Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Romancing the Seven Wonders: Great Pyramids

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jun 30, 10 5:02 PM
hydrogibbon wrote:OMG this game could have been just the type I like if I could see anything. It's blurry and the ****'s are so tiny you can lose points even if you find it because they're so small you can't click on them. I really think it's a shame the graphics are so bad because if not for that this would have been a buy for me.

My two cents say

so agree and why so fuzzy and blurry no one after the demo would even buy it ! would they ?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 30, 10 5:43 PM
It seems maybe we are expecting too much of BFG to put up a fantastic new hidden object game every couple days. And a new fantastic time management game every couple days as well.

If a game is hyped, or is a collector's edition, it seems fair to expect it to be pretty good. And if a game is part of a series, it makes sense to expect the quality of it to be in line with its predecessors.

Putting up a TGT lets us know there's a new game on the site, so we can try it if we want to. I don't think it's saying, "Look! Look! Look! this is a great game!".

Filler happens?

I'm just glad the forums have evolved into a place to compare notes with others.

(I do get nervous when I see hints of mob mentality though, and I may occasionally pull out my soapbox...)

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 1:16:43 AM PST

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jun 30, 10 6:18 PM
Have to agree with a lot of posts here-i won't be buying this one-didn't finish the hour demo-too frustrating with the dark screen. There were some things I liked, but not enough

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jun 30, 10 7:30 PM
After seeing in the walkthru that I got stuck because I wasn't following enough arrows (even though lots of my clicks on arrows had taken me repeatedly to the same locations I'd already been to), I went back and played the remaining 20 minutes of the demo and enjoyed it. IMO Being stuck is the quickest way to take the joy out of a game... and being able to progress in the game is the best relief oftentimes.

The hint button is the green symbol on the bottom right, and works for hidden object scenes.

At least I learned something. This is the second hidden object game this past week or so that I got stuck in for not clicking on arrows more. I need to get over my aversion to unintentionally seeing the same places I've already been to, or mis-clicking, and just keep clicking arrows till I'm unstuck.

Daxxx333
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Daxxx333 on Jun 30, 10 8:42 PM
Very disappointing indeed for all of the things already mentioned in these posts. I can't imagine what they were thinking with this one ???
I couldn't force myself to last for the entire trial time.

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Jun 30, 10 10:08 PM
This surely isn't a very good HOG. It strains the eyes to find most of the items, and the other thing that I don't like is having to go back and forth so much.

I think that the mini games were what I liked the most.

Don't think I'd buy even if it were $2.99

Happy 4th

nanny2x2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by nanny2x2 on Jun 30, 10 10:09 PM
This surely isn't a very good HOG. It strains the eyes to find most of the items, and the other thing that I don't like is having to go back and forth so much.

I think that the mini games were what I liked the most.

Don't think I'd buy even if it were $2.99

Happy 4th

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 30, 10 11:21 PM
I only played 8 minutes of the demo to realize it isn't for me. The objects were just too small and the graphics were too fuzzy to really see anything. Also, if you happened to click wrong three times, you were penalized 10 points. Not really my idea of fun. It was sort of frustrating to follow the arrows to know where to go as it didn't seem like the same arrow went to the same place every time. I'm sure this was just my imagination, though.

I think if the graphics had been clear enough to actually see the objects, it could have been a really good game. As it is, I'll have to pass.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Jul 1, 10 3:02 AM
Oh My Gosh!! I have been reading and laughing my **** off for the last 20 min.! I have to say that this was a truly great game!! And the stand-out feature was******* everyone's comments!!! You guys deserve the Big Fish Award for being so clever and direct in forums! You all were "right on the money" on this one, and whoever is responsible for its creation should be ashamed, and maybe dead! I love you guys and you made my day. Thank You!

[Post New]by Anne1001 on Jul 1, 10 3:26 AM
I bought the game. Wish I hadn't. Thank god for walkthroughs though I have had to refer to this one for just about every move. Objects are impossible to find, most of mine have been a surprise and have given up on the scarab hunt even with the walkthrough. Finding the next object is enough of a challenge!!!!
I think all of us who have bought this game should get a refund.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jul 1, 10 4:12 AM
ebec wrote:Oh My Gosh!! I have been reading and laughing my **** off for the last 20 min.! I have to say that this was a truly great game!! And the stand-out feature was******* everyone's comments!!! You guys deserve the Big Fish Award for being so clever and direct in forums! You all were "right on the money" on this one, and whoever is responsible for its creation should be ashamed, and maybe dead! I love you guys and you made my day. Thank You!

well this game surely sucks canal water but I ain't really sure the game developer should be dead! I say give them one more chance to redeem themselves before we execute! Whadda'ya say?
Dr.good

flounderer
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by flounderer on Jul 1, 10 5:29 AM
I have to agree.... A real poor game. Only played 15 minutes of the game and was just going round in circles. Definitely one of the worst games ever!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 1, 10 6:10 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
"Romancing"? On the present circumstances, I refuse even to a blind date...

What a very appropriate comment .

I am very much in agreement with you because of the:

Fuzzy graphics: even with a magnifying glass I had a hard time seeing some of the objects

A penalty of -10 for misclicks when I was trying to pick up a fishing hook ... who cares what the score is at the end ... not me, I've had enough.

If I could have seen what I was searching for I would have bought it because I liked the concept of it but, as it is at the moment, No sale.

C

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Jul 1, 10 6:24 AM
Basic boring HOG....Move on! I do not dislike hidden object games completely, but it would be nice if the developers could have a bit more imagination and give us more hidden objects where we have to put the pieces together, or find objects that do something for another object. This game was so completely boring!

JoHutton
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by JoHutton on Jul 1, 10 7:28 AM
Game has no flow. Could not get into it and was totally confused by all the arrows taking you hither and yon! Some objects were almost impossible to find and I couldn't find the hint button. Uninstalled after less than 30 minutes of play. Sorry but I couldn't find any redeeming features. Thumbs down from me.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 1, 10 8:51 AM
Reviews appear overwhelmingly negative.

Thanks reviewers... I won't bother unless I read "We were all wrong! It's great!"

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 1, 10 10:11 AM
Lasted 2 minutes - awful.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Jul 1, 10 11:23 AM
It had an intriging name........that was all that I can say positive about it! It is confusing, too dark, very hard to see the objects, had to use the hint every scene.... Definitely a HUGE miss for me!

[Post New]by MsKittye on Jul 1, 10 2:46 PM
Good game. Very challenging, could use a little direction on where to go next when you finish a puzzle, but all the items you need for your inventory are given to you when you finish the puzzles. But I liked it because it was challenging.

[Post New]by carol70 on Jul 1, 10 3:54 PM
bad,bad and bad.

Go to: