Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by 4pawwhite2 on Jun 28, 11 9:31 PM
The problem I'm having is every time I open the game I'm back at 5%. I tryed starting the game under a different name but the second name didn't even appear,Ibought this game in june of last year and gave up, so I though I'd try a download again,but alas the same trouble.What can I do??

[Post New]by 4pawwhite2 on Jun 28, 11 9:38 PM
same thing with me, I've bought many games and this is the only one I've had trouble with,it's to bad ,because I really wanted to play this one.

flags1
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by flags1 on Jul 1, 11 7:43 AM
My game appears to be playing ok -- BUT it won't save. I was way into the game and had to leave - when I came back it started over.

I've put my player name in about 5 times and restarted but I'm sick of handing the guy his pen!

I have NO Resume! No Save!!

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Jul 5, 11 7:34 AM
GLITCH! I tried to do things without using the walkthru so I did not merge the ship and bottle and put it on the desk, and now the desk will not open up for me to place the bottled ship and get the key. Do I have to start over

kvat
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kvat on Aug 7, 11 9:44 PM
VerlaL2 wrote:Doesn't this game save where you are when you have to exit? I have started it 3 times to take up where I left off and have to start all over each time. How do you save your spot in the game.

Have you ever received any info on this.. I keep having the same problem, it is very frustrating.

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 7, 11 10:13 PM
kvat wrote:
VerlaL2 wrote:Doesn't this game save where you are when you have to exit? I have started it 3 times to take up where I left off and have to start all over each time. How do you save your spot in the game.

Have you ever received any info on this.. I keep having the same problem, it is very frustrating.

It should save your progress automatically. If it's not doing that, there is likely a glitch with your game. You should try to uninstall/reinstall, and you may also want to start a new profile. If it still isn't saving your progress, use the little green to the right to contact CS, or if you're a game club member you can use live chat during the week.

farry2
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by farry2 on Aug 13, 11 11:28 PM
My problem is most of the time when I play the game it opens in a small window even though I try to open it in the large window mode. Occasionally, it will open in the large window mode but I don't have a clue as to why. I changed my resolution but it didn't help.

[Post New]by minley on Aug 17, 11 10:56 AM
I opened the safe on the train using the stethoscope. Realized I needed a code for the lock inside and went and found the morse code. When I went back to the safe, it was closed and will not reopen. I can pull down on the handle and hear the "click" but the door doesn't open so I can get to the inside lock again. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Bosoxfan4life on Sep 4, 11 12:23 PM
In Love Potion level, gave up cauldron to Sarah but can't locate cauldron

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Dec 11, 11 6:58 AM
MM2Engine/Threads.lua:51:MM2Engine/Game.lua:303: error loading module
'Data/Chapter_D/D01_CourtHouse_Foyer/D01_CourtHouse_Foyer':
file not found or cannot be read

dear bigfish i wrote to u in may 2010 and i still didn' get a response to my question. i really like this game and would like an oportunity to complete it but i am getting the above error for days now and it is very frustrating. i have re dowloaded it loads of times to no avail. pls help. a loyal customer kind regards audrey x

[Post New]by tlefebvre on Jan 17, 12 9:20 PM
I would like someone from BigFish Games to respond to this issue... I was kicked out moving around from one area of Salem to another and when I tried to get back into the game I got an LUA Error reading:

Main.lua: 169: attempt to index global 'thefileManager' (a nil value)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, shutting down my pc 3 times. I would like to know how to fix this. I was quite a ways in the game. I needed to get back to the underground area where the boat was created from the Sherriff's coffin....

[Post New]by cyclonetracey65 on Jan 22, 12 9:48 PM
Was playing trial, no problems, bought it and it downloaded again and now when I try to open it I get a pop up error message, I note that numerous have had the same issue and no response for fishies, please help guys, we spend a lot of money. Main.lua: 169: attempt to index global 'thefileManager' (a nil value)

[Post New]by newnumber2 on May 10, 12 3:00 AM
I'm in the judge's room and I have opened up the drawer with the silver coin. I cannot pick up the coin by clicking on it. What's the deal? Getting frustrated!

[Post New]by karen5678 on Jan 11, 13 1:07 PM
stuck in the train.... opened safe... found letter, used coal to reveal message, found morse code book which I placed by the letter, yet no code revealed.????

[Post New]by m3dreamer on Jul 7, 13 12:43 PM
I paid for this game, downloaded it, tried to play it and the game freezes. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, adobe/shockwave. I updated DirectX. I've run dxdiag and everything is fine. The error I keep getting is

Panic error in file ".NovaSources\Platforms\Win32\Win32DX8Renderer.cpp", line 480: DX8Renderer: rawTexturedRect2d failed

Anyone familiar with this ? It isn't coming up in google, and there was a different Panic error that came up with this game. I can't even play this on my netbook since the resolution can't go high enough- it only shows part of the game screen so I can't get past the first screen since all of the items aren't accessible. This is annoying because I HAVE played other big Fish games on my netbook and my laptop and had no problems. If this doesn't get resolved, I will contact CS for a refund.. NOT a credit.

[Post New]by m3dreamer on Jul 7, 13 4:39 PM
karen5678 wrote:stuck in the train.... opened safe... found letter, used coal to reveal message, found morse code book which I placed by the letter, yet no code revealed.????

The letter doesn't show white dashes and dots in the coal rubbing? The code is the 4 numbers that correspond to the dots & dashes in the letter. Write it down.

[Post New]by Irish_mermaid on Jul 21, 13 8:43 AM
My game won't save! I am set as game administrator which is the advice in the help. That made no difference. I don't want a game I can't save and play as able.

[Post New]by SarahGoode on Jan 15, 14 11:23 PM
I just purchased the Mac version. I have to keep restarting the game because it won't let go of the inventory items when I'm trying to see which ones will work for the task. Consequently I can't leave that screen so I get stuck in limbo trying to let go of the wrongly picked inventory item. Now I'm really stuck because the inventory lost one of my garlics I need for the love potion. I had 3 and now I just have 2 which isn't enough to make the potion. I can't leave the area without completing the potion. There is no more garlic in the garden, only the 3 I had originally which one got lost in a glitch along the way. I checked the walkthrough to see if there is more garlic other than the 3 I picked up in the garden and there is not so I'm stuck. I really like this game. I suppose I'm going to have to uninstall it and start over. Is there a suggestion on how to safely let go of an inventory item so it doesn't disappear from the inventory when it won't work for the task at hand?

Go to: