lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

What happened to all the Mystery PI games??

[Post New]by lvd04 on Jul 3, 16 11:23 AM
Where have all the mystery P.I. games gone?? I bought 5 of them but they are not in my purchase history, not listed on BigFish, not on my game manager. What happened?

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:What happened to all the Mystery PI games??

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Jul 9, 16 2:14 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. I have the London Caper I bought a while ago and tried to find the others and suddenly they're all gone. I guess BFG doesn't do business with PopCap games anymore.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

What happened to all the Mystery PI games??

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 9, 16 3:25 PM
lvd04 wrote:Where have all the mystery P.I. games gone?? I bought 5 of them but they are not in my purchase history, not listed on BigFish, not on my game manager. What happened?

Hi! I saw your post and then had to go check my stuff.

BFG is definitely not selling games in the Mystery PI series any more. That happens sometimes when a developer or maybe BFG decides it's time to take them off the shelf here.

However, if you have purchased a game, BFG says that you get to keep it forever. We are not paying to "borrow" a game for a while. So, if you bought it, you should have it. I checked my own purchase history on the website and found my 6 Mystery PI games. Mine are there. I can't check my GM - I have too many games and it takes too long to load and crashes the app.

If you really don't see the Mystery PI games on the website alpha list of your purchase history, I would contact Customer Service. On the far right of the screen on your purchase history page is a link that says something like - Not finding the game you're looking for? Click on that to go directly to the help page for reasons why you might not be seeing the game (e.g., changed email addresses) and a direct link to the email for customer service.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:What happened to all the Mystery PI games??

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Aug 11, 16 6:56 AM
I've just noticed this too, as I felt like losing myself in a mindless HOG fest session (which is not a criticism of the games ) and a search for the Mystery PI games brought me to this thread.

I can report that the only one I bought, Mystery PI: The Lottery Ticket, IS in my purchase history and I have just been able to download/reinstall it...however I have played it so often that I fancied trying a new one, so BFG have done themselves out of some easy money. (except that since I've got 3 game credits, they have already got my money and I haven't got the game I wanted!)

However it does seem that the game can be purchased via other game sites, if I am allowed to say this

What shall I do now? Shall I try to play the Lottery Ticket in record time, or look for something else in the same genre that's new to me?

However re Bartsister's comment
We are not paying to "borrow" a game for a while. So, if you bought it, you should have it.

I have 3 questions.

1. Why have they replaced the masochistic but addictive version of "The Secret of Margrave Manor" with a watered down version?

2. If I reinstalled Syberia would I get the whole thing or just the first episode?

3. Crucially, if I have paid to "keep" the games why would my access to them be stopped if I cancelled my membership? (See T&Cs). That suggests I AM only borrowing access to them?

So I guess BFG can do what they want. Luckily for them, the fun I have had playing their games over the last nearly 9 years still outweighs these niggles....so far.

Go to: