Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Jul 22, 10 10:16 PM
meanbusiness wrote:I purchased the first and loved it. This looks like an awesome sequal. However, I do not need all the extras that go with it. Why doesn't BF offer a compromise deal? Just include the extra game play, minus concept art, wallpaper etc. Give it to us for 10.99. I would love to buy this game, but I say again, I do not need the other stuff. I guess I will just wait until the "short" version is available.

I'm with you. I enjoy the extra game play some of the collector's editions offer, but I have no interest in the concept art and wallpaper items.

Edited on 07/22/2010 at 10:17:12 PM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jul 22, 10 11:46 PM
I was so disappointed when my demo time ran out! I enjoyed the first Echoes and purchased it, but I have to say I prefer this one. In my hour I got to the end of chapter 3 so with there being 8 chapters, it looks like there is a decent length to the game. It seemed like it was longer than the first Echoes. I liked the graphics in this one better as well. I got pretty stumped in the first one, whereas in this game, it was pretty easy to figure out what to do. I only had to consult the strategy guide once. I liked the minigames as they were different. I did notice that the directions on some of them were a little sparse. It would have been nicer to have a little more in the way of instructions instead of just a skip button.

I rarely purchase the CE versions because as others have said, it just doesn't seem like you get 3x's the value from them and I am a patient soul If I had not completed two punch cards for the month already and only need one more game to complete a third (thanks BF for the sale on the 4th), I would purchase this one. However, I have no desire to start a fourth card so I think I will wait until the regular version comes out and make my decision then. I love the idea someone had of charging $10.99 and leaving off the concept art & wallpapers.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Jul 23, 10 3:08 AM
I read in an earlier post that when they downloaded the demo all they got was a blank screen. That happened to me too and when I tried delete and redownload, it showed that my demo time was over. In any case, I have only purchased 2 CE's and both of those had enough extra gameplay to be worth the price. Ar this point I am unable to spend the extra money for Echoes of the Past 2 so I'll wait til next month and the SE. I have read various reviews about this game on other sites and am looking forward to playing it soon. I do understand why BF offers these $20 games and if the extra gameplay is worth the cost I'm more than willing to pay the extra. I found that the CE of PuppetShow 2 was worth every bit of the extra money because the extended gameplay was fantastic. Hope this game offers the same.
I hope all of you BF gamers have a Blessed weekend and happy gaming overtherhill

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 23, 10 4:40 AM
Very great ihog. Thats a definetely buy for me, but only as a regular version (I have so many unfinished games at the moment)

[Post New]by mara_59 on Jul 23, 10 6:24 AM
Very similar to the first "Echos of the past" but shorter. I bought it and was disappointed with the ending. I should have waited for the reg version

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 23, 10 8:00 AM
SOLD....I beta tested this game and love it completely!!!! Nothing negative to say about this. A terrific game...keep em comin BF !!!!

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Jul 23, 10 11:05 AM
Vixen63 wrote:
meanbusiness wrote:I purchased the first and loved it. This looks like an awesome sequal. However, I do not need all the extras that go with it. Why doesn't BF offer a compromise deal? Just include the extra game play, minus concept art, wallpaper etc. Give it to us for 10.99. I would love to buy this game, but I say again, I do not need the other stuff. I guess I will just wait until the "short" version is available.

I'm with you. I enjoy the extra game play some of the collector's editions offer, but I have no interest in the concept art and wallpaper items.

Same here. I think I can wait till the 'discount' version comes out!
Good game, so far, though - having small problems finding stuff, so I guess I'll need help from walkthough.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 23, 10 11:16 AM
Great, great game. Loved it and for theose who think it's not worth the price, I will say that the extra game is really long, full of mini games (nearly as long as the whole last Dream Chronicles !) and it's really worth it. I'm, alas, not anymore a teenager, rather a grandmother, and I did set up one of wallpapers on my computer, as the graphics are gorgeous. Great, grand game. 10

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Jul 23, 10 12:11 PM
Nice looking game - good graphics. I'm not a fan of the Collector's Editions- purchased one a while back and it wasn't worth the extra money - won't do so again. Wish there wasn't a limit to how far you can go in the trial version. Will wait for the regular version and then purchase it.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jul 23, 10 12:28 PM
overthehill60 wrote:I read in an earlier post that when they downloaded the demo all they got was a blank screen. That happened to me too and when I tried delete and redownload, it showed that my demo time was over. In any case, I have only purchased 2 CE's and both of those had enough extra gameplay to be worth the price. Ar this point I am unable to spend the extra money for Echoes of the Past 2 so I'll wait til next month and the SE. I have read various reviews about this game on other sites and am looking forward to playing it soon. I do understand why BF offers these $20 games and if the extra gameplay is worth the cost I'm more than willing to pay the extra. I found that the CE of PuppetShow 2 was worth every bit of the extra money because the extended gameplay was fantastic. Hope this game offers the same.
I hope all of you BF gamers have a Blessed weekend and happy gaming overtherhill

Let Big Fish know what has happened...they will make it good for you. They are a fantastic company and they care. I remember that they credited me with two free games because of problems. Just good service like that keeps people like me happy and wanting to come back often to Big Fish. They need to know of your problems and they will help you. Click the "contact button" and go from there. Good luck--from
happygrams

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jul 23, 10 1:33 PM
I'm surprised.....is all this just from the drought? If this had been the 1st game, I would've liked it, but I don't feel it compares to the 1st one very well. It's kind of a riding on the coattails of the last game's success to me. Even the concept is the same; they've just replaced the stone folk w/ the ghosts. When I was out of time I only had one more shop to explore in the town square, where I assume you get what you need for the bridge, but I also only needed one more amulet piece. Once you cross the river there best be a lot more stuff or this game is going to be shorter than the original.

I'll wait to see length on the walkthru & also for the SE.

pjenks
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pjenks on Jul 23, 10 6:28 PM
where is the walkthru?

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 23, 10 11:29 PM
You have to go out to the main menu to access the walkthrough. It's under the tab that's labeled "Extras" on the main screen.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 24, 10 12:08 AM
pjenks wrote:where is the walkthru?
You have to exit the game (main menu) and click on Extras then you'll have the walkthrough. It's a bit annoying having to exit the game, but this one is so good !

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 24, 10 12:12 AM
BigTfromAV wrote:Nice looking game - good graphics. I'm not a fan of the Collector's Editions- purchased one a while back and it wasn't worth the extra money - won't do so again. Wish there wasn't a limit to how far you can go in the trial version. Will wait for the regular version and then purchase it.
If there was no limit in the trial version who would buy the game ? You would just play for free, where would BFG earn their living ?! If a grocer makes you taste a strawberry, will he give you a pound of it ?????

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jul 24, 10 5:43 AM
Review of demo: The game runs flawlessly on my Vista 64 bit, NVIDIA. Full screen, fast and smooth loading, no cursor problems, bright clear graphics. Excellent atmosphere in art work and sound. Hint system with refill items to find extra hints, no timer, skip buttons for story and minigames. Minigames are great and though provoking. Will buy but not the CE version. I do not use wallpaper and the extras to spend the money. Glad I got past the first comments and tried this game.

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Jul 24, 10 6:48 AM
I really enjoyed the demo, but don't think I want to purchase the CE edition. How long before the SE is available?

[Post New]by wellychocolate on Jul 24, 10 7:42 AM
10 out of 10, just completed this one, well worth the money, recomend it to anyone, [b]TAKE NOTE DREAM CRONICALS, THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD BE PRODUCING, NOT THE RUBBISH YOU JUST GAVE US
I always like a game where the mouse does what you tell it to, without any anoying lag, this was good for that, then the musice should not get on your nerves, this was ok, again with the bad american voices, but having said that, great fun, kept expecting it to finnish, but more and more puzzles, liked the stain glass window one, not for difficulty, but it was diffrent, and stuning to look at> Some of the puzzles will drive you round the bend, my favorites, the light putting out one, took me ages and the bulbs, both sorts, drove me nuts. Good finnish too, which is what we want.

verdict
very good more of the same.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 24, 10 9:10 AM
Great game with excellent grahics and challenging puzzles. My only disappointment was how short the extra game was. Considering how much more expensive the CE games are, the extra game should be worth the price of admission, as I think most people don't really care about the wallpapers and other extras. This will be the last CE game I buy; I'll play the demo and then wait until the regular game is released.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Jul 24, 10 9:24 AM
This one was most definitely worth it for me-and no, I don't care about anything but the extra gameplay, which is rather short, but the game itself is substantial. Wonderful graphics. Music also drove me batty, probably because the game does have good length, but that is why you can turn it down. And 3 puches for something that I really loved.

Go to: