I think I give up

Re:I think I give up

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 8, 10 12:48 AM
I dont know when FS2 will be ready, but whether its tomorrow or next month or 6 months from now, I will be getting it.

[Post New]by sunbeam163 on Aug 11, 10 4:47 PM

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 12, 10 4:24 AM
My birthday is Aug 20th so let's do an 8 day countdown til my birthday and I will make a wish each day between now and then for FS2 release. Maybe if I wish each day for 8 days, it will come out. ( *crosses fingers* )

8 days til my birthday - Wishes for FS2 release

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 4:27:15 AM PST

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Aug 13, 10 10:37 AM
Does anyone know what the hold up is for the release? Since it had been supposed to come a few weeks ago, it doesn't seem like there should have been that much more to do to get it released. Did the game that Brian wanted get released yet? I hope it is not much longer and it would be nice if the newsletter would go ahead and come out to let us know what is going on instead of waiting till the release to give newsletter.

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Aug 13, 10 4:30 PM
Last we heard they were planning on releasing something last weekend-we haven't heard anything since then. We were also told they were going to release it last month but it wasn't.

At this point I'm not sure it is ever going to come out. It has been over six months since it was supposed to be released (Feb 2010) and there has been delay after delay.

I agree that it would be nice if they could at least release the newsletter.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 14, 10 3:00 AM
If the newsletter is finished and the game is not coming anytime really soon PLEASE go ahead and release the newsletter.

Even if we cant ply the game for a while it would be nice to read what has been going on and any updated news about it, so we arent totally in the dark..

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 14, 10 3:02 AM
I just went back and was re-reading the posts.....

Brian of Subsoap is 22 years old!

That explains EVERYTHING!!

PS: Brian, you were 21 when FS1 came out and you did a great job on that!!

(trying to be patient here.....)

Subsoap
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Subsoap on Aug 15, 10 5:50 PM
Thank you for your patience. Part of the reason for the recent delays were that some of the others on our team have not been able devote their full time to the game because of school, other jobs, or just life things. Hopefully in the future we'll be able to afford to have everyone on full time so things like this don't happen.

I'm going to go back to saying "soon" again, I think, for the release of the next game (I just played for a while and it's really fun). Also, iPhone version of FS will be available very "soon" too.

I'll think about releasing half of the newsletter, but we're really so close it may just add to the frustration of waiting a bit longer. Everything will be explained, and hopefully what we have done and what we plan to do in the future will make sense.

Brian

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Aug 15, 10 9:06 PM
Thanks for the update. To be honest it would be better if you at least released part of the newsletter-we need something-we've been waiting for almost 7 months.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 16, 10 7:22 AM
Thanks, Brian, for updating us all! I'm literally STARVED for more Fairie Solitaire. I'll buy them all...

I am waiting for the Prequel promised as a bonus to those who signed up for the newsletter. That's supposed to involve the characters BEFORE Fairie Solitaire or where they originated or something.

I guess you're a young group of developers, but you sure do have a GREAT creation here with Fairie Solitaire! You already have thousands of people ready to purchase, anxiously waiting, and when it comes out - be prepared to get richer (and us poorer ).

lilgirl88
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
463 Posts

[Post New]by lilgirl88 on Aug 16, 10 11:24 PM
I'm feeling this is like waiting for the baby to decide to make her appearance lol I've been trying to induce labor and it hasn't been successful so far kinda like the release of FS2 lol. I'll cross my fins with you dylansmom and hope it will come out on your birthday

Edited on 08/16/2010 at 11:24:32 PM PST

[Post New]by LELLYBEAR on Aug 17, 10 3:08 PM
Don't give up!!!
Faerie solitaire is the best ever game, it will be worth waiting for !!!
I finished the first adventure, hatching all 32 eggs and evolving but I got stuck on Solar Rift on the next level, couldn't get past it !!!
We'll have FS2 soon
lellybear

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 20, 10 11:45 PM
Subsoap:

Go ahead and post any news or updates you have on the FB pages you have.

[Post New]by GuardianOfRlyeh on Aug 23, 10 12:31 AM
I know how hard it can be to create something larger with people shattered around the world so I compare the development of this game with the experiences I made for myself.
There where projects I had to wait YEARS for until they were released so I can be very patient
(Especially after reading that the Subsoap team is made of members developing in their spare time after school, work and so on. I coded some stuff in my spare time, too, and know how hard that can be)

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 24, 10 3:39 AM
OK, Subsoap and Brian, we'll be patient (or not). I don't get on Facebook anymore, so I'll have to look here for any news or updates on what's happening.

Kudos to you for taking the time to develop a QUALITY product and not just churn out junk like we've been getting most of the summer.

1mouse53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 1mouse53 on Aug 24, 10 5:11 AM
it is now almost September, If anyone was holing their breath, you surely suffocated by now. No game, No newsletter, are you guys starting to see the writing on the wall?

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 26, 10 11:02 AM
Here is what Brain posted on Facebook just now:

The next game WILL BE RELEASED and it will be FREE. Paying for any part of it will be optional. Our team has been working on it for over a year now and I more than anyone else want to finally be able to release it.

In the past few months there have been some big changes with the project and with our team. These have contributed to the delays and caused the times when I thought we would be able to release soon to be false as we later decided to completely redo or change some parts of the game in dramatic ways (for the better).

I'm working full time on this and there have been problems which have been out of my control (such as team members not being able to do any work for extended periods of time for various reasons). I apologize for the delays. The game will be released.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 11:25:07 AM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 26, 10 4:56 PM
Everyone thats ready to jump ship, hold off on that for now. Brain said the newsletter is finished, and he would release it only the newsletter says the game is ready and since its not it will lead to even more confusion if he releases a newsletter that says it is ready to play when its not.

The games are still on, just not this moment. Not sure when it will be out but it is still coming and most of it will be free with an option to pay if you want to donate money to help them with future games.

I think some of the later parts may be some you pay for, but I know the first part or parts will be free, so what have you got to lose by trying it when it comes out, not money since some or all will be free? Not sure how much will be free, but I know at least in the beginning it will be free.

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Aug 26, 10 9:42 PM
I'm sorry but I'm done. At this point I don't care if it's free or not-I am an accountant for a retail business and I am absolutely appalled by the horrible management of this project, the lack of communication and the poor customer service. I can not imagine ever doing this to one of my customers.

The fact of the matter is we (the fans) have been hearing this song and dance for 10 months now with nothing to show for it. It has reached a point where many just have found better things to do.

I wish them all the best but enough is enough at this point.

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Aug 28, 10 1:34 AM
lilly, I can understand your frustration....after all, I'm the one who started this thread!!

The thing about Brian and Subsoap is that even if they say "soon' and it's not "soon", they come here or to FB to explain why. I can only think of one other developer that does that.

So, even though I THINK about giving up...I won't. I'm still a (fairly) loyal SS/Brian/FS fan.

Go to: