cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Lack of controll?

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 10, 10 6:27 AM
The controll seems very loose. Would adjusting mouse sens. help?

runewarden
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

Re:Lack of controll?

[Post New]by runewarden on Feb 10, 10 7:39 AM
Having just trialled this - I agree on the lack of control. I didn't bother to look at settings, being taken back to the first level after the poor controls made me lose all my lives, I deleted it.

Personally, I love brickbreaker games, and was sad that this one - which looked interesting - suffered from such poor controls. I play on a laptop as well and it's certainly not touch pad friendly. I tried with my USB mouse then gave up. Shame, I would have bought it had it behaved.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

Lack of controll?

[Post New]by auntann11 on Feb 10, 10 7:52 AM
cll1950 wrote:The controll seems very loose. Would adjusting mouse sens. help?

In the options/settings you can change mouse sensitivity. You won't see the results of that change until you play the game. The default can make you a bit woozy before you actually play.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Feb 10, 10 10:29 AM
I lost my lives much too fast when I started, too. Yes, controls a little loosy goosy so I sat up straight, cleaned my glasses and did much better. lol You don't have to go back to the beginning if you lose your lives. Restart the game, select "play" and click ''continue.'' You'll pick up where you left off. Your score is probably reset to zero but I don't care about that, I just like moving to new levels and landscapes with five more lives.

The game is very much like Magic Ball 4 but its graphics and music are nowhere near as nice. It's fun, though, with lots of power ups and special levels. If I didn't have Magic Ball 4, I'd buy it.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Feb 10, 10 4:05 PM
Even with the mouse sensitivity set on as slow as it would go,
it was still hard to control. When the 1st game screen came
up I couldn't move. All I could do was sit there in one spot and
fire the balls which made for an automatic loss. I don't know
if anyone else had this problem but no sense buying it for
me.

I just seen that system requirements are for:
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP and I have Vista.....
Oh Well........

Edited on 02/10/2010 at 4:18:31 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 10, 10 9:10 PM
It's playing fine on my Vista... Seemed the mouse was too fast, so I set it in the middle in options. I think after playing a bit, I will speed it up.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Feb 11, 10 9:38 AM
I've played this game since it first came out (3-4 years maybe). It works great on my desktop, but sucks on laptop.

There was one area that always had a wonky control (somewhere on HMS level I think) that was in bonus area...never could beat it as I'd be down to removing last object and my projectile would just not WORK and I'd lose bonus area.

Go to: