Have updated and re-installed but still getting black screen with Congo 1 level

[Post New]by Elmleif on Feb 13, 10 11:51 AM
Okay so i have updated windows and graphics card drivers (today) and reinstalled the game following all the instructions e.g. no other windows open and I still get a black screen and need to reboot on the congo 1 level.

Am running windows vista and GeForce 8800 GTX and contemplating asking for a refund as this game clearly doesn't work regardless of pc stats . BTW no problem with the original version of fix-it-up.......

any ideas considered.... Ta

Re:Have updated and re-installed but still getting black screen with Congo 1 level

[Post New]by seanhealy on Feb 17, 10 12:09 PM
No matter what you try this game won't run properly for anyone with Windows 7 and an Nvidia graphics card. We are still waiting for Bigfish to announce if the game is going to be patched to address this.

I am not sure about Vista and Nvidia graphics cards but it is quite likely that the same issue exists as Windows 7 and Vista use the same graphics drivers.

NavyDood
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Have updated and re-installed but still getting black screen with Congo 1 level

[Post New]by NavyDood on Apr 4, 10 2:08 PM
Very annoying indeed. I have Win7 and Nvidia. When it hangs up, i hit the windows key to bring up the desktop. Then when I click the tab on the bottom 75% of the time the game cures itself until the next level. Then I have to do the same thing again. Very annoying. But at least I am playing it.

Go to: