Re:Time Dreamer - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Melly_J on Jul 19, 10 5:40 AM
I played the demo and loved it, very interesting. I got caught up in the story line. I bought it without looking at the reviews, something that I would never normally do. My mistake. At the end of the demo I was almost finished chapter 6. Once I bought the game it took me only about 20 minutes to finish. Not worth the $6.99. The game was much too short and finished to easily!! Rarely ever needed hints.

VelvetRose55
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by VelvetRose55 on Jul 20, 10 3:20 PM
I guess the ending was supposed to be funny but it made me sad. I won't give it away but I think most geniuses, even evil ones don't have that much of an employment gap.

You will see what I mean when you get to the end.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Jul 22, 10 6:25 PM
i got the game with one of my credits & it will not load ,any suggestions? i've already done uninstall ,re install thing & same results

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 23, 10 1:18 AM
Hi fishies. MSDAWN01 - you need to contact customer support for any technical issues. They will go out of their way to correct the problem and make you happy if they can't. Doesn't appear too many other people have had this problem, so it may be a simple fix or update needed on your computer, and they will guide you through it.

Just finished this game. Pooh on all of you that said it was too short. Took me a good long time to finish it, and here I was, all prepared for it to be over in a couple of hours. Pleasantly surprised on that aspect.

And totally surprised at what an intriguing game this was! Of course, I'm enamored with the owl, can't get over Giovanni's weird crotch, got sucked into doing all the things I thought were wrong even though the diary told me to, absolutely loved the twist of "time traveling" which I have only seen in one other game, thought the graphics were sharp and not your usual fare, HOG's may have been difficult, but you just needed to take your time (as I refuse to use hints unless I am totally stuck), and thought the story line and wry sense of humor throughout were so unique compared to all the games I've played!!!

Highly recommended - and don't let anyone tell you it was a 2 to 3 hour game. It was great fun, and hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Happy gaming,
cg

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jul 23, 10 11:33 AM
I agree; it was not a short game! I always wonder about those who claim to finish a game in two hours when it takes me four to six. I tend to get impatient during the hidden object scenes and use a lot of hints and I'm a very fast reader and click quickly through dialogue, so I don't exactly dawdle through games. This one was a good length and very satisfying. The ending was a little more "vengeful" than I'm normally comfortable with, but it did give me a chuckle. And I agree with those who said it was frustrating to have to do what you were told even though you knew something was - ahem - fishy, but we all knew it work out all right in the end, didn't we?

stilldixon
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by stilldixon on Jul 23, 10 9:33 PM
One, I don't consider HOG's adventure games. Two, I have downloaded the trial version 5 times on two different computers and never got it to load. Granted, I did not wait 15 minutes for it, but what would be the sense of that. Now that I know it is a HOG and not an adventure game, I am glad I did not wait. I am happy for HOG players that liked it, however, lol. Just not my cup of tea.

cnmoore
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by cnmoore on Jul 23, 10 10:11 PM
Super game. Great graphics Coherent story. A lot of interaction. I played it in easy mode and am now enjoying the hard mode.

Such nice touches. Did you notice that the eyeball cursor blinks its eyelid?

Edited on 07/23/2010 at 10:12:53 PM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jul 25, 10 8:05 AM
I'm a bit late with my comments as my computer has been in the shop. I really enjoyed this game. Finished it this morning. It was long enough for me to be a good buy. I particularly liked the difficulty level. There were many things to figure out but they were all doable with trial and error. I didn't have to go to the walkthrough to get through the game. I love this adventure - HOG mix. Absolute thumbs up from this fish.

One more comment is I loved the ending when the credits were rolling and the game was telling me what happened to the characters.

Edited on 07/25/2010 at 8:08:15 AM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 25, 10 10:01 AM
I loved it! . The game went beyond a HOG and really kept me interested. Good one BF

paloma18
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by paloma18 on Jul 27, 10 8:36 PM
I LOVE this game!!!!1 I just finished it. I never needed help from a walk through! Not too hard but not too easy either, just right!! I bought this as soon as the demo time was up!! Whatever you call it HOG or ADV it's GREAT!!! Deffinately worth the $

wariatus
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by wariatus on Jul 28, 10 6:15 AM
alsmith wrote:I've not tried the games before buying but am tempted to try this but have one question I couldn't find an answer for- if i buy after trialling do I have to download the full game? Is this way always the same?
Reason is that I use a mobile connection so download sizes are important- I pay by the data transferred and it's not cheap!

Hi Alsmith! Unfortunately it depends on a game. Some games may have prepared smaller "trial" versions. Others may be just activating themselfs after buying full version (as someone else explained). But many of them is just downloading full version after you click "install".

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Aug 2, 10 1:27 PM
This was really a good game! Great graphics and story, with good interaction that held my interest throughout - a little bit of thinking involved. The things that would have made it excellent would have been voices for the dialogue, better looking characters, and more music - there was a very quiet ambient type of soundtrack that kept the experience a bit too silent for me. Overall, very fun - good length - and I look forward to more from this developer.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 5, 10 12:06 AM
What a fun game with some great comic relief thrown in (it made me have to stop and think and hunt for what to do next many times, just the way I like a game) - giggles out loud several times over the course of playing - I enjoyed it! It took me a long time to play it - as others have stated some of the objects are Quite Small! but the hint system is generous if you want to use hints, I am stubborn and will spend 45 minutes on one hidden object scene if I have to and several of the scenes took me a long time to find everything (they love, love, love paper clips in this one... LOL) - therefore, the game lasted me hours..... marvelous I remember reading one player's comment that the ending made her/him sad... am baffled on that one, I thought the ending was really good (one of my giggle out loud moments actually) ... If you haven't tried the game yet, give it a go - and it only gets better after the demo time runs out!!

everln
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by everln on Aug 8, 10 12:30 PM
Excelent game I have just finished it and really enjoyed the idea of time travel inside dreams Some items are a little hard to find but only needed two hint but I played casual now going to try the harder version to see if there is any difference good buy Hope ther is more like this in the pipe line

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 10, 10 6:29 PM
enjoyable game

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Aug 15, 10 1:24 PM
This is a great game and I didn't even need the walkthrough this time. Enjoyed playing this game. They did a great job hiding things. We need more games like this. Thanks BFG.

[Post New]by Catlander on Aug 16, 10 9:23 PM
I enjoyed the game overall, but had a HORRIBLE time with the story portions. They loaded very, very slowly and about drove me crazy. Anyone else have a problem with this?

peace

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

A Well-Polished Game that Deserves a Five Star Rating

[Post New]by mycatluna on Aug 16, 10 11:18 PM
What a fantastic game for several reasons.

First, it's the perfect blend of adventure and IHOG. The graphics are clear (although I do wish they would have offered a wide screen option). The game is fairly linear but allows for a player to explore areas at their own pace and in the order they feel like exploring.

The instructions of the specific task at hand is laid out perfectly. The journal does a great job of tracking your progress and keeping your present goals highlighted.

One of the fun aspects of the game that makes it unique is the ability of the player to click on particular non-inventory items in a room and receive a description or purpose of that item, whether it be humorous, nostalgic or informative. This adds to the depth of the story and helps bring to life the character that you play as. The several first person video clips throughout the game also add to character depth and result in a more realistic experience.

Humor is found throughout the game as the story progresses. The main character had me laughing on several occasions based on his reaction to certain things such as the rat in the jail cell.

The hidden object scenes themselves are cleverly done. I chose to play on the expert setting as opposed to the casual setting so the hidden object hunts were more difficult as a result yet not impossible to do. Items are to scale and hidden object areas are used for finding items that are needed to complete a certain task or solve a certain puzzle.

The puzzles in the game consist mainly of logically determining when and where to use certain inventory items. There are a few other puzzles throughout the game; however, they are relevant to the task at hand and creatively done.

The "music" is unobtrusive and consists mainly of atmospheric sounds and suspense building melodies which adds to the excitement of the game.

Game length is decent at around four hours completion time with high replay value as you can choose casual mode or expert mode; each mode changing the difficulty of hidden object scenes and puzzles.

All in all, this game is highly polished and very well put together. The developers put a lot of time and effort into this game and it shows. I look forward to seeing more games as well-developed as Time Dreamer in the future.

Five starts out of five in my opinion. Don't pass this one up!

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Aug 17, 10 10:14 AM
Great review mycatluna, I couldn't agree more!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 25, 10 8:53 PM
What mycatluna said. And the credits =

edit: minor typo

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 8:54:20 PM PST

Go to: