anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Overloading with things

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jul 7, 16 2:18 PM
I don't know if I've put the headline correctly..

I mean that devs must have created this game, launched, they must have played it to see if it is ok, but I guess they quitted to play until they'd reach level 50 or more. Because if they did, they would have found out the game makes you overloaded with lots of things you desperately need at the beginning but only get stocked on higher levels.

First I'm talking about energy. It's a must when you're a beginner. Many player get frustrated and even can quit the game for some months (as I did fee times when I began), because you just CAN'T get energy you need so. And suddenly on your 200 or more level you realize that you don't need to buy VIP status to get your energy refilled quicker. On my current level 800 I have 112 jams, 77 biomodules, and thousands of sodas and strawberry jars (yes, begineers may cry here )

I would be very happy not even to sell all that out. To give it for free. But the game doesn't allow me to do this(( Meanwhile Russian version does .

Second thing, what actually made me to start this topic, is charges you needed once, but after the quest is over (forever!), you keep getting them from creatures. Lots of things from Transvaal Lion to build the Watermill. There must be some things from other creatures as well, but I'm angry because of the Lion, because it's so hard to get those tartlets to feed the creature, and they go for things you will never need.

Things you keep getting from creatures at friends' places.. I think the list can be extended.

I really hope this topic will bring attention of devs or however is capable of changing things for better.

Re:Overloading with things

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Jul 8, 16 5:16 AM
There was in interesting discussion a couple of months ago about life at the higher levels:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/708893.page#6448327

Apparently, once you hit level 1000, the amount of experience needed to level up goes from 10,000 to 50,000. That's an enormous change, so I'm guessing it's a good idea to hoard all that energy, and have as many artefacts ready for assembly as possible.

anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jul 8, 16 8:23 AM
Thanks for the link, Librarian. But it gives no answer to overloading with useless things. I've never heard about the quest to build another Watermill. Lots of unnecessary artifacts, which makes you spend crystals to buy what you really need. Which may then lead to spending $. That is why I quitted Russian version. Don't like too greedy games((

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Jul 8, 16 1:09 PM
I can sure sympathize with the problem getting energy, especially for those first 100 levels. I used to just hope for strawberry jams on the daily spin so I could continue to play.

Personally, I rather like assembling artifacts even after the need for them is finished. It's a great way to get experience points. For instance, both the Ax and Trowel give 300 experience points. I may never need to assemble the Water Mill again but I can sure use those points! And there's no reason to spend coins to assemble the artifacts, so it's fun to complete one.

For folks who are going for the Legends' Collector category, of course, items need to be assembled en mass.

anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jul 8, 16 1:39 PM
Dear thurber, I wasn't talking about artifacts. These are good for experience, coins, and many more other aspects.

I was talking about.. these are not even charges, just things you need to build the Watermill: Gravels, Sharp-Edged Boulder you constantly get from Lion, Linen Jutes - from Scarescrow at friends' places. Once you built your Watermill, you don't need all that staff anymore, and there's nowhere you could use it. But it keeps to pile up to no avail(( I wouldn't even talk about it Lion gave me needed charges easily, but instead it keeps giving me that needless staff((

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Jul 8, 16 2:45 PM
I never or hardly ever if at all spend in game crystal or gems on any item for any artifact or relic as I usually get it in time with patience. After all this is a casual game and some take it too seriously.

But as with you I am still getting pieces to artifacts I do not need to recreate after they are first created and used for the purpose they are for, but I do pass along to lower and newer level players who need help with getting the pieces if they wish. While I have still yet to get to 200 let alone 300 or above.

I do spend 70 crystal/gems for the VIP as my gold is still in the low single digit million, I have yet to get more than 5 million in the bank.

Would never spend real money on the game, never do on the other game so why start now when I can get Gems every five hours in the Rune Maze and Level ups both game and magician title ranking for duels. Not that I need them badly, but reading of the issues with purchasing them made me decide to not bother trying to buy them or gold since it is easier to come by and I have no problem wasting on needful items that you can buy with it.

Though I did get the Ghost Octopus a few months ago, I already created 4 Kaleidoscope of Mystery and can create 3 more (Light and Shade) of which I have the least of one of the five items to do so if I wish. Would like to have the ability to make another 16 or double that.

anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jul 8, 16 3:11 PM
No one has understood me so far , I guess that's because those who replied are lower level players, or those who don't like to progress in the game so quickly as I do.

I don't actually care about the energy stock; I only feel sorry I'm unable to gift it to those who really need it. Still maybe I shall really need it when I reach 1100 level

My main point of concern is the Lion I was only wondering if it is hard for devs to make the creature stop giving the staff which is no longer needed in the game.

There is a similiar situation with the Unicorn. There is a quest on lower levels when you need to get Zebras from the Unicorn. Once you get 10 or smth Zebras, the creature stops giving them. I thought the scheme is similiar here.

bluekiwis
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by bluekiwis on Jul 8, 16 4:17 PM
@anna9lviv

I know exactly what you are talking about!!! I have so many energy sources (sodas, jams, etc) I wish I could just give them away like you can with most of the artifact parts to players who are just starting to play.

Same goes with energy talismans... I have hundreds of them which I don't need anymore and cannot give them away.

And Phase Watches... Who use them when you have those stop time talismans like Nautilus Pallium...

I know what you mean about that lion... eating all those tartlets and won't even give one squid ink (relic charge)... And when I go visit my neighbors, keep giving me Line Jutes... Really? I have over 1,000 of these things... I'd rather have sweet corns or linseed oils so I can give those away...

Just some thoughts...

Please don't get me started on those silly red noses and the amethyst figures...

anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jul 8, 16 4:49 PM
bluekiwis: Hahaha!! Finally, soulmate!! When almost all my hope has gone))
Thank you for your understanding))

It would be great if this could be changed. That would make the game more pleasant))

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Jul 8, 16 7:02 PM
Bluekiwis - you don't need another musketeer hat?? And here I was just ready to send you one..

I don't mind the phase watches. Lower level players who aren't rolling in time stoppers need them. But it sure would be able to request/gift some of those things.

OK, anna, I get what you mean now. Yes, there are some pretty useless things which do seem to pile up.

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Jul 8, 16 7:35 PM
[Removed by Moderator] The devs, whoever they are, nçmade a great game!!!
It is what it is [Removed by Moderator]
Everyone at a higher level has gone through the same process and others tried it and quit!
[Removed by Moderator]

If you stay I wish you good hunting and if you leave I wish you good luck!

Edited on 07/09/2016 at 10:19:27 AM PST

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by AnnaGreenil on Jul 8, 16 8:02 PM

Edited on 07/09/2016 at 10:06:15 AM PST

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Jul 8, 16 8:38 PM
amina046 wrote:[Removed by Moderator] The devs, whoever they are, nçmade a great game!!!
It is what it is [Removed by Moderator]
Everyone at a higher level has gone through the same process and others tried it and quit!
[Removed by Moderator]

If you stay I wish you good hunting and if you leave I wish you good luck!

Just wanted to say that everyone is free to express opinions and request things from the developers. It shows an interest in the game and a wish to make it better. What the developers choose to do is up to them. So far, I think overall they've given us a great game. I look forward to continue playing an evolving game in a friendly environment.

Edited on 07/09/2016 at 10:26:44 AM PST

anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jul 9, 16 7:43 AM
I totally agree with you Vulcaness. They really did a great job, the game is very interesting. It is very versatile, and players may discover it from different sides with time, so I guess it's hard to keep an eye on everything. It wasn't about repreminding but about making it only better

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 9, 16 10:30 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to thank everyone for taking the time to provide their feedback for the game. The Forum Moderation Team certainly appreciates receiving player comments and thoughts, and we work to pass them along to the appropriate team.

I also wanted to thank people for their patience as the spam in the forums is removed. Currently, the Moderation Team must work to manually delete the spam posts and ban the posters, and so they may stay visible for longer than we would like. However, we'll certainly continue to remove the spam each day so that the forums stay tidy and organized.

If anyone would like more information on this, I recommend checking out the following thread:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Additionally, I need to post a quick reminder of the Forum Rules. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

We ask that people please refrain from calling unwanted attention to other users while they're posting. Additionally, please don't reply to comments that are in violation of the Forum Rules. By keeping those rules in mind we can all help to keep the forums a respectful and comfortable place for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: