just_Jim
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by just_Jim on Jul 24, 10 7:55 AM
Hey everyone...

Had the "flashing" on my Vista laptop even with a reinstall. All drivers updated and I tried "XP Compatability". No go.

Just tried dropping screen resolution from 1280x800 to 1280x768 and it worked.

Got to the first room... exited and restarted the game and it did!

I'll play a bit more (it's late/early here) and see if it still hangs up.

It's my 50th BF game (woot!) and the first to be unplayable so I empathize with everyone on this thread. It's looks like multiple bugs in this one so I just hope this works for some of you.

Good luck all (and hoping I still don't need a refund),
Jim.

ETA: Well.. it's later and all is not good.

I get 4-5 minutes (ususally) before it slows to a crawl. And this is with my laptop on "High Performance". It's more than capable as it speeds along at first. So... buggy.

I'll wait for another update to the game, if it comes. Still and all, playing with the screen resolution DOES help some cases. I hope it helps for some of you.

Edited on 07/24/2010 at 5:47:00 PM PST

[Post New]by athenatree on Jul 24, 10 6:51 PM
I can't get past the 2nd Paul Revere section. I can't pickup the "Apollo" piece out of the crate. I have completed everything in the chapter according to the hint and dear Paul. I get a hand pointer but when I click I get a "thunk" like I selected an wrong item. I have rebooted but still the same problem. I have never had such a problem with a BF game before this.

I know several other people have had problems with this item from other posts in a different area of this forum. I am going to uninstall/reinstall this game and see if this makes a difference.

***UPDATE***
Didn't work. I guess I will try another player and start all over again. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Edited on 07/24/2010 at 7:02:38 PM PST

[Post New]by llbyerley on Jul 25, 10 6:41 AM
I have a brand new Windows 7 computer fully updated. I removed the game because I never knew when it was going to crash. Totally disgusted with the game. Not worth the money,

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Jul 27, 10 10:25 AM
I'm completely at my wit's end with this game. I wrote to Customer Support last week and sent them the Dr. Felix file as requested, and even sent a follow-up note to make sure they got it, but no response whatsoever. I've also sent another letter letting them know that in three years, this is the least attention I've received when writing them about a problem. I also wrote to Skunk Studios who asked me for a different set of info. They were more prompt in getting back to me than BF,

I'm a huge fan of BF and I think their customer service ROCKS, but when I receive poor service from them, which has NEVER happened before, I felt I should let them know about it. In addition, I sent a note to Picman with a copy of the correspondence to date. i realize that may be a little bit of overkill, but I'm frustrated at the seeming brush off that I'm getting.

I hope no one is upset with me and I'm not normally a complainer, but in this case I felt enough was enough.

Edited on 07/27/2010 at 10:26:52 AM PST

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jul 27, 10 12:28 PM
As this game has been out for some time now, I was keeping my fingers crossed that at least some of the problems that have been cited would have been resolved...remember....these technical issues have been ongoing since the Collectors Edition
Alas....there is still no sign of life from the Developers & not even a hint as to how long we're all going to have to wait for something to be done!
I started this game & it played a little slowly but well enough for me to buy it....then things went from bad to worse....as in.... curser barely moves, there are "sparkles" all over the place, & the mini games are impossible to play
Has anybody out there heard if there's going to be an update available any time soon or are we just going to be left hanging in the wind?

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Jul 27, 10 6:19 PM
Tribrach - I wish SOMETHING would be done. It takes a lot to make me angry, but I'm angry now! Not getting a response pisses me off about as badly as anything.

[Post New]by edostal on Jul 27, 10 10:55 PM
That happened to me as well at the same point. I started a new profile and kept playing, but now I can't click the telegraph to finish the Lincoln section.

athenatree wrote:I can't get past the 2nd Paul Revere section. I can't pickup the "Apollo" piece out of the crate. I have completed everything in the chapter according to the hint and dear Paul. I get a hand pointer but when I click I get a "thunk" like I selected an wrong item. I have rebooted but still the same problem. I have never had such a problem with a BF game before this.

I know several other people have had problems with this item from other posts in a different area of this forum. I am going to uninstall/reinstall this game and see if this makes a difference.

***UPDATE***
Didn't work. I guess I will try another player and start all over again. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Mertie1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Mertie1 on Jul 28, 10 8:12 PM
I just started playing tonight and the game keeps crashing on me. I'm trying to fix the elevator. Just won't let me do it. I've never had a problem with any game yet...so not sure what to do. Running windows 7...brand new compter lol.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jul 29, 10 11:02 AM
pdebusk wrote:I'm completely at my wit's end with this game. I wrote to Customer Support last week and sent them the Dr. Felix file as requested, and even sent a follow-up note to make sure they got it, but no response whatsoever. I've also sent another letter letting them know that in three years, this is the least attention I've received when writing them about a problem. I also wrote to Skunk Studios who asked me for a different set of info. They were more prompt in getting back to me than BF,

I'm a huge fan of BF and I think their customer service ROCKS, but when I receive poor service from them, which has NEVER happened before, I felt I should let them know about it. In addition, I sent a note to Picman with a copy of the correspondence to date. i realize that may be a little bit of overkill, but I'm frustrated at the seeming brush off that I'm getting.

I hope no one is upset with me and I'm not normally a complainer, but in this case I felt enough was enough.

No anger towards you at all pdebusk. I think we are all more than a bit upset with the developers for ignoring to date 92 and counting complaints. I too wrote them a letter ( just sent it ) and feel that if everyone would do the same we might get something done about this. As for BF it's probably time guy's to let Skunk Studio's know that if they don't do something about this then their games are off BFG list. After all they obviously know that you have one of the largest list in the world and I think they're taking advantage of us all. JMHO

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Jul 30, 10 2:22 AM
athenatree: I'm also having the same problem: I'm unable to get the Apollo piece from the sparkling crate. Last night I could see inside the crate, and even got a close-up of the Apollo piece, using the magnifying glass. The cursor turned into a hand, but wouldn't let me pick it up. So I gave up and went to bed; today I went back to it. Now I can no longer see the Apollo piece, but Paul says it's there. Cursor is still a hand when I get near the crate, which is still sparkling, but it does nothing. I am about to delete the game, but I really did want to play it; I loved the first FFS. Thought about uninstalling and redownloading and starting over with a different name, but evidently that isn't helping anybody who tries it.

What to do......what to do?

[Post New]by RB_Red on Jul 30, 10 1:58 PM
Pokat wrote:Very early in the game when I use the flux key to open the cabinet and get the book, the book appears but I cannot take it and the key disappears. Since i can't take the book it won't let me access any other areas.

I am having the same problem! Have you found a solution yet?

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 1, 10 2:07 AM
I'm with you Moonweaver....BUT "what to do"!!! it's not up to us to do anything, it's down to the "Developers" if that's what you can call them, although judging by their lack of response to all our complaints, that definition of them is debatable!
It's totaly unacceptable that they haven't come up with a "fix" by now....or maybe they're working on the next "moneyspinner"?
Come on guys, this is no way to treat your customers
all the way for this game because I've tried everything possible to solve the inumerable "glitches" on my own without success....but then I'm not a developer!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 13, 10 10:36 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we haven't given up. We're still looking into the issues with this game and will post any updates as they come. Thank you so much for your patience during this time.

If you are receiving the Hardware Acceleration message, please be sure to check that this option has been turned on. It can be found by right-clicking on your desktop, choosing "Properties" then "Settings" and then "Advanced".

If you're still having troubles, you can always write into Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right with any additional information you feel may be helpful.

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 14, 10 5:57 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we haven't given up. We're still looking into the issues with this game and will post any updates as they come. Thank you so much for your patience during this time.

If you are receiving the Hardware Acceleration message, please be sure to check that this option has been turned on. It can be found by right-clicking on your desktop, choosing "Properties" then "Settings" and then "Advanced".

If you're still having troubles, you can always write into Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right with any additional information you feel may be helpful.

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

Thank you for posting this message. I really thought there would never be a fix. There's still so many of us wanting to purchase and/or play so thank you - thank you - thank you

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Aug 14, 10 10:20 AM
I'm with honeyg,
Thank goodness that somebody has finaly noticed that there are an awful lot of us out here in the B.F. gaming community that have been waiting a long time for this game to be "fixed".
I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed that there'll be a happy outcome.
A BIG THANK YOU from me too.

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Aug 14, 10 11:58 AM
Add my name to the list of those sending a "thank you" for the response! I really want to play this game, so I'm anxiously awaiting the "fix."

Thanks for listening!

[Post New]by 4thGirl on Aug 17, 10 5:17 PM
. Played it for an hour or so and got progressively worse 'jerky cursor'It will not let me use the wrench or hammer.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Installation problems solved

[Post New]by KitSeason on Aug 20, 10 9:21 PM
I had problems even installing this to begin with. I had an error message that I couldn't put it in the installation folder. I decided to see if I could install it in a different folder and that seemed to work. I have Windows 7 with two Program File folders. One is just Program Files and the other is Program Files (x86). The default folder for BFG was the (x86) folder, but for this game not only did it install , but also seems to work better in the other program folder.

I don't know if this will help with anyone else's problems, but it might be worth a try.

KitSeason
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Installation problems solved

[Post New]by KitSeason on Aug 20, 10 9:21 PM
I had problems even installing this to begin with. I had an error message that I couldn't put it in the installation folder. I decided to see if I could install it in a different folder and that seemed to work. I have Windows 7 with two Program File folders. One is just Program Files and the other is Program Files (x86). The default folder for BFG was the (x86) folder, but for this game not only did it install , but also seems to work better in the other program folder.

I don't know if this will help with anyone else's problems, but it might be worth a try.

[Post New]by bananas4ryanna on Sep 23, 10 12:37 PM
I have tried all the Mac fixes and reinstalled multiple times, but can't play this game! I was able to play the demo version, but once I purchased and installed, all I can do is hear the sound - no graphics at all. If I let it keep running my Mac eventually says the game is "not responding". Help please!!!

Go to: