Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Places: Regained Castle here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 5, 16 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 07/05/2016 at 10:11:03 AM PST

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Places: Regained Castle here.

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 5, 16 1:02 AM
Wow - seriously? I lasted about 10 minutes, wanting to give it a chance. Dragging and dropping inventory items, having to hit the skip button in the upper right every time she makes a comment (which is always) in order to move on and numerous other similarly awkward features make this game unplayable.

Ryvon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Ryvon on Jul 5, 16 4:59 AM
fully. I gave it a little longer but it is very frustrating. Items in the inventory have to be clicked and dragged - you cannot click and let go. Also found that it was very slow to respond. Cannot go back by putting the cursor at the bottom of the page but have to click on the back button in the top right. Definitely a NO from me.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 5, 16 5:14 AM
for me it didnt last 10 min i quited within 7 min. slow and skip button in right corner, hard to pick up things, worst game ever seen
Cisca

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 5, 16 5:39 AM
have to agree with the other comments - pretty lame game - pretty bad, actually

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jul 5, 16 5:52 AM
this is one of the worst games I've ever seen. played about 10 minutes and got a headache from it.

[Post New]by lrw142 on Jul 5, 16 6:40 AM
awful game

M_LADY
Clownfish
Clownfish
887 Posts

[Post New]by M_LADY on Jul 5, 16 6:43 AM
I am obviously in the minority, but I quite enjoyed this game. Yes, the mechanics are old fashioned compared to the glitz and glamor we are accustomed to in more recent games. But I liked the graphics and story. A possibly haunted castle, a mysterious family relic, and in the entire free trial there was no missing zipper pull to find! However, I don't think I could get into a car much less drive one in the dress that Jane is wearing!

A map is received not long into the game and is marked with areas with actions available. And it transports.

The hint transports, which I have to admit I used several times.

There are collectible butterflies in each scene, most of which are not difficult to find.

There is an "extras" section, but it is not available until the game is completed so I can't say what it contains.

There are no voices. Everything must be read. I can't say that this was a disappointment to me because in some games the voices are not that good. And it can be clicked through if you want.

There are also elements of humor which can only be found by clicking around in the various scenes.

I would recommend trying this game. You might like it.

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Jul 5, 16 6:46 AM

I hate to be the odd person out, but, I found this game rather enjoyable. Maybe being on expert mode helps? I usually try beginner or novice however after hearing all the bad reviews I thought maybe a different level would be helpful...either way, I enjoyed the music, the graphics and storyline are really nice and so far I am not having any tech glitches either.
It seems to be just your regular old-fashioned hog w/out all the bells and whistles, sometimes I prefer something more simple. As usual, see for yourself! I am off to buy.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Jul 5, 16 7:01 AM
talk about a game driving you round the bend!! Not an enjoyable game.......and I only lasted about five minutes before trying to find where to exit the game!! Rubbish! Rubbish! Rubbish..............it gives rubbish a bad name!

[Post New]by sambadouro on Jul 5, 16 7:05 AM
Yet another "old school"/"drag-and drop" game...it's a no-buy for me. Sorry, but this seems to be the norm lately.

Edited on 07/05/2016 at 7:06:16 AM PST

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Jul 5, 16 7:23 AM
It would be a nice game if the developers would fine tune it a bit. Hate to have to click on "X" in upper right corner instead of just clicking out of the screen. Slow going to say the least. Had a heck of a time trying to open suitcase. Looked at the clue a number of times to see if I had to pick up the paper with clue on it....no go! Must be someone's first try at making a HO game. I know a lot of time goes into making these games, maybe spend a little more time in actually trying them to see if they work. Will check later to see if things have been improved on.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Jul 5, 16 9:36 AM
I lasted 6 minutes. Very old school. Agree with Mary E.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 5, 16 10:13 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Forgotten Places: Regained Castle here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We only have just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines:

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Forgotten Places: Regained Castle.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 5, 16 10:36 AM
I have to agree with the majority here. I didn't manage 10 minutes before giving up in disgust. Having to drag items to use them, click the "continue" button to close the dialogue before continuing (and there's apparently dialogue after most of the scenes), and having to click the button at the top to go back just made the game excrutiatingly slow. It looked promising at first, but not worth even a coupon.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jul 5, 16 10:59 AM
M_LADY wrote:I am obviously in the minority, but I quite enjoyed this game. Yes, the mechanics are old fashioned compared to the glitz and glamor we are accustomed to in more recent games. But I liked the graphics and story. A possibly haunted castle, a mysterious family relic, and in the entire free trial there was no missing zipper pull to find! However, I don't think I could get into a car much less drive one in the dress that Jane is wearing!

A map is received not long into the game and is marked with areas with actions available. And it transports.

There are collectible butterflies in each scene, most of which are not difficult to find.

There is an "extras" section, but it is not available until the game is completed so I can't say what it contains.

There are no voices. Everything must be read. I can't say that this was a disappointment to me because in some games the voices are not that good. And it can be clicked through if you want.

There are also elements of humor which can only be found by clicking around in the various scenes.

Thank you so much for stating this so eloquently I love your reviews and you are spot on again

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 5, 16 11:42 AM
I lasted 5 minutes. If I had not had a tech issue I might have tried longer. I have a stock of coupons but would rather lewt them expire than use one for this game.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jul 5, 16 12:16 PM
At the beginning, I thought what a horrible game. But once I played for awhile and got used to the mechanics of the game, I found myself enjoying it and wanting to see how it ends. The graphics are nice, and you can read a your own pace, and there is even a jump map. Give it a decent try and you might be surprised.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 5, 16 2:27 PM
M_LADY wrote:I am obviously in the minority, but I quite enjoyed this game. Yes, the mechanics are old fashioned compared to the glitz and glamor we are accustomed to in more recent games. But I liked the graphics and story. A possibly haunted castle, a mysterious family relic, and in the entire free trial there was no missing zipper pull to find! However, I don't think I could get into a car much less drive one in the dress that Jane is wearing!

Very Well Said! I agree completely!

An old fashion game...that is simply quit enjoyable!
Give it try,
Enjoy, Lisa

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 5, 16 4:08 PM
Very enjoyable game. Has an excellent HINT setup.

There are Butterflies to collect at each location that you visit; 57 of them.

Go to: