Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Places: Regained Castle here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 5, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/05/2016 at 10:10:40 AM PST

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Places: Regained Castle here.

[Post New]by micky1955 on Jul 5, 16 1:51 AM
When I enter my name at the start I cannot see what I have typed until I press OK.
I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit with 16Gb ram.

msolo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by msolo on Jul 5, 16 6:25 AM
I have a problem with this game it stops working. the hint will not work

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Jul 5, 16 9:46 AM
I have the same problem as you micky1955. No text at the start but shows up after I'm also using windows 10 Home 64bit with 16Gb of ram.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 5, 16 10:15 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Jul 5, 16 10:39 AM
No problems signing in, but when I got to opening the suitcase in the first room, I could not get it to react to the combination - finding the number in the diary isn't enough, because I cannot pick up and keep the note with the number, and without that the combination dials are unavailable to set.

Windows 7 laptop here.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 5, 16 11:40 AM
It takes multiple clicks to do anything. It seems I need to click on the hint first to be able to do anything - like click on the pillow.
Not sure if this is because I have to click on a specific pixel or if the game just doesn't like Windows 10.

msolo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by msolo on Jul 5, 16 11:54 AM
This game cursor is so jerky on windows 8.1 laptop played it under a new name and got to the end and could not pick up the last item to finish

Edited on 07/06/2016 at 6:06:40 AM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jul 5, 16 8:22 PM
Windows XP. Can not play game at all. No cursor and picture all pixelated on opening. Will uninstall and try again, because that is what we are always told to do.

granraven3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by granraven3 on Jul 6, 16 6:54 AM
The action on this game was so slow that I couldn't stand playing even the first scene. It was like walking through water. I thought it might have been my mouse settings until I closed the game and tried to do something else. My mouse is fine. The game doesn't respond as I'd like it to.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

Cursor

[Post New]by Robcol on Jul 6, 16 9:23 AM
Great trouble controlling it. Frustrating.

modocuser
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by modocuser on Jul 6, 16 11:26 AM
this game has problem in making the game work, the suitcase is one them, not able to put in any numbers and a person has to hold the mouse down the whole time in playing any part of the game in the the bedroom didn't go any farther

[Post New]by CharliDme on Jul 9, 16 2:51 AM
In the uncle's study, a piece needs to be removed from the globe on the desk. However, even though the hint indicates that a knife (only item in inventory) should be used to remove this globe piece, I am totally unable to move the knife. The game seems to be at a standstill until I can gain more information and this next step is not cooperating. Note: need to mention that I am using Windows 10,

Edited on 07/09/2016 at 2:52:29 AM PST

robbcc11
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by robbcc11 on Jul 29, 16 5:56 PM
I cannot find what i can use to get the bread from the oven..help please!!!

Go to: