soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 30, 10 5:41 AM
minipal wrote:I read the forums but don't usually post but I just had to say I LOVED this game!! The graphics are beautiful and the story line is a happy one I'm tired of the dark dreary stories, this game was a breath of fresh air. The animals were so cute and the adventure format was really fun! It also took me around 5 hours and I was sad when it ended. I hope there's a sequal to this!!

I soooo agree with you!!! This game 'IS' a breath of fresh air,and a definite buy! PLEASE BF more delightful, upbeat games,like this!!!!

Edited on 06/30/2010 at 5:43:29 AM PST

herchev68
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by herchev68 on Jun 30, 10 5:59 AM
WOW This is a GREAT game. I had to use the walk through a couple of times.

[Post New]by delilahsue on Jun 30, 10 8:43 AM
For the first time, I read some of these reviews/comments before trying the game. And most of the things, both positive and negative, I found to be true.

The graphics are pretty- but the intended blurriness did not appeal to me. I only played for about 15 minutes and decided that this particular game was just not for me. It was easy- but also frustrating at first because if there are words on the screen you have to click to get them off before you can do your desired task. By the courtyard I had had enough.

Kudos to all who enjoyed the game- I'm off to Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood.

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jun 30, 10 10:06 AM
Great game. Loved it. 5 of 5 stars!!!!!

carolpin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by carolpin on Jun 30, 10 6:17 PM
Don't let the small size fool you! Excellent long game (for me) in a small package. I must admit with this game I was grateful for the walkthrough. Would have been lost without it. Also loved the convenience of the map. Saved alot of "foot' travel. Highly recommend this game; if you like the mix of HOG and adventure. There is alot of back and forth.

[Post New]by midnightducky on Jun 30, 10 6:28 PM
Good story .....Good game. Small download, but seemed to have a nice play length.
Julie

JeannieO
Catfish
Catfish
1,663 Posts

[Post New]by JeannieO on Jul 1, 10 6:49 AM
This is one of those games that I did not expect a lot out of until I tried it a truly DELIGHTFUL game.

Heads Up Game Makers: I so wish more game makers that make IHOG and HOG'S and FROG'S would incorporate a map for moving back and forth, that is one of my biggest gripes with these games is navigation they should all take a leason from this game the map just made the game for me. MORE MORE MORE PLEASE!

Racking my brain and I can't think of one negative comment about this game.
I was so happy to get this one Thank You for offering it.

Happy Gaming Fishes!

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Jul 1, 10 11:02 PM
I was playing a few other games also, but I finally finished this. It was very good. I also found it to be challenging at times. I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. Overall, it was like a classic fairy-tale adventure game.

I also agree with the above post about the level map. It was absolutely indispensable in this game. I hope other hidden-object game developers take notice because it saved so much time.

Edited on 07/01/2010 at 11:06:52 PM PST

[Post New]by MYLOU1027 on Jul 2, 10 8:36 AM
ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE PLAYED.
LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE LIKE IT.

GAME ON FISHES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MYLOU

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jul 2, 10 2:05 PM
Fantastic game - one of the best! Make sure you remember to collect all gems - f in doubt when resolving puzzles, click on the 'help' button. Story not too bad, either!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jul 2, 10 4:45 PM
I like the game but for me, it's HARD! It reminds me of RTR due to the difficulty. I have had to use the walk-through way more than I wanted to which took a lot of fun out of playing the game. Otherwise, I like it a lot. The graphics are beautiful, etc., but had I known it would be so difficult for me to play, I doubt that I would have bought it. I haven't finished it, yet. I needed to get away from it for a bit.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Jul 2, 10 11:22 PM
Loved it! It was hard, but the walkthrough really helped.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 3, 10 7:06 AM
I liked this game. Graphics are nice, I usually never turn on the sound track but this one was lovely and refreshing. It is sometimes a little confusing and fragmented, so I did use the walkthrough once or twice (never thought I would find a dress in a church, or priests have turned on the gay side !) Objects are easy to find, even with my old eyes, the map is most convenient, storyline a little too fairytale may be. Still it's a nice game well worth the price. And on top of all I could play the entire game with no problems (The Inquisitor: access violation, Midnight Mysteries: the game froze and same thing with Kate Arrow). Don't regret my money

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Jul 3, 10 4:22 PM
delilahsue wrote:.... By the courtyard I had had enough...

Same here. I found the game more annoying than enjoyable. Oh well. At least I gave it a try.

[Post New]by Valentinos_Mom on Jul 3, 10 8:07 PM
I was kind of "on the fence" about buying this game, but after reading the great reviews I think I'll buy it. Thanks for the reminder that there is a map to jump to different areas...I was getting "lost" during the demo!!

I like the graphics and the more realistic sounds. It would, however, be nice to have a magnifying glass available for my older eyes because some scenes are dark and some of the pieces are hard to see.

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jul 4, 10 1:13 AM
I loved the game, graphic, story, music. It was at a good level and when I got stuck all the the hints and help was available. Are there anymore coming???? Thank you again

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 4, 10 6:39 AM
KC_Granny wrote:Loved it! It was hard, but the walkthrough really helped.

I wouldn't have made it through the game without the walkthrough.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Jul 4, 10 6:08 PM
I really enjoyed that game! At first it seemed rather simplistic or old-fashioned. I guess it was a bit But overall, the story was interesting and thoughtful. It stretched my imagination about how to use objects. That was fun! Blessings, and Happy 4th to all.

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jul 4, 10 10:56 PM
I really wanted to like this game, but all it did was make me impatient. In the first scene, you can't do anything until the game tells you to; granted that's a tutorial thing, but it got frustrating rather quickly. Then there was the fact that the objects you had to find made no sense. Okay, why would I need to find a shovel and four other things before I could pick up the shears that were sitting right there in front of me? And then I had to gather birds? Huh? In the next scene, a cane is floating up and down, clearly within arm's reach, and you're instructed to get it. Then you're told you can't reach it when you click on it. ::sigh:: The game is real good at giving you instructions, that's for sure. I would have liked to figure out for myself that the cane would eventually be important. Do this. Do that. It's not so much playing a game as being told what to do and then figuring out some illogical way of doing it. No thanks.

Even at that, I might have given it more than ten minutes if my hard drive hadn't sounded like a jumbo jet about to take off the entire time. I don't know what was taxing it so; it's not like there was much animation or particularly intense graphics, and I don't normally have that experience with the games here. Even if I find a game enjoyable, I won't keep it if I can't hear the music/sounds over the noise of my hard drive trying to attain escape velocity.

[Post New]by jrobbieb on Jul 5, 10 8:36 AM
Really enjoyed this game....not too easy and loved the challenges. Well worth a buy!

Go to: