49 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dragon Wheel technical issues here only

[Post New]by snags2 on Jul 13, 10 9:05 AM
Hi Snags2 here and having the same problem. The Bumblebee game was no

problem but this is a nightmare.

(

[Post New]by Silverwing86 on Jul 13, 10 9:12 AM
In case it makes any difference; I had no issues running or playing this game (WinXP - SP3), except for a wierd glitch at the old lady's cabin (this was after I bought it), where the scroll kept hovering around for no apparent reason . Quit the game, restarted and it was gone, all was back to normal again. Great game by the way !

Cheers,
Silver

ckb57
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by ckb57 on Jul 13, 10 9:18 AM
unable to open game. Getting

"InitializeProject" function could not be found. could indicate a bad or corrupt common directory for your game

candydog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by candydog on Jul 13, 10 9:34 AM
I also got the same message, also downed loaned twice. Help

[Post New]by jkolinsky on Jul 13, 10 9:49 AM
Downloaded game everytime I try to play the game the screen is jumpy same happened with Skymist.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jul 13, 10 9:53 AM
Also got the "initialize project" error. With this many fishies having problems they should not have released the game yet.

damvanep
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by damvanep on Jul 13, 10 9:57 AM
And me too

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jul 13, 10 10:37 AM
Same "project" problem. I too hope that it is fixed soon. Need my games fix! About the "no way to run a business". Aren't we all using the "try it" button? If we had paid, then I would agree but........
BFG must have less than 1% problems with the many games they bring us.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 10:40:22 AM PST

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 13, 10 10:46 AM
I am having the same problem, " bad file, corrupt can not open and I did purchase this game as well.

Please fix ASAP, I was looking forward to playing it I guess I will have to wait

[Post New]by peskypatty on Jul 13, 10 10:47 AM
nelliegemini wrote:
So it isn't just me. I get ....

Game Startup Error
'initializeProject' function could not be found.
This could indicate a bad or corrupt common directory for your game.
The Game will now shutdown because it cannot properly function

And my laptop was thoroughly and completely DrFelix'ed last week, and everything is up to date (and I can run Flux Family Secrets, in case you wondered!)

Windows 7 by the way.

Edited to add - I have uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same message

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jul 13, 10 10:48 AM
bfgFlounder says to go to the help pages to correct technical problem with this game. This advice is useless, how about just fixing the game!!! I am having the same problem as others. I have tried to play the game on my HP Vista computer and my HP Windows 7 computer. Both have video cards and I have had few if any problems loading/playing games. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that there is some kind technical problem with this game. So come on BF just admit there is a problem and correct it. I do not believe it is the consumers responsibility to solve this by making numerous changes to their computers. All I want is for BF to admit to obivious technical problems and correct them. Yes I know consumer service will reimburse me if I request it but I would prefer BF keep their outstanding reputation and tell us they agree when there is an obvious technical problem with a game and CORRECT it !!!! I for one will not be making numerous changes to my computers that may or may not solve this problem. I will ask for my money back first. I do realize that I should have tried the free d/l first but I have always trusted BF to check their games for problems prior to releasing them. This is definiteley not happening now and as a loyal customer I am extremely disappointed.

WhippetLv
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,552 Posts

[Post New]by WhippetLv on Jul 13, 10 10:48 AM
Paws4Awhile wrote:Also unable to open game. Getting

"InitializeProject" function could not be found. This could indicate a bad or corrupt common directory for your game.

I am just getting this too and the game doesnt even start

[Post New]by peskypatty on Jul 13, 10 10:48 AM
SAME MESSAGE HERE HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME EITHER SO AM GOING TO DELETE GAME AND WAIT TILL TECHS FIX PROBLEM

auntym
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by auntym on Jul 13, 10 10:59 AM
Same problem as many folks. Corrupted file won't allow startup to initialize.

[Post New]by Arcuate on Jul 13, 10 11:06 AM
Same error message here too after installing/uninstalling 4 times. I also went to directory where program installed and tried to run demo from there.....no luch.....same error. How do I fix ???

yada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by yada on Jul 13, 10 11:08 AM
IT IS THE SAME WITH ME..AND EVERYTHING ON MY COMPUTER IS UP TO DATE AND AS ONE FISHY PUT IT DEFELIXED..LOL WHY OFFER A NEW GAME THAT YOU HAVE NOT THROUGHLY SCRUTINIZED

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 13, 10 11:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

Since there is a new version of Secrets of the Dragon Wheel, that addresses the majority of the posts in this thread, we're going to go ahead and lock up this tech thread and refer folks to the announcement thread where the build has been posted.

CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED VERSION ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are experiencing a different technical issue, or if this update did not resolve a technical issue in your game, please post in the new technical issues thread that is stickied to the top of this forum

CLICK HERE FOR NEW TECH ISSUES THREAD

Beginning a new discussion for new tech issues that may come up will help us notice and escalate technical issues more quickly and more efficiently.

If you need specific technical troubleshooting help, please contact Customer Support. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Thanks everyone!

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 11:33:03 AM PST

Go to: