Bounce Quest

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Bounce Quest

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 12, 10 12:05 AM
Become a fantastic wizard master! Your mission is to clear away the dark clouds, the clouds will disappear when you collect all the magic energy. Your ball will be helping you throughout the journey and will be your own weapon against evil. Your aim is to place reflectors on the ball's path to make the ball collect all the magic energy in Bounce Quest, a fast-paced and exciting Action/Arcade game.

Re:Bounce Quest

[Post New]by sphinxvictorian on Feb 12, 10 12:17 AM
Not loading for me. It installs and all, but then the game won't start. Is there a bug?

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 12, 10 1:46 AM
it is fine on my computer. Early levels are a bit childish but I expect it will soon get challenging as more of the screen is used. I liked White Zebra's first game so will give this one a full try out.

[Post New]by Illyra on Feb 12, 10 3:05 AM
Windows Vista 64-bit, will not run.

alexcarl
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by alexcarl on Feb 12, 10 6:53 AM
windows 7 will not run

skoolmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by skoolmom on Feb 12, 10 8:27 AM
Not working for me either- windows 7
Glad I didn't buy it- looked like fun.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 12, 10 12:06 PM
Windows XP no problems noticed with game demo.

If you like Pathstorm, you should try this demo. The gameplay is different and nice. The ambiance isn't so great, but the unique gameplay is worth a try.

tazziebb
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tazziebb on Feb 12, 10 1:25 PM
Windows XP works fine. How far has anyone got. Does anyone know how to get rid of the reflectors that is all ready there?

Edited on 02/12/2010 at 1:27:00 PM PST

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 12, 10 3:06 PM
Hi folks,

If you're having trouble running this game in Windows Vista or Windows 7, I'd recommend trying to run it in XP Compatibility mode. You can read more about how to do this in the following articles:

Windows 7

Windows Vista

If you find you're still having trouble playing this game even after following those instructions, click on the "Contact Us" link on the left side of either article to e-mail Customer Support and let them know.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Feb 12, 10 3:37 PM
I only tried this to see if it would run. Well, it runs fine on XP Pro but it seems like kind of a neat little game.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's good for my hand issues (just the sustained muscle tension). I didn't get very far but didn't play very long either. I'm sure it gets much harder. I may well finish the demo though.

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Feb 12, 10 4:12 PM
Works great on my Windows 7. It's different & fun. I love logic type games. Going to buy it!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 12, 10 4:53 PM
Hi folks,

We actually just got a new build of the game that resolves compatibility issues with Windows 7. To read more, click here

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Feb 12, 10 7:33 PM
I like this! I was going to pass, thinking it was another brickbuster, and I just bought the German one, LOL. Someone PMd me that I might like it, and I tried it. WOW!! I'm a long-time Pathstorm addict, and this is like a visible Pathstorm, except I have to put the bumpers in to guide the ball instead of trying to find the bumpers. Very cool game, and this is going on the wish list!!

tazziebb
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tazziebb on Feb 13, 10 9:03 AM
tazziebb wrote:Windows XP works fine. How far has anyone got. Does anyone know how to get rid of the reflectors that is all ready there?

tazziebb
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by tazziebb on Feb 13, 10 9:06 AM
I bought the game and figured out the problem I was having. Glad I bought the game. It's lots of fun

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 13, 10 2:32 PM
This seems like a great game, just the type I used to love but like Diana_Mc, I now have hand issues that won't allow this game. So sad. I also will finish demo. I love reflective games, if anyone knows of any that don't include fast movement please let me know. I played a demo a few years back where you had to move mirrors, bombs, etc. It had penguins and ice but I can't remember the name.

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Feb 13, 10 4:11 PM
tazziebb wrote:
tazziebb wrote:Windows XP works fine. How far has anyone got. Does anyone know how to get rid of the reflectors that is all ready there?

I'm on the snowball & ice level...not too far. You get a button to remove reflectors on this level. You just have to work around them until you get to this level. I really love this game!

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Feb 14, 10 12:24 AM
cll1950 wrote:This seems like a great game, just the type I used to love but like Diana_Mc, I now have hand issues that won't allow this game. So sad. I also will finish demo. I love reflective games, if anyone knows of any that don't include fast movement please let me know. I played a demo a few years back where you had to move mirrors, bombs, etc. It had penguins and ice but I can't remember the name.

You don't actually need fast hand movement because the ball will just keep moving in a pattern until you put the next reflector in to divert it. It doesn't matter how long you take. It's very rarerly that you need to place one quickly to divert it and even in those cases it's seldom immediate you could wait for it to come back to that point the second time before placing the reflector.

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on Feb 14, 10 3:11 PM
I agree - it can be as fast or slow as you want. I played it slow by letting the ball go back and forward and taking my time placing the reflectors. Loved it and bought it straight away!

[Post New]by yug1og1irl on Feb 14, 10 5:50 PM
cll1950 wrote:This seems like a great game, just the type I used to love but like Diana_Mc, I now have hand issues that won't allow this game. So sad. I also will finish demo. I love reflective games, if anyone knows of any that don't include fast movement please let me know. I played a demo a few years back where you had to move mirrors, bombs, etc. It had penguins and ice but I can't remember the name.

I love this game. I'm so glad BF is coming out with something other than HOGs. They're okay, but I'm getting tired of them!

I agree with the others who have said you can take your time with this game. I was surprised it doesn't have a timer, then relieved about that as I got farther into it!

I don't know the game with the penguins you mentioned, cll1950, but have you tried Prism? I got it here on Big Fish and I really like that one, too. It has you using reflectors and colored blocks to direct the correct light to little blobby guys. The only thing I would warn someone about is there's a lot of movement going on in the background, so it may not be good if you have trouble with that.

Go to: