Re:Your Comments and Review for Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Nov 3, 10 9:53 PM
Re: candles, I had the same problem. Finally it seemed as if the 4th try was always the charm. Sometimes random clicking in the general direction of the candlesticks worked too (as opposed to attempting accurate placement). Don't give up!

Exquisitely rendered, detailed graphics. This game took me a long time, mostly because I was lost in the beautiful rooms, admiring them.
Very nice, relaxing game.

And I hadn't read the book but I guessed the murderer.

Edited on 11/03/2010 at 9:53:56 PM PST

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Nov 18, 10 11:13 AM
This is a good game, and very similar to the last two Agatha Christie games, pretty much straight hidden object scenes with a few very easy puzzles. The graphics were nice and the characters well drawn, however the objects were extremely small. The story was very good, of course, and followed the original closely. Overall, the game was enjoyable and relaxing, but not particularly exciting or involving. It was a nice light change of pace in between all of the wonderful dark adventures out there.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 11 3:40 AM
I love all the Agatha Christie games. This one is a little better than the Orient Express. Doesn't have you going all over the train picking up this item and that and having to analyze your clues, which I found a little tedious. Nice scenes except for the pig pen.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 10, 11 4:11 PM
Pat_ric_ia wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed playing the trial game and decided part way through that I would definately buy this one. What a joy! I'm an Agatha Christie fan anyway and I remember seeing the film with this plot starring Margaret Rutherford (the very best Miss Marple for me!) Can't recall the title ... anyone out there with a better memory?
Many thanks BF for such a refreshingly enjoyable game to add to my collection.
x

Hi all, Well I went ahead and bought the game, played it to the conclusion and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I've come back, a year later, and have started to replay it. It's still exciting and I quite like the music. This game is obviously a keeper and one I want to remain in my collection.
Love to all you fishes, Pat_ric_ia x

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 23, 11 10:07 PM
Enjoyed this game very much.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 2, 11 5:04 PM
as good as all the other AC games...

Edited on 06/02/2011 at 5:04:33 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 18, 11 7:38 AM
i got halfway through chapter 6 in the demo. so i wont be buying this

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Jun 18, 11 9:52 AM
Just bought this game at the dd price.

I was pleasantly surprised it was not boring. Being able to choose an untimed mode is always a plus because I use these games to unstress from work.
Most of the objects were easy to find. The hints recharge. The graphics are good. The minigames - rummage, trace and match two squares, and arranging strips of paper to complete a letter are nice touches.
Some of the items listed were not what they seemed. I used a hints to find out what the unfamiliar terms meant. Other than that this game is a must for anyone who loves HOGS.

It is relaxing, straight forward and not boring. Only once did I click on an object after taking a hint and find it was one I had clicked on previously with no response.

It definitely is a must try and well worth the DD price.

Edited on 06/18/2011 at 9:52:32 AM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 19, 11 5:20 PM
I bought it and I really enjoyed it, which surprised me since I had gotten the impression that it was merely a straight HOG. But I liked the mini-puzzles, liked the graphics, liked the interactive bits in the H0 scenes. The music wasn't annoying. I played it in the timed mode and time only ran out on me once, when I left the room to check on something and forgot to pause the game. Some of the objects were very small and hidden, but since finding three items in quick succession gives you an extra hint, I had hints to spare for when I got stuck. I found it to be a relaxing game to play in increments.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Jul 30, 11 1:22 PM
I'm finally getting a chance to get through some of my backlog of games lately!
This is a great game - fun and well put together. I usually play with the music off but this game the music fit in so well that I left it on and it really added some atmosphere to the game. The graphics are great, the game played well both on my older XP desktop and my newer Win7 laptop - no lagging or anything like that. I like that i can choose relaxed mode - something most of the Agatha Christie games don't have. Also I simply LOVE being able to have a chance throughout the game to guess "who dunnit" That was a fun little extra. The mini games were fun but didn't strike me as anything particularly new or inventive - but well done and enjoyable and they fit in with the storyline. Good game!

technocratee
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by technocratee on Aug 8, 11 5:45 AM
Not bad, graphics good, just not my type of game, the interaction was minimal, story didn't captivate me, a PHOG, Pure Hidden Object Game.

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by pomconfi on Aug 21, 11 2:49 PM
Hello.
well... being experienced player here I really like to say that this game is wonderful. Very old fashion - true. but so wonderful and pleasant. there will be no puzzles, just story, music and HOGs. it's not annoying a bit. it's just relaxing.
Game is so nicely done :-).
of course it's not good for the players who look for adventure. it's just a HOGs game. Old fashion like our dear Ms Marple :-).
very much calm and enjoyable. I'm spending hours looking for some objects and guess what - I simply love it.
to big fish.
WE REALLY NEED THIS KIND OF GAMES - like Ms Marple, Holmes, Poirot, old fashioned nice stories. we are so tired of all your spooks and scary twisted adventured.

jrwoods
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jrwoods on Sep 4, 11 11:26 AM
Go easy on me but, this is the first review I have given to this web site. I really enjoyed this game and I tried to get into the story so I could solve it but at the end of the game of course, I chose the wrong one.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the timing which was timed for picking up the objects. The objects for me, were easy to see. I would probably give this game 4 stars out of 5. Enjoy

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Sep 4, 11 11:31 AM
jrwoods, well done for posting a review, the more the merrier as developers do read these & it gives them a chance to see what we do or don't like.

Yours gave exactly what it should, why you liked it & what you didn't enjoy

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Oct 13, 11 11:43 AM
I saw this as a DD or COTW but after a try it's a no buy for me. Items are just too small for these old eyes! Enjoy fishes! JMHO of course.

Lean

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Nov 12, 11 1:01 PM
Pleasant game, but I'm surprised to see so many reviews praising the graphics. I found the objects much too tiny to pick up easily and many of the objects were "white on white" -- invisible to my eyes even when indicated by hint. I'm sorry I bought this game. I'm a big Agatha Christie and IHOG fan, but I won't be buying any more in this series.

rews2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by rews2 on Nov 15, 11 2:30 PM
I love Agatha Christie games. You have fun going through each step. I get such good games from Big Fish! I dont have to look for another place to find games I like, you have them all. I am a Big Fish fan and enjoy each game I play.
Keep them coming and I will keep playing them. Hidden Object games are my game and you offer many, many of them. Keep up the good work guys and gals.
Love U! Ruth

Daisy_48
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_48 on Sep 8, 12 10:22 AM
I really love Agatha Christie games - but can't say that I loved this one... played only demo and got to the 5th chapter - all in all, I won't buy it.

enfieldlady
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by enfieldlady on Oct 25, 12 3:41 AM
Having trouble placing the candles in chapter 10. They wont fit in candle holder

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jan 29, 13 9:54 PM
If you want to relax for a bit and just play normal HOS, with the Agatha Chrisitie twist, then this is a keeper. First of all, I'm a huge Agatha Christie fan!! I already knew who the murderer was having read this particular book over a dozen times. It was really nice to see that the game actually followed the book. I also liked the way it let you choose who you thought did the crime. Nothing dark or sinister in the game, and just a nice way to pass the time. The most difficult aspect of the game, if you can even think it difficult, is finding the places on the map. This is how you jump from place to place. Each chapter tells you the places you need to visit. If you previously visited that particular location, then it's already on the map. If not, then the game tells you where to find it on the map, you click in that general area and the location will pop up. It's really a no brainer. Love Agatha Christie, love the game, and thank you for sticking to the story line.

Go to: