Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 2, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/02/2016 at 8:32:06 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by caninecourtesy on Jul 2, 16 6:11 AM

Edited on 07/03/2016 at 9:01:29 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 2, 16 8:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 2, 16 9:40 AM
Not really my sort of game, hence we are up to no. 4 and I've never bought any of the previous 3. It's bright and colourful with charming characters; whether it plays the same as the others in the series I will leave to other reviewers. I don't know what genre this belongs to but I prefer games like Royal Envoy, Northern Tale and the recent Pirate Chronicles, which I call 'builder' games. This game doesn't quite fit into that category.

I'm sure there are many who will love this game; it's just not quite my

E.T.A. I have only written this brief review as the perception seems to be that no-one can actually play this game because of the technical issues. I am playing on a 9 year old desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit; the game ran smoothly and I had absolutely no technical issues with the demo.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jul 2, 16 10:04 AM
It worked just fine for me. I have the others in the series, and enjoy these kind of games.

It stick to the usual formula associated with this game, with a couple of little twists, and of course the new characters.

Bright and colourful, gorgeous scenes, and easy to understand instructions.

I mainly wanted to post this just so that other people can know it does work for some at least.

Edited on 07/04/2016 at 1:08:30 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jul 2, 16 10:27 AM
The game works perfectly for me. It's bright and colorful, and I found it to be a nice level of challenge. I think those who have enjoyed previous entries in this series will be pleased, and there is a reasonably good tutorial for newcomers. There is also a relaxed mode, which I always appreciate.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jul 2, 16 11:34 AM
caninecourtesy wrote:There are no reviews because no one can actually play the game! Fix it.

I'm not having any problems playing this game with Windows 8 on a Dell all-in-one, so please don't speak for me. I agree with Howatch -- bright, colorful, fun. I always appreciate the relaxed mode, I'm a relaxed kinda girl.

DK

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 3, 16 1:10 AM
Meh. They should have retired this series. I always have difficulty justifying the price for a TM CE, but splurged for this one and now wishing I hadn't. Game worked fine for 20 levels (Win 7) and now freaking out. Will re-post to the tech thread but there were more annoying things for me such as: the stupid birds (I know we had ghosts in previous versions, but these critters annoyed the heck out of me), the upgrades - there is no way to know what "single use" you might need so continuing to have to replay to figure it out is really annoying. And on that bent, having to get Gold on all previous 3 levels in order to play a Bonus level is not only a horrendous idea but a tedious one as well.

Ah, well. Off to make a "red, white and blue" cake for the Holiday. Happy 4th Everyone!!!

[Post New]by archer53922 on Jul 3, 16 1:33 AM
The game problem for me...(WinXP-32bits)
"Moai4 game error
Application Exit Error!Please contact the technical support team.Thanks!"

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Jul 3, 16 9:31 AM
I have enjoyed most of this game so far. About 1/2 through at this point. While it is a time management game, it also requires some strategy to accomplish gold on all levels. I don't mind having to replay levels as long as I can see progress in getting gold in the end. It is engaging, I don't find it boring though I do not see why they require us to make single use items. To me, that is not something necessary in a time management game. In fact, I find it pretty useless to me. I want to figure out how to build things in the right order, not open up a new window, see if I have enough mats to make a single use item that may or may not do me any good.

Also, I am not sure why developers of games like this feel we need the constant clicking of birds/ghost etc. Many who play these games have hand/wrist issues and this only causes us pain to have to keep clicking on the mobs in the games. I find, at least for me, does not add to the game play. Well, I should not say that.... it adds annoyance.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jul 4, 16 1:10 PM
Soymocha that is the one down side for me, trying to click on things repeatedly. Usually if I manage it I have to go and give my hands and wrists a break.

DianeSS42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DianeSS42 on Jul 5, 16 1:51 AM
I'm not having any problems playing this game and find it moderately amusing except for the birds!! I am up in years and my hands have been a lot of miles, cooking, cleaning, changing diapers (for 2 generations), data input and research, and that one part where the birds come from everywhere with no scarecrows almost finished me but I made it!
Now I am trying to find NINE pearls - but can only find EIGHT - have played it several times thinking I missed something but still only EIGHT - has anyone played that far and where is the NINTH pearl?
Many thanks from a gaming grammy

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jul 5, 16 5:28 AM
I found carryover from Island Tribe 5 to this one, look at the undersea critters. Not difficult to figure out that one of the teams from IT5 was involved with this one.

I liked it, it had a lot going for it, it's entertaining.

Edited: posted wrong IT.

Edited on 07/05/2016 at 5:35:25 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 21, 16 12:24 PM
I sincerely enjoy playing the Moai series but as much as I enjoy the games I wish the developer would give us the ability to shut off the hints. After playing the game several times the hints are nothing but an aggravation. So shutting up the Chatty Cathys between levels would be a big plus.

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Jul 31, 16 6:43 AM
Totally agree with Penny1942. I've bought all games of the Moai series, and the hints/dialogs are really getting annoying. In some cases they pop up mid-game when you're busy trying to get things done, makes me want to scream at the screen for them to shut up.

sandyjane
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sandyjane on Jan 8, 17 7:21 PM
Level 17, What is the Shield and do we REALLY need it? I have not been able to make it work or to by pass it. I can't get past this level
Windows 10

Time Management

[Post New]by Jigsaws on Jun 6, 17 6:37 PM
I find the game to be great for time management skills and developing/training these skills. It's hard to find games like Moai IV: Terra Incognita Collection... at least in popular gaming. That's probably because it actually can serve a lesson whereas the other games are similar to watching TV.... there is little learning taking place and more just for entertainment. This game is for those that want to expand their time management and get things done not just in game, but learning critical skills to apply this in a general way to one's whole life. This is why I play this game.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jul 12, 17 7:14 PM
Sometimes there's just way too much going on at one time, especially when the birds start coming in! I missed a couple of things because you can't see them behind trees. The clanging of the scarecrows is super annoying, as (like previous players mentioned) is the chit chat between and during levels. This is very distracting, especially when you've played previous games and know what to do. After the first few levels I found it impossible to get gold, even after going back and replaying the level unless I constantly demolished and rebuilt buildings.

trenardy
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by trenardy on Jan 5, 18 6:25 PM

I absolutely LOVE it.

Good for organizational skills improvement

I discovered this genre with the Dracula games a few months ago.

When I first tried them with the free download sample, my initial thought was along the lines of........how exceedingly boring and monotonously repetitive.

However, very quickly they actually (to my surprise) become very addictive and enjoyable.

I downloaded the free trial of Moai IV Terra three days ago when I was off work sick. And I loved it so much, that I not only brought a full version at the end of the trial, I also re-activated my BF membership.

I have now finished all the levels, as I have been playing it at every available opportunity ever since. This morning (Saturday) I woke up at 5am and could not get back to sleep. Started playing at 5am and finished at 11.30am........yep I really am addicted.

It was a good challenge.

A couple of times I had to re-start the level again, as almost at the end when suddenly realized I had forgot to build something and therefore could not proceed, or I had run out of something and could not blow up and replace, as did not have enough of XXX.

There was only one level I was really stuck on, and that was with a crab I could not find. Honestly thought there was a bug in the game and I needed a patch. Just about to shut down and come on here to ask for help......when I suddenly "thought outside the box", and figured it out.

It is a beautiful sunny day outside (in Australia) and I should be outside enjoying it. But actually prefer to be inside and buying more of these games.

A big THANK YOU to the makers of this game, I really love it.

Ah yes and I am 48 years old, should you want some age range feedback.

Edited on 01/05/2018 at 6:33:47 PM PST

Go to: