Magic Maze

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Magic Maze

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 10, 10 12:05 AM
Magic Maze drops you into a dungeon with nothing but your trusty firearm and a nose for treasure. It's up to you to explore the labyrinthine passages, sniffing out riches and mowing down the monsters that try to get in your way. Your skills will automatically upgrade as you progress through the action-packed stages, allowing you to freeze monsters and unleash toxic gases that clear the way to the exit.

Re:Magic Maze

[Post New]by jimmytheface on Feb 10, 10 5:41 AM
Awesome!! New game that's not a HOG or a match 3! Can't wait to try this - hope it's fun. Thanks Big Fish!

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Feb 10, 10 6:21 AM
Very cute game! Has about 12 mazes, simple mouse clicking action (left side to move, right side to shoot) very easy and cute targets. I will prob use one of my credits for this because my son would love this game, as he loves mazes and shooters. I give this 10 stars lol.

(In 60 minutes I made it to "The Park" which I believe was the 6th maze).

[Post New]by morbiousx on Feb 10, 10 6:38 AM
Doesn't work at least not on Vista.. Just crashes before it starts.. Any ideas??

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 10, 10 7:13 AM
Glad I downloaded it. Not my usual type of game, but I'm enjoying free trial. Played 20 minutes of it so far. Easy enough even for me, and I appreciate using the mouse instead of the keyboard to play. I doubt I'll buy it, but I will likely play the rest of the free trial time - so I may be hooked by then .

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 6:51:48 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 10, 10 7:42 AM
Another Vista user and had troubles with game crashing. Finally got it loaded and ready to play until I went to change New Player to my name and the game freezes. Using the escape key gets me out of it but there's no way I can change New Player.

Managed to play the first maze and really enjoyed it. But until the issues are fixed or addressed, will not purchase it. Too bad too because I was very pleased to see a new game that wasn't a HOG or TM.

Edited to add: Reported this crash issue with CS.

Edited on 02/10/2010 at 7:54:09 AM PST

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Feb 10, 10 8:28 AM
I can't get it to run. The game manager says it is but no game. Just my desktop.
I am running windows 7 64. First real issue I have run into here with games.

Prissi
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Prissi on Feb 10, 10 11:09 AM
I was really hoping to try this one out, but it crashes as soon as I click the Play button. I am getting the standard Windows error dialogue box. I am on XP.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Feb 10, 10 12:01 PM
No go for me as well in Vista. I was able to get it to run by using the desktop icon. It a shame because it's actually pretty playable but I'm not going to jump through hoops for a game.

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on Feb 10, 10 12:31 PM
Like it, cute game! Easy & a break from your usual HOG games. A different sort of one of Mario games. Im a HOG fan & addicted to them! I get bored very easy with other genres. I listened to my favorite music on while playing this game, I don't like the music so I turn it off. Too monotonous! Sort of relaxing game and a break from too much excitement from HOG games. Hee hee hee!

muttnutt
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by muttnutt on Feb 10, 10 1:05 PM
Looks different and interesting, but also can't get it to play.

reighnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by reighnie on Feb 10, 10 1:28 PM
seajay123 wrote:I can't get it to run. The game manager says it is but no game. Just my desktop.

When I first clicked it, it didn't appear to load, so I clicked it again and it loaded. It worked fine after that. I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit. I have had this trouble before on this computer and on my netbook. I think it's something to do with the BFG loader.

reighnie

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Feb 10, 10 3:13 PM
Tried to load as first game on my first built from scratch computer. Windows 7. Game simply kicks back to Game Manager and says 60 minutes left of play. I have tried over and over, just get 60 Minutes left to play message. I can't get anything other than a return to Game Manager.

mimmiyh5
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimmiyh5 on Feb 10, 10 4:00 PM
I run vista on a little laptop. I've had no problems downloading anything. I like this game but can't get a handle on the power ups in right hand corner. Help please

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Feb 10, 10 5:18 PM
Cannot get it to play. Reporting to CS.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Feb 10, 10 6:04 PM
Hate it hate it hate it.

I seriously, seriously hate any of these sorts of games which do not allow you to use the arrows on the keyboard as well as the mouse.

Maneuvering with a mouse is painful for me, as I have nerve damage in my right hand and wrist. When keyboard arrows are allowed, I use these exclusively, since I can do these with my left hand.

reighnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by reighnie on Feb 10, 10 8:05 PM
reighnie wrote:
seajay123 wrote:I can't get it to run. The game manager says it is but no game. Just my desktop.

When I first clicked it, it didn't appear to load, so I clicked it again and it loaded. It worked fine after that. I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit. I have had this trouble before on this computer and on my netbook. I think it's something to do with the BFG loader.

reighnie

Well, I decided to buy it and as soon as I registered it, it decided to refuse to run just like others are saying. I opened the Shortcut to the folder where the game is and tried a few things. First, I made the file XP SP3 compatible, and it didn't run the first time, but did the second. I then turned off compatibility mode and it's been mostly launching on the first try. I had restarted my computer for another reason, and it seems to be working pretty regularly. I have another problem with the game - it doesn't save the sound settings and I have to turn off the music by hand every time I run it.

reighnie

reighnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by reighnie on Feb 10, 10 8:06 PM
gpherder wrote:Hate it hate it hate it.

I seriously, seriously hate any of these sorts of games which do not allow you to use the arrows on the keyboard as well as the mouse.

Maneuvering with a mouse is painful for me, as I have nerve damage in my right hand and wrist. When keyboard arrows are allowed, I use these exclusively, since I can do these with my left hand.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Feb 10, 10 8:14 PM
So disappointed, won't open at all on my Vista, been a long long time since a game just refused to run ... sigh ... and it had to be a great looking arcade game

reighnie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by reighnie on Feb 10, 10 8:16 PM
gpherder wrote:Hate it hate it hate it.

Have you ever looked into a head tracking device? I'm a quadriplegic and I use a SmartNav 4 for mouse. It's awesome for games like this. It's made by a company called Natural Point. I use a sip/puff switch for the mouse buttons, but you can use many different types of switches. Also, you don't have to use your head. You can use a finger or other setup. It's relatively inexpensive compared to other tracking devices. Here's the URL if BFG allows it: http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/

reighnie

Go to: