Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 7, 16 12:43 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 07/07/2016 at 6:48:17 AM PST

Graphic Problem

[Post New]by Hamish_MacEwan on Jul 7, 16 2:36 AM
Hi,

Loving the game, but at one point it lost coherence and produced images like this: [Removed by Moderator]

Hamish.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F7, 12/8/2014
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.420"
Time Zone New Zealand Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.8 GB
Available Physical Memory 18.5 GB
Total Virtual Memory 63.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 48.6 GB

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_36CB1458&REV_A1\4&1286464&0&0008
Adapter Type GeForce GTX 980 Ti, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes
Installed Drivers nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver Version 10.18.13.6839
INF File oem9.inf (Section045 section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 3840 x 2160 x 59 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xF6000000-0xF70FFFFF
Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xF1FFFFFF
Memory Address 0xF0000000-0xF1FFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000E000-0x0000EFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys (10.18.13.6839, 12.93 MB (13,553,096 bytes), 7/4/2016 9:24 AM)

Edited on 07/07/2016 at 6:55:51 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jul 7, 16 6:49 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

I'd also like to remind user of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Tent disappeared and I didn't take glue

[Post New]by 808Special_K on Jul 7, 16 4:29 PM
The Tent in the crypts disappeared and I didn't get the glue now I can't glue the tablet. I'm stuck

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Swan Princess and The Dire Tree CE here.

[Post New]by thorin on Jul 7, 16 7:35 PM
same ....where is the tent????

[Post New]by 808Special_K on Jul 7, 16 8:14 PM
thorin wrote:same ....where is the tent????

I had to start the game over over and made sure I grabbed the Glue before I did anything else in the tent.

[Post New]by Dragonwolf on Jul 7, 16 11:05 PM
I have the glue. I lost the tent. I removed the game and reinstalled it. Still no tent.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Jul 7, 16 11:10 PM
I can't even get it to download! I keep getting Error 3, which means that the Game Manager is suffering from an internal error. I have the latest version. No idea what the trouble is.

ETA: FINALLY got it to download and install...on the fourth try.

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 11:13:37 AM PST

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by sackese on Jul 8, 16 2:17 AM
Add me to the tent issue...

You could think that the testers tried to do what everyone has done here, that they play without a guide etc to find out things like these...

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 3:37:47 AM PST

[Post New]by juneaugurl2 on Jul 8, 16 4:56 AM
Tent issue. It disappeared, did not grab the glue and now I am stuck! What to do. Do not want to play this all over again!!!

Windows 10

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 5:26:17 AM PST

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jul 8, 16 6:45 AM
I am unable to select the note out of the pouch in the cobwebs at the beginning of chapter two. Reloaded the game and still the same issue.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Jul 8, 16 8:19 AM
Same problem for me - the tent disappeared and I cannot go back and pick up the glue.

I've removed the game and then reinstalled it and there is still no tent. This is a very long game and now I have to restart it in order to find the missing item.

There are so many issues with games now since BFG has branched out into support for different platforms and the games are not thoroughly tested. Grrrr! How frustrating.

[Post New]by Lola787127 on Jul 8, 16 9:14 AM
I got the glue, but now the tent is gone and I can't fix the broken swan... is there something I can do besides starting over?

Windows 10 (surface pro 3)

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 9:15:24 AM PST

[Post New]by lochniall on Jul 8, 16 11:37 AM
I downloaded the demo and when I got to the totem piece, I was unable to grab it. It acted as though I already had it in my inventory, which I didn't.

Had to look in the Guide to see what I was missing to try and progress. The game never indicated a hot spot to zoom in on the sign post, though I tried several times. Everything else, (book, sign, etc), worked fine but the signpost not at all.

trentcook
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by trentcook on Jul 8, 16 12:53 PM
Same issue with the tent disappearing. Can't proceed and REALLY do not want to start over.....

[Post New]by tambra77 on Jul 8, 16 3:14 PM
I have Windows 7 Professional. The tent disappeared and I can't get it back to get the glue. Need up-date to finish this.

[Post New]by estherdragonbat on Jul 8, 16 4:07 PM
Add me to the "Case of the disappearing tent". Really annoyed.

[Post New]by Devilscut on Jul 8, 16 7:35 PM
What a disappointment some of you actually got to play it mine wouldnt even go passed the load screen I thought it was just slow loading so I waited for 2 or 3 minutes but nope stayed right on the loading page I think its time to put this series to bed all I got to see was someone with feathers around them doing loading

[Post New]by Merkilan on Jul 8, 16 7:47 PM
Didn't save my game. I played it all in one sitting and as soon as the credits finished, it asked me to type in a profile name. I did so and it starting me at the beginning again, no other profile was there. Everything wiped, all my achievement, collectables, no access to bonus game, nothing!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Jul 8, 16 9:06 PM
I was lucky enough to get the glue and the tent stayed in place. I had everything I needed to play the stone tablet puzzle in the archive. It went just fine until close to the end of the game. The second to last step in the puzzle is to touch the gear mechanism and it is supposed to open the middle of the puzzle. No matter how many times I clicked on the gear section everywhere inside it, the gears didn't move. I did have all the gears in place, so it wasn't missing a part. I tried resetting the puzzle, but then nothing I clicked on worked. The puzzle was frozen. I tried closing the game and getting back in, but the puzzle still won't work. I tried closing the game and the game manager and then getting back in. This did not fix the problem. I had to skip the puzzle, which I hate to do.

I have Windows 10 64-bit on PC. My video card driver is AMD Crimson.

Edited on 07/08/2016 at 9:32:39 PM PST

Go to: