QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Finished it

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 10, 10 12:33 AM
My conclusions after finishing this game is that it is simply brilliant. Easier than I first thought, apart from a couple of places (thanks to walkthrough for a couple of 'doh' moments!!). I wish there had been a skip for the shooting of glasses although I did do it after about 20 tries. Other than that, a very original storyline, extremely beautiful graphics, good music and totally amazing, brilliant, engrossing gaming experience. I've never played anything remotely like it.

Game of the Year as far as I am concerned. I hope BF get more from this company.

Edited on 02/10/2010 at 8:40:26 AM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:Finished it

[Post New]by karen876 on Feb 10, 10 7:26 AM
I have to agree. My only gripe was not having a skip facility for the mini-games. The only one that I really had a problem with was the shooting game. I had to wait for two days for a visitor to do it for me! I was dreading the slider puzzle after that but somehow managed that at my second attempt. Beginners luck, I suppose.
Are there any other games out there like this?

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Feb 10, 10 12:09 PM
Me too, just finished and loved every complicated, frustrating, doh!!! moment. This is a wonderful game and the first time I have needed a walkthrough if only just to shift things along a bit.
I too had a problem with the shooting game but soon got to grips when I realised it was best to save it just before I entered the saloon and then I still had my gold.

One small puzzling item - I never did find out what the pirate was for. Is this a glitch or have I missed out on something. Maybe next time round I'll get it... and what about the extra plans. Will they be there in the next round?? please ???

Well done boys - keep 'em coming

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 10, 10 12:17 PM
> One small puzzling item - I never did find out what the pirate was for. Is this a glitch or have I missed out on something.

The pirate is only important if you run out of gold (having overpaid for the shooting).

[Post New]by Chattewoman on Feb 10, 10 3:25 PM
I absolutely loved this game, too. It was extremely challenging, and I did need to consult the walkthrough, although I wish I had been a little more patient sometimes, because I could have figured it out myself. I would love more games like this one.

LadyLilithAnn
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLilithAnn on Feb 10, 10 4:44 PM
Glad to see that i"m not the only one that wondered about the pirates. I thought about playing it that way next time around just to go there. Lilith

[Post New]by yug1og1irl on Feb 14, 10 8:21 PM
Chattewoman wrote:I absolutely loved this game, too. It was extremely challenging, and I did need to consult the walkthrough, although I wish I had been a little more patient sometimes, because I could have figured it out myself. I would love more games like this one.

I'm with you, Chattewoman. I loved this game, too, and would love more like it!

Edited on 02/14/2010 at 8:21:48 PM PST

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Feb 21, 10 7:47 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:> One small puzzling item - I never did find out what the pirate was for. Is this a glitch or have I missed out on something.

The pirate is only important if you run out of gold (having overpaid for the shooting).

Mmm - looks like I will be playing it with Lilith - curiosity and all that ... why else would we play these games?

[Post New]by habeljones on Mar 18, 10 8:32 PM
I too just finished the game and found it to be quite an intelligent game. It really required you to think. My only complaint is that blasted slider game. It took me all day to get through. I believe I just got lucky getting it in the end. Great game!

Go to: