eddio1942
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

FLASKS??

[Post New]by eddio1942 on Jul 3, 16 4:08 PM

I am stuck on level 9 (HA_HA_HA...laugh all u want BUT , first I'm a newbie at TOM 5. Second, I'm 74+ yrs. old, and my reflexes have slowed down a little I started out with TOM 3 (liked it, and beat it [took me a while though]) then I tried TOM 4 (haven't beat it yet, but I'll keep trying). Now I got TOM 5, I'm collecting flasks but sometimes they're not getting counted towards the 25 I need to get to the next level. Can somebody tell me why?
I have made several posts in the past, and nobody ever helps me. I get 100's of views but nobody helps, why, I'm a nice guy.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re: FLASKS??

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 3, 16 6:43 PM
Hi, I just replayed the level and as long as you make a match involving or have an idol helper or powerup hit the flasks (the colored bottles), the flasks will count to the 25 needed to win the board. You might be confusing the flasks with the gem containing tiles. In this board you don't need to collect the pieces that have the white circle in the middle; those give extra points but won't win the board. You only need to focus on getting the assorted colored bottles.

Will give you kudos for trying this and several of the other TOM games out. It is a very fast paced game and is not for everyone. Best of luck and happy gaming!

As for your comment on not being helped...I've seen you before in other game forums and have replied in the past. In my experience here, traffic in a game forum drops off considerably after the first 2 months for a new M3 so if you're later to the game than that, there may not be many people playing the game anymore. Sometimes it is just that nobody knows the answer to your question. I also feel that at least some of the experts on a game won't share their secrets for whatever reason.

eddio1942
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by eddio1942 on Jul 3, 16 9:53 PM
Thanx Synthpopaddict,
I just played the level and I was doing just what u said. I see the difference NOW!!

Thanx again

[Post New]by gardendlite4me on Sep 28, 16 5:51 PM
I realize that the game has been out a while and may not get an answer but will try anyway. I am on level 67 I think, its the level with 50 flasks. I am having one devil of a time getting these, best I have done so far is 39. I'm not sure I understand the suggestion of how to use the idols to get the flasks.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 28, 16 8:06 PM
Welcome to the pond!

I don't have time to actually replay the level but I did check for you and level 67 is a collect 50 flasks board. You should have some powerup upgrades from the shop by now, but if you don't I'd suggest upgrading the add time bonuses and the red, blue, purple and orange idols there.

The orange idol is probably the most helpful since that adds time, but purple I think is the one that puts powerups into the board and if you get some good explosions going, the cascades ought to help you out. Same thing with the red idol fireball or the blue idol lightning strikes. As long as you keep the board moving and focus your matches on the flasks it's doable. Good luck!

Go to: