nocturnadawn
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air

[Post New]by nocturnadawn on Jul 12, 10 8:53 PM
Just finished after a whole...let me think...hour and a half!! And I took my time! I love this series, but this game was lousy. There were a handful of places to visit, and it seemed that they got easier as you went. The puzzles were so easy a young child could do them. The gameplay was repetetive. And so short! I expected it to at least be as long as long as the others, but no...it was way shorter. Fewer scenes to explore and most of them graphically boring. The story line was never really explained and there was no ending. I get leaving something open for a sequel, but this was just plain terrible! Don't waste your money on this one. Read the walkthrough to see how the story goes, though I could sum it up in a sentence or two.
On a good note, the voices were ok. The grandfathers notes got a bit annoying after a while though, so I stopped reading them. And then there was the....wait...no. That was it.

[Post New]by azalleea on Jul 14, 10 1:28 AM
I have a problem with the game when i try to find Treehouse Village on the map with reveal power dosen't work, i don't know what to do. i've resolved everything in the game, all puzzles. Please i need some help

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Jul 14, 10 12:20 PM
same as everyone else think too short, was really looking forward to this one, so glad did not fork out the 20 bucks for the delux, havent worked out the exchage rate, but in pounds it must be loads, if they are milking us for money and less game each time, they have come unstuck, wont be playing dream chronicles again, unless the reviews say its value for money.

agree grafics great, girls voice really anoying, english or us voice, not one trying to be another and then end is too abruped, but was expecting it when game turned out to be so short.

[Post New]by pietden on Jul 14, 10 2:55 PM
I am glad that I didnt buy the collectors edition , but i still wasted $6.99 on this game. It is boring , annoying voice, miles too short and a very abrupt ending.
What a waste of money !!!!!!!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jul 15, 10 6:21 AM
well i must admit, when i demo'd the CE version, i felt quite disappionted, and thought i probably wouldn't bother with this, as i loved the first 3, and this just didnt have the same "feel". well i decided to give it another go when the SE came out and got sucked in enough to buy. i think as i only got to the clock tower in demo, i wasnt able to really get into game. i must say i did enjoy it, yes it was too short, and the areas/locations where quite small and relatively easy, as everything was pretty much laid out for you, and not really any looking around to be had, i did play in the challenge mode, and i am glad i did, as i think i would have been a bit to easy in the casual mode.
i'm not sure how long it took ( iplayed over a couple days), i wasnt really timing it to be honest, but i would say less than 3hrs?
other than that, it does still have wonderful graphics, and interesing/fun mini games. i got quite addicted to the "fueling up" of the airship..and mastered that by the end
i am hoping this is just a "small" taste of the extra time play we will find in the 2nd installment...

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jul 17, 10 5:13 AM
"The Book of Air" is a huge disapointment. I couldn't believe it when the game ended and that was all there was to it. I have loved the other "Dream Chronicles" and was excited to get the latest version. Also, the walkthrough said that there was a bonus game. Where was that? The graphics were great as always and that is the only good thing I have to say about this version.
I enjoy Big Fish. They have the best games and the yearly subscription rate gives the best value for the money of any game site that I have found. I know that this game is not the fault of Big Fish but, I think they that they should let the producers of this game know how disappointing it was for their subscribers

[Post New]by cgrcowboy on Jul 17, 10 6:47 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I liked this game. It doesn't have as much storyline as some, but it's not that bad. I thought it was quite clever, and I enjoyed it, so I give it 4 stars out of 5. But then, I found Syberia impossible to play without constantly reading the walkthrough, so maybe I'm just on a lower level than the players who didn't like this game. It's nice to have one you can play without straining your brain for hours.

[Post New]by a4greymom on Jul 17, 10 8:50 PM
this game is way too short. the graphics beautiful, the general game play good, but not worth the money. I finished in a little over 2 hrs. Very disappointed. Wait for the 2.99 game offer on this one. Maybe no more of this brand game.....

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Jul 17, 10 10:47 PM
So disappointed just like everyone else. Waited a long time for it to come out, the changes that were made were NOT for the better!

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jul 18, 10 7:23 AM
I have a question - with so many negative comments on this game, why is it listed as one of the top Hidden Object games on the front page? Just wondering how they compile that list!! Anybody else curious?

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Jul 19, 10 3:32 PM
I concur with players who were disappointed for many of the same reasons. Stupidly, I bought the CE version based on past DC's without demo-ing it and feel more than a little chumped.

A weak story, but nice voice characterizations and artwork, however the inane tasks and repetition of the overly simple course setting and fuel stoking were beyond tedious. Not a single scene was memorable in any way, except perhaps for the short length.

I don't mind a short game now and again if it's good, but DC-TBOA was lame-o in every way. It seemed as if the developers couldn't make up their mind if it was a HOG or an Adventure game and came up short on both counts.

Even the strategy guide was lame, as if it was needed it, but still! And the bonus content? The five "puzzles" weren't worth all the to-ing and fro-ing. Puhleeze.

Not a happy Fishie

@Kalalika: I think the rating system is based on number of downloads, not favorable forum posts.

Edited on 07/19/2010 at 3:34:36 PM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jul 19, 10 7:48 PM
I liked the game I know I am in the minority here but I thought it was interesting. Ok for the worst part was the annoying voice!! Glad I read the reviews here and did the demo before I made up my mind & bought. I got 1/2 thru the 3rd (tree house) chapter in my one hour demo and if the first 2 took longer than the last 3 whew it is gonna be a short game. Would consider it for a DD but no buy due to length only. (has anyone noticed the the DD's lately are mostly time management?)

Hey I was a lobster now I am a guppy?? How does that work?

[Post New]by ptownkey on Jul 20, 10 4:49 PM
Wow! I am stunned... I simply cannot believe this game ended as quickly as it did!. I love the Dream Chronicle Saga, but this game was over way too soon. The end does leave the door open for another chapter, but more could have been done with this game to make it a little longer. I hope the game developers read this and make the next chapter a little longer. Still, a very enjoyable game! Great graphics, great music, and I could figure out all the puzzles!!

[Post New]by 4leggedfriend on Jul 20, 10 4:58 PM
This game is not worth the money. The puzzles were pretty basic even in the challenge mode. This is the only game I purchased so far that I can say keep your money in your wallet.

HUGE dissapointment

[Post New]by usmcmomsemperfi on Jul 21, 10 6:12 AM
I didnt even bother with playing the demo as the others in Dream Chronicals have been very good. I am however extremely dissapointed in this one. It is way too short...I totally wasted my monthly credit on this one. I think they should give you more punches on your card towards the free game on this purchase. Sorry Big Fish....you totally blew it with this one I think.

[Post New]by bugsbuni760 on Jul 21, 10 9:26 AM
I agree with everyone this game was a waste of time , and a disappointment. I hope that the next one is better.

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Jul 23, 10 6:10 AM
I guess I must be the odd girl out! I have purchased all the DC games and have enjoyed each one. I personally was glad to have the tunnels gone in this one. These DC games are so relaxing and in a fairy tale setting. The game was a little short, but really, what can you buy these days for $6.99 that that gives you a few hours of enjoyment?? Have anyone been to the show lately? Now that is a ripe off!

[Post New]by howiesredhead on Jul 25, 10 11:48 AM
I was excited to see this game when it was released because I really enjoyed the other Dream Chronicles games. Unfortunately, it is very short and very easy. Not nearly enough game to be worth the $6.99.

Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air - $6.99 Wasted

[Post New]by tridan101 on Jul 25, 10 8:50 PM
I've been buying from Big Fish Games for a while, and even though I've experienced some really bad games, I think this is the worst. I kept saying, "When are they coming out with a new Dream Chronicles?" That went to, "Wow! $19.99 is a lot, I'll just wait for the $6.99 version." Now I'm saying, "Really? That's all ya got?"
Buyer Beware: If you play the 60 minute demo, you're probably going to be more than halfway through the game.

I've never written a post before, but hopefully people will check out the comments and reviews for this game BEFORE they make a purchase.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Jul 26, 10 10:19 PM
As always, it's so helpful to check out the forum and see what everyone thinks-it's so surprising that this series has produced such a short game. One of the things I enjoyed about the previous Dream Chronicles games was that they are nice and long. Hmmmmmm.

Go to: