Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Seji on Jul 1, 10 5:02 PM
Parts of the "Strategy Guide", aka a walkthrough, are missing.

I'm sorry guys but this game is a huge piece of c***. I went to the walkthrough on an extremely hard puzzle and began to read it only to discover that pages are missing. How is that possible? It's not like it's a real book that pages could be torn out. Where are they?

This is my first and last experience buying a collector's edition.

guntherp
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by guntherp on Jul 1, 10 5:16 PM
I'm stuck in the Crater of Time!!!! Went back to air and map, hit the reveal button and nothing happend. Time stands still!! How do I get out on on with the game?

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Jul 3, 10 2:54 AM
It looks like I'm not the only Mac user with the white window with the little black box in the upper left corner. I have all the latest software, even reinstalled software, game, you name it. Still same thing, startup music & nuttin' else. Did everything that was suggested. I will give them that their customer support is always top-notch. Although when a problem game happens... it may take a while to fix (Azada: Ancient Magic took over 2 months to fix).

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 3:00:30 PM PST

bj266
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by bj266 on Jul 3, 10 9:37 AM
saskitten wrote:I have the same problem as krmaples - I have completed the Wind Music level but the reveal wont show up on the map for the Water Collector level - have tried and tried!

The same problem for me too. All blue stones are in place with all figures stamped upon them. But no key did show up like it said in the Strategy Guide and clicking Reveal on the map doesn't show the next location. So I am stuck now.

Edited on 07/03/2010 at 9:37:57 AM PST

[Post New]by DesperateHW77 on Jul 3, 10 7:03 PM
I am stuck in the Crater of Time because I can't get my Brilliance Dream Jewel. I am two dream stones short of getting it. I have been everywhere in the crater 5-6 times and there are just not enough stones to power the gem. This appears to be a glitch in my game. Or maybe I missed a couple back in the beginning and so now I am stuck. They need to throw some random jewels into the game or tell you at the outset not to leave a scene unless you have all the jewels because I guess I am going to have to fly back to Wish to find the ones I missed in order to get into the Time Machine.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 3, 10 10:03 PM
The only issue I have is that the strategy guide does not finish some pages. it just stops and goes on to the next chapter, not telling you what to do. What's up with that? Other than that, everything worked fine. The tiles are difficult, but do work if you do them correct. The last two can fool you and go in place, but not in the right place. Try removing and repositioning.

[Post New]by Anoeska_x on Jul 4, 10 10:15 AM
I have a question,, I have the game and my reavel button doesn't work. So i don't get the coordinates for level 5 'water collector!!!' Please help me!!

BTW I have al the keys

[Post New]by HeatherJames on Jul 4, 10 12:27 PM
katejoe999 wrote:Got a similar problem. I've bought the game. I'm up to music island. I did part of the totem puzzle then skipped the rest of it. I didn't get any note in my book telling me how to print the blue tiles so tediously copied it all down on paper, made the tiles, got the key and got 'access violation' when I tried to use the map.
It shut down, I restarted and now have notes in my book about the totem musical notes but map won't let me use reveal to get my next destination!
not happy. For a CE game do not expect bugs like this!!

I am also on the music island.. printed the 4 blue tiles and the game won't accept the first... and you can't reprint the same sequence of tiles twice.. also it does not give the option to skip puzzle, so I can't move forward in the game.

[Post New]by esterlysl on Jul 7, 10 3:22 PM
Very underwhelmed w/ this collectors addition. Game works well in easy mode but challenge edition freezes. Can't back out of games sometimes. When starting new games, for e.g., the book puzzles in Wish don't even reset- same letters, same symbols even though it's a new game. None of the blocks turn green even though its the exact same puzzle as before. Running Windows 7 64-bit.....Not worth $20

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 9, 10 8:52 AM
I finished the game and I loved it, however, when I open the 2nd chest in the bonus game it shows the tower then that's it. It says there are 5 chests to open but I can only get 2. It won't give me a puzzle to work on the tower. Is this how it ends?

[Post New]by baj3016 on Jul 11, 10 7:11 PM
Pertigal wrote:I have finished the game and it is riddled with glitches. Very frustrating. There are many points where it doesn't respond or responds slowly to clicks. Every time you set coordinates and refuel, it tells you that it needs to be done and you can't leave until you do it all over again, sometimes more than once. The only time it worked right was the first time. The music scores are the same way...kept finishing it and having to redo it. Huge waste of time. The strategy guide has major chunks of info missing as it runs off the bottom of the page...on multiple pages. That is certainly not worth the extra $13. This was my first CE and I am very disappointed. Loved this series and this game did not live up to them, both technically and from a gaming perspective.

Hi, I'm seeing the same issue as you - Every time you set coordinates and refuel, it tells you that it needs to be done and you can't leave until you do it all over again, sometimes more than once. The only time it worked right was the first time. I've entered the coordinates many times and still no change. I added the stones and completed the puzzel, and the fuel indicates full, but the device cover is red... shouldn't the fuel device cover be green if the fuel indicates full within the puzzle? I would appreciate any help that you can give. Do I need to go back and try to get more stones for the fuel, mine are gone...

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 15, 10 7:42 AM
I opened 2 chests in the bonus chapter but the tower won't give me a puzzle. I know it doesn't end like this because some people have opened all 5 chests. What's the problem?

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jul 31, 10 1:03 AM
We are having the same problem as many others, reveal will not work so we cannot get to the water level. Can somebody please give us the coordinates and we can try inputting them to see if that can move us on?
Thanks all.

[Post New]by smoochy4me on Aug 7, 10 7:23 AM
I've gotten the 2nd key and reveal won't show me coordinates to the Water Collector. I've tried from all the other locations with no luck. Does anyone have the coordinates? Someone posted NNW 90, but that doesn't work. Help!!

[Post New]by elaine505 on Aug 18, 10 10:02 AM
I'm having problems getting enough to get the fuel gauge to maximum...I'm short 3 rows of stones...is there some sort of trick to this? I'm about at my wits end....please help.

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Aug 30, 10 5:25 AM
Am playing the game a second time and the blue stones won't stay in any of the four slots! (Music section) I've tried stamping all four stones, then trying them in just one slot - at least one of them should have fit - but it rejected them all. Then I tried just one stone at a time - in the first slot - rejected/remade - in the second slot - rejected/remade - etc ad infinitum. Look guys, if you're going to charge $20 for a special edition game, make sure the bugs are out first! I have no choice at this point but to quit the game and restart. THIS IS NOT FUN!! No more special editions for me, where there are bugs galore and only half a game to boot!

nkusz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by nkusz on Sep 12, 10 10:56 AM
Pathmtl wrote:Downloaded twice still get black screen, music only nothing else !!!! So disappointed have all the dream chronicle games. MAC user. Checked help & still get nothing this has never happened to me before with my MAC.

I, too, have downloaded repeatedly to my Mac, and get black "box" on white screen. Also downloaded newest versions of Shockwave, Flash, and QuickTime. Further, when I get the black box, computer freezes and I have to force a shutdown. Please, what is going on? I love the Dream Chronicles series.

[Post New]by pcarterwills on Sep 22, 10 5:42 PM
nkusz wrote:
Pathmtl wrote:Downloaded twice still get black screen, music only nothing else !!!! So disappointed have all the dream chronicle games. MAC user. Checked help & still get nothing this has never happened to me before with my MAC.

I, too, have downloaded repeatedly to my Mac, and get black "box" on white screen. Also downloaded newest versions of Shockwave, Flash, and QuickTime. Further, when I get the black box, computer freezes and I have to force a shutdown. Please, what is going on? I love the Dream Chronicles series.

I bought this game a few months back and have the same black box on white screen with music. I am still waiting for a fix and the more I read the forum the more concerned I get that when the fix does come through that the game itself will be riddled with bugs. Just wish it wasn't taking so long to get this problem resolved as I would love to have a chance to play the game!

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Oct 8, 10 10:43 PM
So, almost 4 months and still no fix for Macs?

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Nov 13, 10 12:32 PM
Still diligently checking this forum for a fix to be posted.
Now at five months and no fix in sight.

Go to: