Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 3, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/03/2016 at 5:12:51 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreampath: Curse of the Swamps here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 3, 16 5:13 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Jul 3, 16 7:45 AM
Cursor does not work every time I go to inventory it takes me out of game and when you use it to go somewhere it takes you somewhere else, like going to inventory. Windows 10. Went to Collector Edition, same problems there, nothing has been fixed and yet they're selling it again.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jul 3, 16 1:07 PM
Windows 10, Dell Inspiron laptop. Can't open inventory or get hint. Just like all the complaints on the 2 pages of complaints in the Collector's Edition Forum.

One would think the problems would have been taken care of PRIOR to the sale of the Standard Edition. But, NO. In fact, BFG has fallen by the wayside. BFG is no longer the best game site. BFG no longer has the best Customer Service. BFG is looking to lose all it's customers! Hopefully, BFG will go out of business.

I don't want to see posts by the moderators apologizing for the problems and acting like it's our fault telling us to go to these various and sundry help articles that don't help. Telling us if that doesn't work to send in a Dr. Felix report so nothing gets fixed and the moderator can just keep saying sorry, do this, do that. It's time someone took the bull by the horns and got Big Fish Games back to what it used to be. Back when the games used to work, when customer service was a personal experience and they actually helped.

I'm going to use my last freebie and stop spending thousands of dollars on games like I've done since I joined back in 2007. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 games and think I'm probably one of the best customers. BFG has taken my money for years without a care in the world, well, they're not getting another cent.

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Jul 3, 16 7:48 PM
Same problem! Windows 10, Dell Inspiron. I cannot even put in my profile name-it takes me back to my desktop. Fix this!

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Jul 4, 16 8:19 AM
Seems like mostly a windows 10 problem. You'd think they would have addressed this after the same problem with the collectors edition. Windows 10 Lenovo High Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce 960M and still the minute the cursor goes near the edge of any part of the screen (like to go back or get to inventory) it minimizes to the taskbar. Please fix this. Looked like a good game but gave up after 10 minutes of frustration. By now these developers should have gotten up to speed with windows 10.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jul 4, 16 12:20 PM
Just for the heck of it, I decided to try playing this game in windowed mode on my windows 10 and it worked. No problems with skipping the beginning cut scene which, in full screen mode would take me completely out of the game just like when trying to click on inventory or hint. That tells me there should be a way the developer can fix this game but they just don't want to go to the trouble. If going into windowed mode is all it took to fix the problem, FIX IT!

The problem now is the hidden items lists are too small to see unless I use my system's zoom capability.

Should we have to go to this extent to play a game? Should we have to figure out what's wrong? No. The games should work properly before being marketed. I'm still not happy, in fact, I'm even more irate now than in my post of yesterday.

Someone please explain why the developer doesn't fix this game. No more excuses or "go to the help pages". JUST FIX IT!

Made another discovery: Opened my system's zoom to 150% while the game is in windowed mode, everything worked. Changed the zoom to 100% but left it on, changed the game to full screen mode and IT WORKED! But only as long as my zoom was on and at 100%. Does that help the developers figure out what's wrong? Are they even paying attention?

Edited on 07/04/2016 at 12:49:46 PM PST

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jul 4, 16 12:24 PM
lucyb24 wrote:Seems like mostly a windows 10 problem. You'd think they would have addressed this after the same problem with the collectors edition. Windows 10 Lenovo High Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce 960M and still the minute the cursor goes near the edge of any part of the screen (like to go back or get to inventory) it minimizes to the taskbar. Please fix this. Looked like a good game but gave up after 10 minutes of frustration. By now these developers should have gotten up to speed with windows 10.

And, please note that it took a customer to put 2 and 2 together regarding it being a windows 10 problem. Along with my discovery that it works fine in windowed mode on windows 10.

Aren't the employees at BFG being paid to do what your customers are doing?

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Jul 4, 16 3:15 PM
pnk96722.[/quote wrote:

And, please note that it took a customer to put 2 and 2 together regarding it being a windows 10 problem. Along with my discovery that it works fine in windowed mode on windows 10.

Aren't the employees at BFG being paid to do what your customers are doing?

I thought this was a way around it but I tried it again and couldn't even get it into the windowed mode. The moment my cursor touched that spot--back again to the taskbar. Came back again and I was stuck in the credits. After trying to get out of the credits, I finally had to alt+control+delete to get it to stop running. Thank goodness it was only the trial.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jul 4, 16 9:32 PM
I have no cursor. I always go to options and choose the 'system' cursor, did that here and it disappeared altogether!
This is the third game in the last week or so that was unplayable. I am running Vista.

Wildfire54
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Wildfire54 on Aug 12, 16 1:32 PM
I cant even get it to load up.. I click to play it, it LOOKS like it might load then drops to the desktop. Windows 10, Lenovo Y50-70 laptop

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Sep 2, 16 11:06 AM
I too had to play in the windowed mode with my windows 10 computer. Luckily it was just the trial and I didn't buy it. It looked like it could have been a great game, but it was just too hard to see everything with the screen so small.

[Post New]by karenvan89 on Sep 25, 16 6:07 AM
Got to the last chapter and now stuck after using the slingshot to get the crab handle. I used the slingshot, got the handle, used it to open the door which revealed a hidden object scene and the game froze right there. I uninstalled and reinstalled but the game is stuck at the slingshot. It's clear I've hit the target but the handle isn't released and I can't do anything else. Anyone else had this problem?
Playing Mac OS 10.10

[Post New]by sea_stallion_7 on Oct 24, 16 10:03 AM
I'm stuck playing the HOPS in the village. I found all the pieces to the acorn, but when I mouse over the pieces to pick them up, the cursor turns into the 'back' symbol and I can only back out of the HOPS. I tried playing in windowed mode, but no good. I'm using windows 7, HP laptop.

[Post New]by sea_stallion_7 on Oct 24, 16 3:30 PM
I figured out the problem, and it wasn't the computer at all. I hadn't gathered all the pieces, because I overlooked a part of the HOPS. So there is no tech issue, just my bad playing lol!

Go to: