sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by sheepgirl on Jul 6, 10 3:01 PM
carolinacat wrote:This one's not for me. It's childish and the graphics are childish. Large graphics, childish music...

I also installed the OpenAL knowing it was just to update software for gaming, so that's OK.

Many will like this game, but it's not for me.

Agreed - rather childish. Purile.

monster2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by monster2 on Jul 6, 10 3:47 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. I definitely didn't think it was too easy, and I've played hundreds of games. It took me several hours and it was a lot of fun. Sorry that some of you didn't like it.

[Post New]by Betty_hines on Jul 6, 10 3:54 PM
This is the 1st time I have encountered having to down load some other document to play this game and this agreement saying I was risking playing it. Not Like BF to have something like this. Been waiting all day to play this and now I can't.
Betty

[Post New]by heavensent2 on Jul 6, 10 4:02 PM
I like the game a lot but im stuck need help.

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 4:03:14 PM PST

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 6, 10 4:54 PM
Click, click, click. Some items hid in the dark and very very small. Not a bad game, but sometimes a challenge to "figure" out what you have to do to make the next chapter. I really, really did not like the end with the dragon click thing, felt like I was playing an old Atari game. Just silly. I'm glad I got this on the 4th of July sale and did not pay full price. Game-On

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 6, 10 7:25 PM
heavensent2 wrote:I like the game a lot but im stuck need help.

Anytime you're stuck it can help to check the Blog Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it will usually help.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Jul 6, 10 10:08 PM
I probably won't be buying this game (I prefer darker, more advanced games) but I did want to offer two compliments/observances.

1). Out of the 100 or so HOG games I have played, most of them simply have public domain images that are snagged elsewhere for the **** scenes. However, kudos to the creators of this game. They made ALL of the items from scratch it appears. Unfortunately this gives the game a hokey childish feel to the game (which is not to my taste) but I do commend them for going that extra step.

I have seen no repeat of the **** scenes either which is always a tremendous bonus. It's a total bore and rip off to go back again and again to the same scene.

2). The dialogue and the twists were cracking me up which has never happened to me. Even games meant to be funny never even made me crack a smile but this one is a hoot.

Like another poster said, I too thought 'Oh good grief. Not ANOTHER cutsie little princess fairytale game.' But the twist to completely trash the perfect kingdom into a modern day ghetto was hilarious and then have it all be the player's fault.

I might go ahead and buy it if I'm bored but it isn't looking that way. However, I did want to give my respects to the developers on this one. I can see they really put some effort into it instead of just slapping stuff together to make a buck like so many others do.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 6, 10 10:10 PM
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it didn't end with chapter 10 like I thought it was going to. I can't believe it has 26 chapters - a good amount of playing time. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and disagree with the majority that say it's juvenile and boring. I'm flexible and enjoy a game like this that doesn't over-tax my old brain! I can't comment on the music because I always turn the music all the way down. I had to use hints but didn't have to use the walkthrough although it was good to know it was there if I needed it. Another fun game IMO.

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 6, 10 11:54 PM
After getting over my reservations for the installer and downloading the trial not the game for me.
The graphics are clear and the objects are easy to tricky to find..some of the puzzles do make u think yet it is more a young game.
No eye strain
The Princess and Prince sort of put it into a bracket for 8 to 14 yr olds.
They makers tried to make it funny yet, it fails completely on that score even as sarcasm it falls short.
Music must have been non event ( or non intrusive) as I can not recall what it even sounded like..lol

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jul 7, 10 5:29 AM
when a game asks some software to be able to work ,i accept;so for differents levels of directx(,some old games needing to have lowers'one that 9.0c);so i do with this game ,i played it all along without any technical issues(and my PC is 6 years old!)
it is a very pleasant game,long enough,very refreshing (oh,my!the prince made me laugh!too beautiful to be real!and" macho"!)i don't regret my money
if i could put stars,it would have 3 1/2!

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 5:29:51 AM PST

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on Jul 7, 10 5:44 AM
this game i would love to play demo it twice the curioser all over the place dont know why been in touch with cutomer support hope they can help also the new flux family wont play see if they help me besstan

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Jul 7, 10 7:51 AM
I didn't like the clay-like graphics style. Because all the items looked like they were made out of play-doh, it made it hard to tell the difference between, say, a lemon and a piece of bread. All the textures were the same, so you just had to click on everything vaguely the right colour.

Gave up after 10 minutes of demo. Didn't really enjoy it.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Jul 7, 10 7:33 PM
Having read through the myriad of comments, I agree with most of them, including the ones about problems with the silly story, the child-like graphics, the sticking cursor, and getting stuck at the bar scene and having to reboot. That being said, I bought and finished the game last night and the first thing I said when I completed it was, "THAT was fun!"

In general, I prefer the IHOGs that make you think and which tax your brain, such as Ravenhearst, Dire Grove, Dream Chronicles. But every so often, entertainment is the only thing I'm looking for, and this game was fun, not too hard but not too easy, and kept my interest throughout the game. Not a brain twister, but an entertaining game just the same.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 8, 10 8:26 AM
I really love this game. I did download the OpenAl and have not had any problems. The graphics are neat. Now that I have the new version, I will remove OpenAl if I can. Thanks for taking care of this!! PS: The game runs much better with the new version, less jerky.

Edited on 07/08/2010 at 8:27:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Nanakt on Jul 8, 10 11:17 AM
I am enjoying the game too, but I am still stuck at the Cinema with the darn flashing letters - I downloaded the "fix" but the skip doesn't work after much effort, and I am just not smart enough to figure this one out. If anyone can help me, I will be greatly appreciative.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 8, 10 1:58 PM
At first, I thought this was going to be a child like story when it started with the princess and the prince. Thand goodness, after playing the game, it became somewhat interesting. Graphics ok, music well, kinda spooky, and game play fairly easy. Don't think I will purchase this one but I'm sure lots of fishies will enjoy this.

TO: Nanakt, I ended the demo at the cinema and wish I could help but didn't complete the lights either.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 8, 10 6:58 PM
Nanakt wrote:I am enjoying the game too, but I am still stuck at the Cinema with the darn flashing letters - I downloaded the "fix" but the skip doesn't work after much effort, and I am just not smart enough to figure this one out. If anyone can help me, I will be greatly appreciative.

Take a look at the existing forum topic called Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck . That's where we've been posting individual solutions for that puzzle.

Robin

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jul 8, 10 9:46 PM
Just finished playing this game and really enjoyed it. Took me 2 day's to finish the game and I thought the length was great, graphics were pretty, storyline was consistent and it's a great break from the dark games. It's something many adults would love and also appreciate that it can be played with children, though I don't think young children would be able to find all the objects alone. Every now and then I got stuck when an object would be asked for with a name I'd never heard of. Hint button to the rescue Overall I would give it a big and would definitely recommend it. Great replay value...

[Post New]by Rayn4meluv on Jul 8, 10 9:58 PM
FYI----
Just want to let everyone know that the pool hall scene was difficult for me!!!! I don't know if anyone else had trouble figuring out what to do next but I know I did....my tip is once you combine the 3 balls....and flip the switch....try the row of bottles!!!!!

[Post New]by brdwoman on Jul 9, 10 4:58 PM
I am stuck at the swich, I flipped it and I see x's and o;s on a pool table. Now what and what row of bottles?

I got it the bottles!!!

Edited on 07/09/2010 at 5:09:06 PM PST

Go to: