MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Golden Trails: The New Western Rush

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 22, 10 11:04 AM
I'm not much into the western scene but this was an enjoyable game for me. Wasn't into the mini games tho. Could have done without the bandits popping in and out but managed to ignore them. Some objects were difficult to find which made me take my time searching which means, for me, that this would be a long game. Not sure if I'm buying at this point. Will put this on my list.

Happy Gaming and swim out loud fishies!

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 22, 10 6:00 PM
loved the game lasted a long long time worth every penny I don't know if anybody noticed but you get stars for shooting the bandits { average 25 to 27} if you are real good i think that is the only way to get 250 stars by not missing any i got all the trophies but the 250 star one which i think will be impossible because in the walkthru they only had 231

[Post New]by mooncat1950 on Jul 22, 10 8:54 PM
Best game I've played in a long time!!!!!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 23, 10 8:21 AM
This is a good old fashioned western, hidden-object, shoot-em-up (not like "Duke Nuke Em") fun adventure.The characters are believable ( although the voice acting might be a bit hokey), the graphics and hidden-objects scenes are well done, and the story line itself is entertaining. The hint system is way good--bandits ("gangsters") pop in and out and you've gotta drill 'em to get another hint, so keep a hand on the mouse. Do have a good time with this game (and the mini-game shooting gallery)--I know I did. I'd give it a 5 if it was a bit longer. (Find all the sheriff's stars--they're tough--but you'll be rewarded).

[Post New]by ksmall24 on Jul 24, 10 11:32 AM
Loved it! Wish it had been a longer game but had a lot of fun with the best time games at the end.

xarah78
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by xarah78 on Jul 24, 10 1:35 PM

This is one of the best HOG games that I have played in a very long time. The objects are actually hidden and not just sitting in front of you. The accents seemed real, the story was intriguing, the puzzles and the shooting games were fun....this was just an all around 5 star game to me. It's been a long time since I've played a game where it seemed the developers really cared about making a HOG game exactly that...HIDDEN!

The only weird thing was the music...it seemed to sound Asian more than Western.

Thanks !

azjmarie
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by azjmarie on Jul 24, 10 8:47 PM
I really enjoyed this game. So refreshing to have the subject be something other than vampires, voodoo, and ghosts. It was a challenging HOG - which I like. The search for sheriff badges and watching out for the "bad guys" made it all the more fun. Beautifully rendered graphics and authentic sounding voices brings this game to my list of top 10. Loads of fun!

[Post New]by paulalively on Jul 25, 10 8:28 AM
I love this game. Bought it last week and have re-played it several times just for the extra challenges. There is plenty to capture my short attention span for a while. I love the bonus section and the challenge of beating someone elses score.

I'm pretty selective on my purchases and am usually happy playing the 1 hour deals. But this one drew me in.

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 25, 10 8:48 AM
Not a fan of westerns but after reading reviews decided to try it. Loved it!!!! 5 stars!!!!

Mertie1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Mertie1 on Jul 25, 10 1:10 PM
I almost didn't try this game...but so glad I did. Will likely buy! Great game devs! Thanks.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

"please, sir, can i have some more?"

[Post New]by Qismet on Jul 25, 10 6:03 PM
excellent game! loved it!! wtg, bfg!! when you knock one out of the park, you really do!!

not too hard, not too easy, we "folks of a certain age" can still find the hidden thingies and the puzzles are not too mind-rattling.

an all-over 5 for me!!!

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 26, 10 5:39 AM
I generally don't like Westerns but I really enjoyed playing this game. I'm not quite through yet, but I've unlocked Unlimited Mode and got the Secret Mission extra, so I'm looking forward to playing all that.

The objects ARE small and could've been larger but if you take your time, you can find them. I only used a few hints and have a bunch left.

I don't like guns at all but did enjoy finding the "bad guys in the black hats."

The graphics are pleasing and clear with a little animation to make the towns come alive a bit more.

I think I'll be playing it for a while and then probably play it again later on.

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Jul 26, 10 8:58 PM
Really like this game. Different from the rest. Very clear picture and sound/music isn't over the top. Storyline is well written and there is plenty to do from looking for objects, to finding hidden badges in each scene, to "shooting the outlaws" to gain hints. Lots to do in just one scene! I need to play at night, no distractions cuz there is so much to find and to earn (i.e. trophies, outlaws and stolen items). All in all, a really great game. Worth the money, I just need more patience. LOL!

najab
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by najab on Jul 27, 10 1:07 PM
I think there is something wrong with my game. I was able to obtain every single badge available during the game and got up to 135 badges - therefore it appears the 150 is unattainable.

Also, when I was in unlimited mode, I saw almost twice as many screens available as I experienced when playing the entire game.

Where did those screens come from?

Is the "Austin" section the last one in the game or should there be more sections?

[Post New]by Yankeegirl22 on Jul 27, 10 5:37 PM
In the Bonus section, I have played all the mini searches that are in color. Then there are the ones in black and white. It says I can't play them until I play them in adventure mode. I've already played the adventure twice, but still can't get to those mini games. What gives?

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Jul 28, 10 7:05 AM
Outstanding game all around. Challenging Hidden Object screens, theme music that contributed to the atmosphere without intruding and extras to earn you would normally only get in a Collectors edition. A best buy in my opinion.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jul 29, 10 8:36 PM
Another very good game for July!

Golden Trails: The New Western Rush is what I term an "IHOG-lite". It seems to be 90% hidden object with 10% interaction. There are a few interactive areas on each screen, and sometimes you will need to find the right "tool" on a different screen. Navigation between sites is done via map - a couple of quick clicks to get where you need to go.

The hidden objects are found by picture - no word lists that I've come across thus far. Although you can see the item(s) you're looking for, they are cleverly hidden and hard to find at times.

You accumulate points by finding hidden objects, but the number of points you earn is different for each item. You may get +5 points for one object and +45 for another. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the number of points you get - it does not seem to be a quick-click award. If anything, it's based on how hard-to-find the object is, though that is just a guess.

The music is non-intrusive and era-appropriate, as are the items in the hidden object scenes. The gameplay is fun, the story interesting and the art quite lovely with nice, rich colors.

A quality game, one I am ready to purchase after 25 minutes' worth of demo

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jul 30, 10 12:48 PM
It's not too often that I rush to buy a game I've demoed for barely 15 minutes, but this is one of them. The dialogue is excellent, as are the graphics. The game play is way above average. What a fun game! A full game credit gladly spent.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 2, 10 9:27 PM
Count me as one of the 'hate westerns but love this game' group! I put off demoing this game because it was a western and I thought it wouldn't be enjoyable. I couldn't have been more wrong! After 20 minutes I knew I was going to buy it. Unfortunately I had to wait until August because I didn't want to start a new punch card. Now the game is mine, all mine and I may be up all night finishing it. Work? Who needs to be awake for work lol.

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Aug 3, 10 7:14 AM
I love it....Can't stop playing it....my son and hubby said I have never seen you play a game this long.....I can't get all the badges but I will...Big Fish you did it again...You made a game that is fantastic!!!!!!!

Go to: