LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

old people

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Feb 9, 10 4:45 PM
This game was super cute and I really liked how when something was added or removed it had an effect on the game (add a lightbulb--get light, add a record--get music, etc). But what amazed me was that this game was all about old people. I was truly surprised to see couples in their 40s and 50s being matched up. A very cute game, but old people?!?!

Blessings,
LucyMarie

PS yes, I am in my 40s

Edited on 02/10/2010 at 10:13:22 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:old people/

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 9, 10 5:32 PM
Well I guess it's all relative, since I'm 73 they were all pretty young to me LOL.

Over 30 the pickin's get pretty slim. At 40 most the guys are going for the 20 yr old chicks, only 1 out of 10 women in 40's can find a suitable husband available. So yes, a matchmaker may be of help.

20's down to teenagers probably don't need a matchmaker. They've already found their own mismatch, in school or on online chat rooms, and parents and friends are trying to unmatch them "for their own good".

I only did the demo so just guessing. Wasn't sure what all this "stuff" was about. I always thought good relationships have more to do with mutual feelings and chemistry, not mutual interests. OK it's just a game and nice timing for Valentine's Day, but didn't hold my interest.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 9, 10 6:32 PM
Dating is a quaint old-fashioned concept from what I hear from the kiddies....all they do is "hook up" No wonder no gets married anymore b4 they have kids LOL I wonder if farther along the line she was matching couples in the nursing home? As they seemed to be getting older each round.

I can see the mutual interest checklist now:

~bedpans
~bingo night
~walkers
~hearing aids
~grey hair

LOL

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 9, 10 6:47 PM
LMAO Scarlet.
Yeh, left out some pretty crucial ones like
Credit ratings
Rap sheets
DUIs
Health insurance and retirement plans
and
How close are you from hitting the donut hole?

ETA cat food in cupboard but no pets....

Edited on 02/09/2010 at 6:49:16 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 9, 10 6:51 PM
Pre-nuptual agreements?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 10, 10 6:05 AM
For a game aimed at an older crowed, the objects were so tiny that I didn't find it relaxing, just kind of frustrating. Didn't finish the demo. Outgrew the sugar sweet "Love Story" books at about 15. Didn't look like ther would be much of a story. Be interested to know if there was any diversity in the people. Do like voice-overs in games. Hate all the text in games.
Don't think I would buy this game even @ 2.99.

Re:old people

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Feb 11, 10 5:10 AM
The people being older, to me, made it even more cute.
It's an interesting game and cute concept, but didn't hold my attention. I played the entire trial, but I was kind of happy when it ended, which is never a good sign.
I agree that some of the items were really small. Like when you find the objects for the gifts, some of the items are too small and you miss them.

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Feb 13, 10 9:45 PM
OMG LucieMarie. EVERYTHING offends you! Spiders, snakes, non-Christians, and NOW... Old People. For the love of God, go get some therapy.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Feb 13, 10 9:57 PM
Old people dont stop loving and needing love just because they are old. Use your head girl.

[Post New]by StillBuffi on Feb 14, 10 1:12 AM
I am 61 and, if my Hubby dies before I do, you can bet I'll be out looking for someone to cuddle before I forget how to do it. Old people need love, too, y'know. We can't spend ALL our time playing computer games! (Sheesh!)

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Feb 14, 10 5:26 AM
Old? What's old? And why is it "cute" or needful of discussion when "old" people experience love?

My bestest friend is now in her 90's. One of her publishers has asked her to do another book in the science field. She's debating it.

My best friend in this town is in her 80's. She's so beautiful that heads turn when she walks in. We both love hats, and we enjoy going out together and turning heads as a team!

A word of sage advice: don't stereotype "old" people any more than you would want other groups stereotyped. Besides, people sometimes are old when they're young, due to their personalities and philosophies. Others stay young forever and only the external package changes how it looks.

Spread the love. Old people might surprise you. Read Tom Brokaw's The Greatest Generation to gain a sense of real respect for the WWII folks and what they contributed.

A really great guy and hero, one of the Comanche Code Talkers (yes, there were Comanche talkers as well as Navajo) died a couple of years back. He was grand marshal of a parade not long before. He loved the ladies and was an incurable flirt, and honey, I LOVED flirting with him. Still cherish our pix together. Before we lost him, he was busy chasing after one of my friends' mother, who poo-poo'd him (supposedly!) because he was such a ladies' man!

And then there's my friend, now in her 80's, who this week will be accepting a major award for work in the arts and community field. She's related to Will Rogers and stays busy with his museum, special events, and many other things. Many younger folks couldn't keep up with her. She was honored at a pow wow recently and I loved dancing with her.

Old?

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Feb 14, 10 5:43 AM
A lot of wisdom is spoken thru false teeth .......

just my 2 cents worth ..

I love older people ... they have such wonderful stories ... and wisdom ... by older I'm talking people in their 70's and 80's .... they've seen it all and can offer so much, and want love too, companionship and more!

Life doesn't end at any age .....

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Mar 3, 10 6:34 AM
First of all, I haven't tried this game yet, but it's on my list.

Secondly, I'm in my 40's - the same age my parents were when I considered them ancient and wondered how they had gotten by for so many years without me to tell them what to do. Of course I was at that horrible 13 - 16 age about that time. Now, both my parents have passed away and you know what? I still feel like an "old" orphan.

I've learned that the closer you get to an age you once considered "old", the younger that age now seems to you. I've also learned that, as Richard Pryor said "You don't get old by bein' no fool." You can learn so much just sitting and listening to older people. They've had some fascinating experiences and life lessons and when they have spunk and a sense of humor as well.....you certainly have found a jewel!

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on May 25, 10 6:32 AM
I enjoyed this game for the same reason I enjoyed the movies "Innocence" and "Letters to Juliet" - it's about finding love past the "OMG!!" stage.

Go to: