple of palm trees waving, and 2 sets of mouths and 2 sets of eyes. No bodies, no environmental features, no nothing else but a white screen and a start point. So I thought "well, I'll try the start point and see if that gives me a little more." Agreeably, it did give me the gaming points to play to, but no other features.
2. the second level played a little better in that players actually moved well and worked on the jobs they were given; HOWEVER
3. Third level the players wouldn't move, the cursor would move, it was apparent this game was not going to work well on my system. I uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it just to be sure it was not an anomaly. Well, it wasn't. The game isn't playable on my system, which brings us to:
4. I realize my computer hosts an old system, Windows XP, SP3, WITH 2 GB RAM, 3 GHZ speed; all drivers up to date. So,
5. I will not be buying this game which is a real disappointment to me because the former series were fun. There is no problem with the many other games I already have.
6. I have attempted too many other times to bring my trouble to Dr. Felix with no response and or no result. So I am not going to send anything out. Just letting you know what ithappeningl.

kathy kreisman
plays as "katiek:

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Jul 2, 16 3:35 AM
Won't even open. Windows XP.

[Post New]by jools1959 on Jul 2, 16 5:33 AM
So much for an afternoon of playing a new game. Daughter away with friends and hubby on the golf course.
Bought without trialling as previous games had been enjoyable to find it cannot get further than opening screen. Uninstalled and reloaded with no difference.
windows 7 never had problems before.
Two credits wasted?

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Jul 2, 16 5:47 AM
I almost bought this game before trying since I have previous ones and like this type of game. I am so glad I didn't. I can't get past the first 10 seconds, then nothing. Everything is up too date on my system. I have Windows 7.

Edited on 07/02/2016 at 8:24:58 AM PST

[Post New]by caninecourtesy on Jul 2, 16 6:08 AM
Running on windows10 with all updates available and the game is pixelated. My partner beta-tested this game and had the same problem. He reported it, but I can obviously see that nothing was done about it. I cannot play the game and would have bought it too... if it worked.

[Post New]by qitaana on Jul 2, 16 6:49 AM
Windows 10. I installed the free trial and it says my trial period has expired, even though I haven't played a single minute of the game.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 2, 16 7:26 AM
Just as info: Like the poster who answered the question about the number of levels in the other thread, I have this game installed from another portal and it works without any problems on a Win 7 desktop PC.

glenard, it might help BFG -- if they look into this... - if you posted your operating system, too.

quitaana, with all the posts here across several systems, not sure... but quite often the trial expired error can be solved by re-installing (possibly with re-DL).

Fishbait17
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Fishbait17 on Jul 2, 16 8:16 AM
On Mac with OS X Version 10.9.5. Game won't open to full screen, only a tiny corner, and whole screen blinks and shakes when game is open. Shame, I love these games.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 2, 16 8:30 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that these issues are occurring in the game. If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Download a Trial Game

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 2, 16 9:51 AM
_DD_ wrote:Just as info: Like the poster who answered the question about the number of levels in the other thread, I have this game installed from another portal and it works without any problems on a Win 7 desktop PC.

I downloaded this demo from BFG; I am also playing on a Win7 (Prof 64-bit) desktop (that is now 9 years old!) and had no technical issues with the demo. No problems with the cursor (I never use the game one, always the system) and the graphics were clear (not pixelated).

Must be so disappointing for those that cannot play the game I hope you get a fix soon.

[Post New]by MamaDorsey on Jul 2, 16 10:08 AM
Has anyone had an Error come up after downloading that has: Error: Access violation at 0x00526C30 (tried to read 0x00000000), program terminated. Was just wondering if anyone else is this, any help would be great. Running Windows 8.1

Edited on 07/02/2016 at 10:12:57 AM PST

prasm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by prasm on Jul 2, 16 10:35 AM
I too am getting the "program terminated" error. This is super disappointing but I know Big Fish will get us a solution. I'm using Vista with Internet Explorer 9.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jul 2, 16 11:05 AM
I have Win 7 64 and it works perfect. Of course this series all looks the same to me.

hope4peace
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by hope4peace on Jul 2, 16 4:12 PM
same problem as many others...game goes through opening big fish, **** screens and then gives me an error message and quits.
seems very few of the new games will run on my vista/firefox pc. this makes me sad.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 2, 16 5:39 PM
On Level 17, the guy in the corner won't shut up meaning, he keeps flashing on the screen over and over again that you need to use the shield to protect yourself from the birds. However by the time you get to the shields the birds are gone and you can't pick up the supplies and it's annoying. I expect more of CE's.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jul 2, 16 7:43 PM
Windows XP

"system's graphic adapter is not corresponding to game's minimum system requirements"

What the heck does this mean?

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 3, 16 1:15 AM
Everything worked just swell (Win 7 Pro) until level 20 - now all flashing and wonky. Dunno what's up.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 07/10/2016 at 12:05:51 PM PST

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jul 3, 16 1:46 AM
Tired of so many of these games not working until bought & paid for. Between error messages & screens going white & BF giving us the same old yellow blurb to look at the Help Pages which are no help most of the time. Sending a report is now pointless too, getting any answer let alone a workable one is long gone. No point in looking in the forums for answers either, [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 07/10/2016 at 12:38:36 PM PST

[Post New]by archer53922 on Jul 3, 16 1:55 AM
The game problem for me...(WinXP-32bits)
"Moai4 game error
Application Exit Error!Please contact the technical support team.Thanks!"

Go to: