Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by gogran on Jul 17, 10 11:59 AM
best game yet, kept me quiet for 24 hrs, don't know what to do now I'm finished.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jul 17, 10 12:00 PM
Played about half hour and probably back burner the game til another time. It's just not holding my interest and I find the HOG items to be way too easy to find.

Sometimes, it just my frame of mind or I didn't play the game long enough. Have fun, all!

txpeach100
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by txpeach100 on Jul 17, 10 12:28 PM
One of the BEST! Really enjoyed every aspect of the game. Great graphics, story line, HOR and puzzles. Completely superb!

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jul 17, 10 1:51 PM
Just finished the game and had to say how much I loved it.
I did keep the music on and found that it did add to the atmosphere of the game. Like others have mentioned, the hidden objects were not overly frustrating to find, and the storyline flowed well. This is a game that I would beg the developers to follow up with a sequel.
Thank you developers and thank you for offering it.

Gaherian
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Gaherian on Jul 17, 10 2:27 PM
Best game I have found on BFG ... by a long way! I played the demo, didn't get frustrated, and was surprised to see I had only managed to complete Ch 1, which means the game has a good long playing time.

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Jul 17, 10 2:48 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:After "dark-mini", "dark-mini", and "bright-shooter" (I never kill for hints! ) screens - here is a developer who can make some courses to others how to create "dark screen with excellent resolution"', thus even "blind" people like me can "see" the objects... Vogat!

Loved the game from first sight. Adventure HOG, moving around a lot, but pleasure to play and interact.

Thanks BF for posting it here!

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Jul 17, 10 2:51 PM
Terrific game! Thank you, thank you!!

I, too, am tired of poor graphics and dark screens~~~and this game really makes me feel better about Big Fish offerings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Love it...

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jul 17, 10 4:52 PM
I loved it. It was a great story, graphic, hidden object not to small. and you could always get out of the minigames. I t had alot of interesting twists. I hope that there is going to be a sequel. I would give it a 5 out of 5

Askold
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Askold on Jul 17, 10 6:33 PM
Dear players,

If you only knew what a pleasure to read all these numerous excellent reviews! You add sense to our lives! And it gives us energy to move forward!

If you want us to do a sequel, if you want us to do new games, such as Elixir of Immortality, please write about it here. Your word may be the most important!

The more your positive messages will be on the forum, the sooner we will be releasing new games. The more good words you write to us, the better will be our next game.

You just can not imagine how important your positive feedback for our future!

Thank you very much for your kind words! You're our favorite!

Always yours,
Askold

and Vogat Interactive team

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jul 17, 10 6:46 PM
I LOVE IT!!

chruke
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by chruke on Jul 17, 10 7:22 PM
Loved it!!!!! Hope there's a sequel. THANK YOU BIG FISH.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 17, 10 7:53 PM
Yes, ASKOLD, I'm glad you're paying attention! First, this game has a plot - imagine that!! And character development! Just wished the characters would say more than HMMM, but that only one in my 60 minute trial. I do like NOT being led around by the nose with actual arrows to point the way, and hints in the form of pop-ups to tell you what to do next. Give us some credit for our intelligence in playing these games. What you heard about the graphics is more than true - great resolution, pieces relevant to the game (no junkpiles), and things you find you can use later. Maybe there should be more things in the Hidden Object Scene to find, because it is on the easy side. But the play of the game is great. The book tells the story, and gives you tasks to compete, although you may not be able to complete that particular task until you've been somewhere else first. We all like going back and forth from place to place to find things that are needed in another place entirely. I'm wondering if you can do without the "sparkly" magnifier in the lower right hand corner. Maybe some way the cursor would change so we need to know there is something to do there? Puzzles are different and some challenging, so keep 'em coming. I love the way this game plays: it's bright in the places it should be and dark where it should be. Creepy music, but not annoying - makes you remember what you are there for. Many things to do and places to go. You have a winner on your hands here - next one should be more challenging for us long-time players.

Thanks for sticking your head in to say hello and to tell us you appreciate our comments, without trying to stick up for yourself when you've made a lousy game, as I've seen other developers do. You are open to suggestions, you love us, and therefore we love you!

Edited on 07/17/2010 at 7:57:03 PM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 17, 10 8:08 PM
P.S. ASKOLD - did I tell you this is a definite buy for me?

Another satisfied customer.

About the sequel - I don't know if you develop the main "undercover" detective's character more further in the game, but we could get to like him and see him in other undercover situations ... maybe. Just a suggestion.

We are all praying for the best on the Gulf Oil Spill, so don't think we are burying our heads in the sand here. We care about what our world is experiencing, and especially those that make their living off the Gulf - in fact all people who try to make a living, period, in this horrible time.

But we come here when the news gets too much, and our hearts begin to bleed for those in so much need right here in the USA. So we take a few hours of relaxation, a challenge to take our minds off - well, everything right now - and for friendship and support.

So I hope to see you back here from time to time. We have so many interesting discussions in the Chit-Chat Room, which you will find on our Forums. If you ever need a friend, want to voice an opinion without being criticized for it, or just want to say "hi" to a great bunch of "fishies," please do not hesitate to join in on any conversaton that might peek your interest. Some serious, some funny, some current affairs - the list is long. There are an awful lot of nice people who come here to play the games, and also to chit-chat.

Glad you found us, and you will also find a great place to chat with no hatred or prejudices, and no swearing (unless you abbreviate it!!) Success to you and your company.

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Jul 17, 10 9:34 PM
A little Spoiler ahead!!!

What a great game!! Great storyline! (a little ode to Agatha Christie's 10 Little Indians/And Then There Were None mystery). Great graphics! Great music! Terrific puzzles! Not too difficult and definitely not too easy. At times I felt like "Is thing ever gonna end?!?! (in a good way!)" It just kept going and going and going... LOL Absolutely a great length for the price. WTG !! I might as well as just keep my wallet on permanent open for ya with as many great games as you've been offering me lately!

Since the developer seems to be reading the posts here, I thought I'd put my two cents here and voice my ONLY complaint with the game. There were a couple of points in the game (one being at the entrance of the castle near the elevator) where a Hidden Object Scene was triggered in the water. In it, one of the items in my list was a 'Scoop'. In the scene there was an Ice Cream Scoop and a scoop one would use for bulk foods. Of course, the game was looking for the Ice Cream Scoop, and I kept clicking on the regular scoop. My complaint is that when items are similar like this, there shouldn't be two of them in the same scene. This happened in another scene with the "Breach In the Wall" when the item you have to look for a is a "rope". There is a jumprope in the scene, but what the game requires you to click on is a single strand of dangling rope on the other side of the scene. The jumprope is technically a rope and would/should be acceptable for the list. These are minor annoyances and don't detract from the over story but from the overall gameplay (for me, anyway) because you never know when another one of these dual-named item list scenes are going to occur and you're always on guard, not really able to fully enjoy the game. It's always possible it's a translation issue from the developer, but it is something to be mindful of. In the end, like I said, it is very, very minor and Elixir is a great game despite it. Just wanted to point it out in case it is a really big deal for someone else. Keep up the great work, and if there is a sequel coming, I'll be more than happy to be a buyer of it!

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 8:34:09 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 18, 10 3:16 AM
This is a great game. I liked it right from the start. The graphics are good, and the combination of finding objects and doing frequent puzzles keeps the game interesting. Very well done.

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Jul 18, 10 3:52 AM
I too think this is one of the classics! I'm still in the process of playing, and I don't want it to end. I'm addicted to HOG's, but lately I've downloaded the demos and got bored really quickly. Even when I've purchased a game I always skip through the story and cut scenes which to me are just a waste of time. Not with Elixir though! I think the graphics are stunning, and together with the music it's very atmospheric. I love reading the book in the lower left, as the story only adds to the game - it's not a weak excuse for the game itself. The **** scenes are excellent, and a pleasure to look at. I'm not even using the hints unless I'm absolutely stumped (I'm quite impatient usually ) Although the characters' spoken dialogue is restricted to 'Hmm' I can live with this, as they are graphically perfect! My brain is stretched on quite a few puzzles, but they are 'do-able' eventually. Well done to the programmers, and bring on the sequel

bombaa27
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,421 Posts

[Post New]by bombaa27 on Jul 18, 10 4:10 AM
WOW! After a run of games that wouldn't run or had major bugs in them, this game was a welcome addition to my collection! As previously stated the scenes loaded quickly.....a real plus....... no problems with cursors. Some of the scenes the objects did blend in but the hints replenished quickly. The only time I had to use the walkthrough was when I didn't follow through with a task! Thanks more like this one please!

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jul 18, 10 4:14 AM
This game is top notch - it's up there with RTR, Dire Grove, Puppet Shows, Drawn etc. Played in advanced mode and I reckon on and off it took me around 6hrs or so - well worth the money and well done to the developers

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Jul 18, 10 4:41 AM
FOR ASKOLD:
Thanks for looking in on us and asking for our opinions. I agree with what everyone else have said about gameplay, graphics etc - it's a wonderful game which I bought after 20 mins of trial, and spent all yesterday playing through. I do however wish to point out a couple of things I particulary appreciated, especially since I've seen a few posters not interested in those things.

First: I loved the option to see all the active scenes sparkling with just one click . It's a brilliant feature which saved me from missing out on points of interest - which again would have made me have to do a lot of aimless walking and searching, getting stuck and frustrated. Sometimes a spot can be easy to miss - the sparkly option elegantly resolved this, and if someone don't want it that easy, they can simply avoid clicking it.

Second: A great storyline that pulls you in, is a must! At least for me. I've seen comments that HOG players don't want too much story because they don't want to read so much, but that's just individual opinions. Personally I LOVE a strong, immersive storyline with depth - I love being pulled into the story, feeling the excitement building and wondering what will happen next. It also help deepening the personalities of the people you meet, and makes you care about them. The bio page for each of the island's inhabitants was something I really appreciated, although I wish there would have been more info about the magician - and a bit more about our main character aswell. Too many games - most of them in fact - suffer from too weak stories or none at all, which makes them boring, dull and uninteresting, regardless of their graphics - and hence, no buy. So - a great story is a must!

Last: Yes please, a sequel would be greatly appreciated!

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 5:02:55 AM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Jul 18, 10 4:46 AM
I purchased this game before finishing the demo, that's how much I like it!

The graphics are clear and objects are large enough to see clearly, so those with bad eyes won't have a problem.

I think the minigames are kind of easy and there's no real challenge or purpose in them, but that's OK since the rest of the game is nicely done.

It's not quite as animated and spectacular as the Puppet Show series or Ravenhurst, but it's a runner-up.

Developers - make a sequel with a bit more animation and interaction with the player.

Go to: