bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Awakening: The Dreamless Castle technical issues

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 13, 10 1:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 02/13/2010 at 1:30:32 AM PST

Re:Awakening: The Dreamless Castle technical issues

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Feb 13, 10 10:22 AM
I can't even get the game to load up at all.

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Feb 13, 10 4:23 PM
I had no problems at all running the trial hour with Windows XP SP3. Loved it!

elainejay
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by elainejay on Feb 15, 10 1:39 PM
i LOVE this game! i had no glitches at all. i got lost a few times but found my way.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 17, 10 1:35 AM
The game loads, I hear music and see a mouse cursor and then it switches back to the rest of the screen. I updated the drivers, directx but nothing changed... Anybody else having these issues? I have Vista SP2 32bit, DirectX 11, Nvidia 130m...

[Post New]by Swiftrz on Feb 17, 10 6:34 AM
Going to check the help pages too but I have a rather interesting problem. My 60 minute trial cut me out of my game after the Gambling Den goblinjong puzzle was completed, I had just picked up the key items in the room when it cut out. I bought the game and re-entered to continue playing.

The problem is this: I have the reward for the puzzle, but the goblins are back at the table. I cannot pick up the key items I had before, and when I attempt to re-play the goblinjong game to get the goblins to leave, it takes me through the text but does not start the goblinjong, instead it does nothing.

I can't progress and I'll be so annoyed if I have to restart the whole game...though it looks like that's the case. Any advice?

[Post New]by jamiekev on Feb 17, 10 6:48 AM
im playing the chimes puzzle and done all what you have to do by the awaking walkthrough and i still getting no wear any idea?

[Post New]by enola43 on Feb 17, 10 12:50 PM
jamiekev wrote:im playing the chimes puzzle and done all what you have to do by the awaking walkthrough and i still getting no wear any idea?

jamiekev, Am having the same problem? Have tried all diff .ways beside walk-through way ! Did you get the answer? Am stuck until I get the last chystral !
If you did finally get it, would you please e-mail me at : enola@cfl.rr.com ?
Thanks ,enola

maureen010
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by maureen010 on Feb 17, 10 4:14 PM
Swiftrz wrote:Going to check the help pages too but I have a rather interesting problem. My 60 minute trial cut me out of my game after the Gambling Den goblinjong puzzle was completed, I had just picked up the key items in the room when it cut out. I bought the game and re-entered to continue playing.

The problem is this: I have the reward for the puzzle, but the goblins are back at the table. I cannot pick up the key items I had before, and when I attempt to re-play the goblinjong game to get the goblins to leave, it takes me through the text but does not start the goblinjong, instead it does nothing.

I can't progress and I'll be so annoyed if I have to restart the whole game...though it looks like that's the case. Any advice?

I have a similar problem. I was in the alchemist lab and had just made the corrosive potion and put it on the rock when the trial ended. The goblin had congratulated me, invited me to explore the rest of the castle and left. Now he's back. If I try to mix the potion with the vials again, I'm told I'm done there. When I go to the magnifyer, it tells me what it does. I'm stuck and it looks like I'll have to start over, which will not make me happy.

spd347
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by spd347 on Feb 18, 10 3:35 AM
I could solve problem with missing video - after I changed the resolution of my monitor to 1280 x 800. My monitor's native resolution 1920 x 1080 was not working...

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Feb 19, 10 6:44 AM
I have had a similar problem, when I get to the gambling scene it hangs up... Get an error saying my video card was not right. Or is it this game that my direct x is wrong version?? After all the rest of the game?? Seem to me that shouldn't happen, but it appears that is what's wrong.
Any ideas what I can do?
Thanks.Annie

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Feb 19, 10 9:53 AM
Not happy had to skip making the veg stew as the veg just hung in mid air, i tried leaving game going back in and still the same i have bought this game so hope there will be no further problems.

[Post New]by Emilyette on Feb 19, 10 12:33 PM
I have downloaded the game 3 times and when I open it, it opens partly to the right. The left part of my screen is black and some of the scene is off my monitor to the right, so I
can't get past the first scene. It looks like a good game, how do I fix this issue?

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Feb 19, 10 3:13 PM
Emilyette wrote:I have downloaded the game 3 times and when I open it, it opens partly to the right. The left part of my screen is black and some of the scene is off my monitor to the right, so I
can't get past the first scene. It looks like a good game, how do I fix this issue?

I have found one of these two things work most of the time:

1--use the auto-adjust feature on your monitor or

2--go to options in game, change to windowed mode, then switch back to full screen

good luck & happy gaming!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Feb 19, 10 3:17 PM
I am having a problem with the game crashing in the first room when I click on the sparkling area. Actually, it crashes my computer and forces it to restart, so it is not just the game crashing.

I have contacted customer service and all my programs, drivers, etc are up-to-date and deleting the files they suggested did not work, so I will not be able to even play this game--bummer, it looks like fun!

[Post New]by teachistory on Feb 20, 10 9:32 AM
I have uploaded the trial game and the language is all messed up. Had anyone else had this issue and if so how did you correct it? Thanks would love to try the game

[Post New]by GameGirl3 on Feb 20, 10 2:08 PM
I can't get the bucket to fill at the fountain. Additionally, I can't find the match to light the fire.
Pls help.

tks

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Feb 20, 10 5:08 PM
After the game loads, which takes forever, and I click play the game goes away. Was working with the free trial. Glad I didn't buy. Hope it can be reworked. Thanks

[Post New]by Riverowl on Feb 20, 10 7:13 PM
I also have a "end of trial period" problem. My trial period quit when I was matching butterflies. Now I have purchased the game and connot find the butterfly net! It is gone from the alchemists room and yet I do not have my butterfly.

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Feb 21, 10 8:37 AM
When I downloaded this the whole left side of the screen was black of course I contacted CS and did the Dr. Felix thing well first I had to download something that did nothing than it turned out I just had to fix my screen resolution the only bad thing I wanted to but this game this happened around the time of the PREZSALE I didn't want want to use a club creidt CS did not respond to me about any help they coiuld give me with that they just wished me luck so I guess I will have to use a credit to get this game.

Go to: