MCF:5 - Rose Ravenhearst

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

Re:MCF:5 - Rose Ravenhearst

[Post New]by soymocha on Nov 2, 08 12:48 AM
gringojoy

These are things we will not find out until the release of RTR at the end of the month

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Nov 2, 08 1:02 AM
Thank you very much soy. Time to say nighty night to all. Hugs & happy dreams everyone.
Joy

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Nov 2, 08 1:17 AM
You know fellow fishes, we learned picman was a night owl, it seems our dear Rose is as well - seeing as she doesn't sleep and all.

More bait for the Detective Agency as we prepare for our return trip to Ravenhearst.

Did you notice in Rose's album, our journal is quite well worn and we're only halfway through it - looks like many more mysteries to come - unless Charles catches up with us -

mysteryne1
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by mysteryne1 on Nov 2, 08 2:18 AM
Since I am from the "Stone Age" I think I joined Facebook right and asked for Rose to be my friend! Now how do we get to see sneak peeks?? (Us Grannies aren't good with all these new-fangled inventions!)

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 2, 08 4:19 AM
mysteryne1 wrote:Since I am from the "Stone Age" I think I joined Facebook right and asked for Rose to be my friend! Now how do we get to see sneak peeks?? (Us Grannies aren't good with all these new-fangled inventions!)

You just have to wait for Rose to accept the friend request and then you can view her profile where the pictures are. Problem is it's after 4:00am here in Seattle where Big Fish, and likely picman, who's channeling Rose , is sleepin'. But you'll be added soon I'm sure.

rvalot
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,855 Posts

[Post New]by rvalot on Nov 2, 08 4:44 AM
Poodlebear wrote: ... it's after 4:00am here in Seattle where Big Fish, and likely picman, who's channeling Rose , is sleepin'...

Picman never sleeps! He cares about us too much.

He has one of those hats with cup holders, so he can sit at the computer and drink coffee 24/7. Every few hours a staff member holds a club sandwich up for him so he won't starve.

He's probably watching you right now, so wave at him!

[Post New]by Cre8tivemom2002 on Nov 2, 08 4:55 AM
OK, so looking at the diary page I noticed a couple of things (could mean nothing but what the heck):

It mentions a "century's old" mystery of Ravenhearst manor, so we can add 100 years to when Emma died to get the timeline for Madame Fate.

It says Charles spirit "extracted a flurry of suffering on the innocent denizens of Fate's Carnival"- So Madame Fate did not kill all the characters, Charles did.

The bookmark in both diary pages is a heart shaped pendant on a purple ribbon... Could that be the item Emma's statue is holding/looking at?

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Nov 2, 08 7:32 AM
rvalot wrote:
Poodlebear wrote: ... it's after 4:00am here in Seattle where Big Fish, and likely picman, who's channeling Rose , is sleepin'...

Picman never sleeps! He cares about us too much.

He has one of those hats with cup holders, so he can sit at the computer and drink coffee 24/7. Every few hours a staff member holds a club sandwich up for him so he won't starve.

He's probably watching you right now, so wave at him!

LMFO, Rvalot.
~waving to Picman~

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 2, 08 7:40 AM
Ok- what do we know so far?

The Latin Phrase is:
The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived
He who endures, conquers

The circled heart equals 76 (I think there's more to this..)

Rose refers to Charles Dalimar as "My Charles" and "he was not who he seemed to be"

Rose is trapped and needs to be released. (Why is she trapped? Was she helping Charles?)

She is looking for her children. (The twins?)

Using the surname Ravenhearst to honor Emma (Guilt?)

Her birthdate is Feb. 13th, 1875

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Nov 2, 08 7:49 AM
RoseRavenhearst wrote:I do not sleep.

I do not breath.

Please...

Please release me.

My Charles was not who he had seemed to be.

Rose

Yeah, dead will interfere with the whole sleeping/breathing thing.

We got Emma out ~ we'll get you out, too. You can count on us here at the MCF Detective Agency. We got Dashiell Hammet, Sam Spade, V.I. Warshawski, Kinsey Millhone, and Hercule Poirot and all of us on the case. An incredible combination of intelligence, skill and luck. We're sure to succeed!

We know Charles seemed to be an attentive, charming kind of guy. Then he morphed into this possesive, crazed monster.
So is the question one of Rose's inability to see him truly? Or have we confused who/what/which is the 'true' Charles?

And why is he hers?
I guess I could kinda see her being his mother ~ although in the drawings she looked way too young to be a mother of a grown man.
What other ways could somebody be 'yours'. We know they weren't married. Siblings maybe?

Pucktweety
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by Pucktweety on Nov 2, 08 7:49 AM
To facebook I march!

If i am allowed to post this message anytime soon. I have waited some time, and yes I am trying again!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 2, 08 7:54 AM
Catrin72 wrote:
prpldva wrote:

Her birthdate is Feb. 13th, 1875

How do we know the year?

Picman posted it- he said that facebook would not allow the actual year

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Nov 2, 08 8:17 AM
Snugs76 wrote:maybe this Rose Ravenhearst isn't the Rose that was Emma's matron? But then again her occupation is Matron but that could be a daughter or something maybe... brain working over time here LOL

Yes, Snugs! Let's remember that the Rose who was Emma's nurse was Rose Somerset. Charles last name was Dalinar, not Ravenhearst. So we could be looking at a different Rose here! Just how she's connected to Emma & company...we shall see!

Edited on 11/02/2008 at 8:26:24 AM PST

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Nov 2, 08 8:35 AM
BTW - I can hardly wait to hear someone squawk about "duplicate threads" on this subject...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 2, 08 8:36 AM
eleanor1183 wrote:BTW - I can hardly wait to hear someone squawk about "duplicate threads" on this subject...

Well...since Picman started this one....

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Nov 2, 08 8:39 AM
eleanor1183 wrote:BTW - I can hardly wait to hear someone squawk about "duplicate threads" on this subject...

Ok, since I am a PARROTfish

squawk.....duplicate threads
squawk.....duplicate threads

parrot wants a crackers

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Nov 2, 08 8:47 AM
The furnace in the "basement?" room has no fire in it and the puddle on the floor is not just surface water, looks like someone was digging there, note how part of the doll seems to be submerged. Again, just thinking out loud.

Pebblez
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,205 Posts

[Post New]by Pebblez on Nov 2, 08 8:50 AM
I studied the pictures until my eyes went blurry, unfortunately brain cells are blurry too.

It does seem to be a deepish puddle of water

Snugs76
Marlin
Marlin
9,854 Posts

[Post New]by Snugs76 on Nov 2, 08 9:23 AM
in the basement screen shot it looks like perhaps someone was being kept shackled there. I don't know

now we all know Charles was a great guy before he went all psycho on Emma. Since he had a lot of books on the occult could he have been possessed?

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by LeneHansen on Nov 2, 08 9:50 AM
So much fun looking at the pictures on FB. Is it 26/11 soon?????

Go to: