ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,139 Posts

Artist Colony 2? What would you like to see?

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 11, 10 3:09 AM
For one, more game slots.

Second, a skip option for most of the dialogue. It's cute the first time through, but after the 3rd, it's getting pretty old!

A larger gallery. Sheesh! I get up to 40 with the first 6 peeps!!

I'd love to be able to name the artists. Yeah, I see how it wouldn't "fit" with the story, but after Ben, Dylan and Jack...ok and maybe Simone, we should be able to choose names.

More challenges. Most of the stuff only needs money to upgrade. Finding the missing fountain and statue pieces is simple, as the story shows you exactly where they are!

Someone mentioned a sale. A VIP sale is mentioned in the game, but except for the old dude, I didn't see ANY VIPS. Sales didn't increase either.

Don't know if this is good or not, but it would be kind of cool to have agents working with the artists. Like: Ok Ben, you produce 3 paintings and I'll sell them for X dollars.

Anyway...I hope they have AC2. I love this game....

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Artist Colony 2? What would you like to see?

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 14, 10 10:32 AM
Don't bother making it.

Jencinta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jencinta on Feb 14, 10 1:26 PM
I enjoyed this game, It was sorta like Virtual Villages but with a diff twist, and being artistic myself, I really enjoyed it.

I'd like to see some types of mini games. The game "Many Years Ago" was like VV and this, it has mini games, which could earn you resources, money, etc, that was quite a fun addition. I'd like to see something where you could help increase their skills.

I was disappointed when it ended, more story, maybe choices with diff endings would be awesome...although I'm just brainstorming about things I think would be awesome, hopefully they will come out with an AC 2.

rgch3
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by rgch3 on Feb 14, 10 6:54 PM
Jencinta wrote:I enjoyed this game, It was sorta like Virtual Villages but with a diff twist, and being artistic myself, I really enjoyed it.

I'd like to see some types of mini games. The game "Many Years Ago" was like VV and this, it has mini games, which could earn you resources, money, etc, that was quite a fun addition. I'd like to see something where you could help increase their skills.

I was disappointed when it ended, more story, maybe choices with diff endings would be awesome...although I'm just brainstorming about things I think would be awesome, hopefully they will come out with an AC 2.

How does it end?

Edited on 02/14/2010 at 6:54:43 PM PST

Jencinta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jencinta on Feb 16, 10 10:55 AM
well..............the ending left me wanting more, but I cant tell you how it ends.........that would take the surprise outta it ;-)

[Post New]by gracieliz on Feb 18, 10 9:47 AM
I'd like to be able to skip the dialogue, and have more 'venues', like a few different places for easels to be set up, etc. Also, don't understand why the artists (once they're well-trained) often won't paint or perform or whatever, even if their energy and inspiration is all up...frustrating. And, could there be a quick fix for laggards, like ...coffee? Could they get happy if their art sells? Something so it's just a bit more engaging? I love the game, but could pretty much do housework or homework while playing!

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,139 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Feb 26, 10 4:18 AM
gracieliz wrote:I'd like to be able to skip the dialogue, and have more 'venues', like a few different places for easels to be set up, etc. Also, don't understand why the artists (once they're well-trained) often won't paint or perform or whatever, even if their energy and inspiration is all up...frustrating. And, could there be a quick fix for laggards, like ...coffee? Could they get happy if their art sells? Something so it's just a bit more engaging? I love the game, but could pretty much do housework or homework while playing!

The reason they can't perform or create is because the gallery only holds 40 "works". I kind of get around this by waiting until it gets to 39, then rush to put someone at sculpture, photography and the easel before one of those darn performers gets on stage and steals that one spot. DYLAN is the WORST at running up to the stage. I keep him hungry and tired after he's mastered both of his skills!

[Post New]by scrappergirl on Mar 1, 10 4:01 AM
The size of the gallery is a big problem. I'd like to be able to upgrade it ie make it bigger.

Or have more control over buyers eg run a sale day or have some way of attracting more buyers to the colony eg maybe if you kept the entrance to the colony nice - no weeds, nice 'hedges' it could increase the rate at which buyers arrive

I found the fact that the gallery filled up so quickly one of the most frustrating apsects of the game (having said that I LOVE the game)

I also found the constant garden maintenance a bit tedious. would love to be able to buy 'gardener' upgrade

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 4:04:51 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,139 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Mar 1, 10 8:28 AM
Or have one of the artist be a "garden" artist. If everything was clear, that's how s/he'd get to have a "masterpiece" in the gallery.

[Post New]by scrappergirl on Mar 1, 10 12:19 PM
ooh yes a landscape artist - maybe they could create shaped hedges and beautify ponds and things. love that idea!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Mar 7, 10 10:37 PM
I would love more places for them to create their masterpieces as one per type is way too few by the end of the game and I would love to have the artists train faster (four or five times from 100 - about 10 and then recharge is just toooooooo long for level 10).

[Post New]by Trueamerican on Apr 3, 10 2:59 AM
I would like it to go on a lot longer with more things to do. I would also like to see some replay ability to it. Once I finished Artist Colony 1 I didn't see a point in playing it again. I would like to be able to place buildings where I want to and actually build an artist colony. Make it with more strategy.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Apr 13, 10 1:37 PM
First and foremost more information for the player. I spent months (and gave up a few times in frustration) not knowing why my artists wouldn't create even though everything was right for them. It would have been nice to see a note pop into that message area that simply said the gallery was full, try again later. A counter that shows the number of pieces in the gallery would have been good too. Information about why your characters are doing or not doing certain things would have been helpful.
Second, make the characters do some things for themselves. It's not a fun game when all you do is drag people around forcing them to eat and sleep.
Third, it would be nice to have more types of art. Even the game's tree logo had other types but they were not in the game like writing, drama, and instrumental music. Along with that it would be cool if the characters actually looked more like they were dancing instead of just wiggling around. And the songs they sing get very monotonous, some variety would be great.
Last but not least, as many have said, more spaces in the gallery.

[Post New]by MooMoo24 on Apr 25, 10 5:45 AM
I enjoy this game just as it is!!!! It reminds me of virtual villagers a bit but with a big twist in it! I think to make it better you could put more things to unlock in it like a bigger map, and maybe find like a mysterious city or building that's been abandoned and there's pictures of the 2 men and the woman, and maybe more buildings, and when 2 people are in love they could get married after a while, and more things that inspire them, and maybe make it easier to level in their skills but that is alright but maybe for their second skill make it easier to level!!
The story could be a bit like this:
Ben's got married to someone maybe Simone and they've had a kid, but Jack got jealous, but he's married to Alama, but they've been having arguments, because Jack doesn't want any Kids but Alama does! Ben offers to take Jack and Alama with him and Simone for a meal and Jack asks to have a quick chat with Simone but they end up going to his place they go a bit to far, so while Jack and Simone go to bed Alama and Ben go back to Ben's place and they get chatting and they end up going to far! When Alama and Simone wake up they are all very scared, but the two men are asleep, so Alama tries to sneak home and she makes it and when Simone sneaks back she makes it, then the two men wake up and find their wives next to them but their a bit confused! but Alama and Simone both turn out to be pregnant but with who?

1kess1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by 1kess1 on May 6, 10 1:56 PM
I'd like some character developement in the game. Some of the artists should be in love Together, and be joined, not always just broken hearted. More realistic. I'd like to upgrade the gallery, beyond 40 works. Love the gardener artist idea. I vote for AC2! With improvements please!

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on May 19, 10 5:20 PM
Yes they could form *mutual* relationships (for a change) and raise little artists!

I like the idea of mini-games!

[Post New]by bayushi on Jun 6, 10 11:59 PM
I'd like to go with an easier way to garden/keep the place clean, and an upgraded gallery. I'd also like the AI to actually get them to clean independently, if that's what's checked, mine sort of ignore the problems, more often than not. And perhaps a zoom in and out, so that scrolling around the map isn't quite as annoying.

Oh. I'd also like the ability to have different profiles to log in or out, so you don't have to lose the entire game if you want to start over.

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 12:25:20 AM PST

[Post New]by bayushi on Jun 9, 10 2:43 PM
Another thought! Along with the buttons for being in love, or inspired, or hungry, or sleepy, how about a button for 'idle', for all those artists not actually doing a task?

Pyanfar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Pyanfar on Jul 30, 10 12:40 AM
There is something oddly addictive about AC1, and I've played through more than a few times. I'd like to know if I'm getting faster compared to other play throughs.

I'd like to name the characters, that would be really cool.

How about adding an artistry calling "writing" with a studio of old-fashioned typewriters.

Landscape artists is a great idea too.

And I like the idea of having a way to buy upgrades that create real strategy choices. Spend money on an "auto-dine" which means all characters over some level automatically go to eat, but it costs enough to slow down other upgrades. That sort of trade off.

[Post New]by flareon_lover on Jul 30, 10 8:32 AM
i would like to see a longer game (it is to shrot for my taste) and a longer story and something more about the VIP sale

Go to: