Lisaiggy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Is there a solution to puzzle level 124b?

[Post New]by Lisaiggy on Jul 3, 16 8:34 AM
I have looked in the puzzle solutions but I cannot find one for the side quest of 124b. Is it somewhere else?

Thanks

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Is there a solution to puzzle level 124b?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 3, 16 9:20 AM
I think that one got overlooked and missed. Since we can't go back and replay them I can't offer a solution nor do I remember what the layout even looked like.

Perhaps someone who can remember or is in the process of trying it can offer a solution.

If you can describe it that may help offer a solution and or jog some memories.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 3, 16 9:37 AM
Another thought.

Can/are you allowed to use boosts in this level? In any side levels where boosts are allowed I didn't consider it technically a puzzle and therefore did not document. But if you are having difficulty nevertheless, then please describe what you can so we can give you some ideas/suggestions.

Lisaiggy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Lisaiggy on Jul 3, 16 7:18 PM
you cannot use any boost and it is spread the magic but the fluff balls are blocking all magic squares

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 4, 16 7:16 AM
How many moves are given to complete the puzzle?

The puzzle levels are very specific. There is a specific way in which to make the moves. What looks very complicated is actually quite simple. The trick is to find the moves you need to make and in what specific order.

Spreading magic will require the use of either or all:
Magic (crystal) Balls
Bomb boosts
Stripe boosts

Look for ways to create these in as few moves as possible.

Lisaiggy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Lisaiggy on Jul 4, 16 9:18 AM
There are 26 steps allowed. I'll add more as I can.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 4, 16 9:48 AM
Lisaiggy wrote:There are 26 steps allowed. I'll add more as I can.

That's odd. Normally the puzzles are between 1-6 very specific moves. Anything over that should allow you to use boosts if needed.

I'm trying to get to The Great Ocean on my other game so I can see 124b. But I've only made it to level 81 and it's taking a lot longer than I hoped. Could be a few days before I get to 124. Going as quickly as I can but keep getting hung up on not having enough resources to get through barriers since I'm going too fast for the resource buildings to keep up.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 4, 16 3:00 PM
OK. I have spent the entire day playing from level 60 to get to level 124b so I could see what it looks like to be able to help. Here's what I found.

Level 124b is not technically a puzzle and is why I didn't provide a solution for it. It is a level like all others where the elements are in different places every time you open the level unlike the puzzles (which are the same requiring specific moves needing to be made in order to complete it).

This level does begin without being able to select boosts when you enter it. But... you can use the gribber fan (which stuns them for three moves), the wands, and the hammers all are available if you need them.

In order to complete this level you need to make matches next to gribbers in order to remove them and get them out of the way so you can reach the magic.

A tip would be to make as many matches as you can next to them and get rid of as many as possible. If you still cannot reach the magic and there are no matches next to them to be made then this is a good time to use a fan. That will stun them for three moves while you try and get more matches made to clear the path toward the magic.

Once you get down to the magic it should be fairly easy to spread. Bombs and stripe boosts will help spread it more quickly and farther. If you need to, you can use a wand to get elements to match together if you're having any difficulty.

This is the best advice I can provide. Best of luck and hope you pass this level soon.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 4, 16 3:38 PM
The puzzle piece icon is misleading and should be fixed. Either make it a regular level or change it to a real puzzle.

BTW Silver, that was really nice of you to replay in order to help Lisaiggy. You're a swell egg!

Edited on 07/04/2016 at 3:39:37 PM PST

Lisaiggy
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Lisaiggy on Jul 6, 16 8:34 PM
Thanks,

I finally got through it. Your advice was very helpful.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 6, 16 9:45 PM
Lisaiggy wrote:Thanks,

I finally got through it. Your advice was very helpful.

Wonderful ! Congratulations !

Go to: