woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

I enjoyed this game. (sorry)

[Post New]by woodentot on Feb 11, 10 10:33 AM
To all of you, who didn't like this game.

I thought it was lovely. Yes there were a few objects that were hard to find & see, but overall this was a good game. The story was so romantic, I played it through from beginning to end. As I had this game, to beta, I skipped through the first part of the story. When I got past that I got so engrossed in the story, in fact I had a tear in my eye at the end.

I thought this game had been well thought out, an elderly lady instead of the, stereotype females we usually get. I loved filling in the story, by finding objects that fitted the words. The graphics were great, I don't know what the music was like, as I hardly ever put my headphones on when playing a game.

Just to let you know, I am not a youngster, with A1 eyesight. I am 62 and wear glasses. I just adjust my monitor so that it is a bit brighter.

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:I enjoyed this game. (sorry)

[Post New]by onemeg on Feb 11, 10 10:42 AM
About how long did it take you to finish?

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Feb 11, 10 10:53 AM
I started about 1pm and finished about 6pm U.K. time. As I had already played the first few chapters when I had it to beta, I didn't bother to read the story line. This is one games that you need to read the story.

Edited on 02/11/2010 at 10:54:33 AM PST

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Feb 11, 10 11:00 AM
I finshed the game in about 3 hours.
I didn't really find the objects that small, just cleverly hidden.
Nice story and easy mini games.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 11, 10 11:01 AM
I totally agree with you, woodentot! I really like this game also!!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 11, 10 11:03 AM
I fully agree with you. I'm not much younger than you and I really enjoyed the game! I wear glasses too and only have a 14.5" screen and was able to find most objects without too much hassle.
Those games where all objects are huge and easy to find, I find rather boring. Took me 5 hours to finish it all; although I did skip at leasy half of the storyline!

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Feb 11, 10 11:30 AM
Sounds good, I will give it a try. Thanks!

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Feb 11, 10 11:37 AM
Hey, don't be sorry. It's great that you enjoyed this game.
I really love it. I am both blessed and cursed with seeing and hearing everything.
I found some of the objects a bit small, but the majority were simply very well hidden, which a feature I love.
I absolutely love the story because it is about an elderly woman as someone else mentioned. Not the young stereotype. I love the game play and the graphics are beautiful as is the music.
Thank you to the developers and BFG.
Definitely a buy for me.

[Post New]by Shrimp_n_Grits on Feb 11, 10 11:52 AM
I really enjoyed it, too! Took me about 4-5 hours to finish it.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 11, 10 11:54 AM
Just finished the demo and yes it's not the greatest hidden o game I've played, but I find it so charming. I agree, it's great that the protagonist is an elderly woman - I'm getting close to that myself! - loved the music. It was so very gentle. I'd like to know how long it is. But beautiful. A definite maybe from me.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 11, 10 11:58 AM
Definitely no need to be sorry, woodentot. I suspect that some of my problems with seeing items has to do with the now-antiquated monitor I am using.

Glad you enjoyed the game.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Feb 11, 10 1:53 PM
Don't apologize for enjoying something, woodentot. I love this game as well and definitely will be buying, although I can't do it right now. I should have saved my monthly credit for it!

I found the story engrossing and enjoyed the fact that it was about someone who is probably close to my own age (60), perhaps a bit older... and I really liked that it was about someone in love. Her house was a bit messy, but in my mind she has been extremely busy with her second husband being sick and dying, possibly for months before we come into her life. She has a good reason for her house being a bit messy... unlike myself.

I was really glad that it wasn't about someone young, brave, strong, gorgeous, and an archaeologist. LOL Is anyone else tired of archaeology yet? I was also glad it wasn't about a young "professional" woman travelling around the world to find... a) her father b) her husband or c) her brother... who had got himself into some sort of trouble, been kidnapped, and she has to rescue him. I'm a bit tired of "The Paperbag Princess" types of stories (although I really do love that particular story). Are men not allowed to be brave and rescuing anymore? Or must they all be weak and stupid now in order to be politically correct?

Having said that, I did find some objects in this game more difficult to find, but not impossible, with patience. Since I'm practicing patience these days, I don't let things like that bother me. I also don't have the best eyesight, but I don't let that bother me either. My screen is a 17 inch, so not the biggest out there, but it works for me. A game is for enjoyment, after all, so I take my time and enjoy. And this game you CAN take your time, since you don't have a timer to try to keep up with. It is a very relaxing game, no tense neck muscles to contend with after!

The music is enchanting, but I love soft, romantic and dreamy music. It was not repetitive in the least and you actually heard beautiful sonatas played through from start to finish. Very lovely! I paused a couple of times to lean back in my chair and just enjoy the music... but that's just me.

It IS a romance, which is fitting for the time of year, if you celebrate Valentine's Day in your part of the world. I'm looking forward to being able to finish the story and I might even start over once the game is mine.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Feb 11, 10 2:06 PM
I, too really enjoyed the game. I am 67 years old and wear glasses, but had no trouble seeing the objects. Some were very well hidden and I needed to hit the hint button once or twice, but over all I really like it. Guess I am just an old romantic, but the idea of an elderly woman finding true love is just irresistable to an old gal like me. Sigh

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Feb 11, 10 4:24 PM
I am 71. also wear glasses and some objects were small but I love it anyway. Talk about nostalgia. It kept me very engrossed. I thank the developers and BFG for such a wonderful game that I can relate to.

vonniefaye, i agree about romantic and elderly lady. Wonderful idea for a game for us oldsters. Bought it before I finished the trial.

Edited on 02/11/2010 at 4:25:13 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Feb 11, 10 5:43 PM
I, too, really enjoyed the trial. True a lot of the items were small but I didn't have as much trouble finding them as I thought I would. I did have to use hints a few times, though. What I especially like is that it's a bright and colorful game with nice graphics and, so far, at least, there is no reference to anything satanic or anything to do with astrology as so many games seem to have. I was really pleased, knowing it's just an all around NICE game. This one will be going on my "to buy" list. By the way, woodentot, don't be sorry for liking a great game!

sallie_R
Clownfish
Clownfish
693 Posts

[Post New]by sallie_R on Feb 11, 10 7:40 PM
I usually don't like this type of game, but actually found this one quite enjoyable

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 11, 10 7:45 PM
Still have a few minutes left on the Demo, but is a buy for me. I totally agree with many of you in regards to the age of the lady. Also about it bring bright and airy. With my ole' eyes (72) I also had to use a couple of hints, but that is OK. That is the reason we play these games, if for enjoyment.

Thanks

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Feb 11, 10 11:58 PM
I really didn't expect to enjoy this game, and maybe was a bit premature in thinking the objects were hard to find - I started the demo in the morning and the sun was shining across my screen. Gave up on it then, but decided to play out the demo in the evening when the screen was more visible and found it so much easier!

Then found I was getting sucked into the story, and am just waiting for my monthly credit to come through in a couple of days to buy it!

I do so agree with Ebbalytle that it's good to have a game about someone our age (I'm 61). A games developer once told me that they use young females as main characters because women identify with them and men like to look at them. Would be interesting to know the age and gender make-up of BFG members.

And hey, wouldn't it be good to have a game that actually cleared up your house? I spend so much time tidying up virtual rooms in HOGs I just wish I could click on objects at home and they would be miraculously picked up and put away.....

teeitup46ok
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by teeitup46ok on Feb 12, 10 12:31 AM
So glad to hear others are enjoying this game. It was the first game I got to beta and I really enjoyed the experience, as well as the game. There was just something so comfortable about playing it, the story and I loved the beautiful graphics. I'm also a "Sr" but I think the storyline brought back past memories of our younger days perhaps. I will definitely get this when I get my punch card credit.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Feb 12, 10 1:48 AM
I have played 30 mins of the demo so far and have to agree with you all - I really like this game It's so romantic and sweet. Not too easy, not too hard - quite a relaxing game. I am going to finish up the demo and would definitely consider using my punchcard credit (my first ever one, how excited am I?) for Feb to get it.

By the way, I am a 34 year old female and find some of the younger protagonists in the games irritating. I tend to identify more with the 30-something mums like Rhianna Ford and whatsherface from Escape The Museum, because I am one, just more harrassed

Go to: