carleneb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by carleneb on Aug 1, 10 2:53 PM
Poutoule wrote:Just as for Love Chronicles, Dark Parables, Haunted Manor : BLANK SCREEN. I bought these games, keeping my fingers crossed, and they worked fine. Still you're never sure and since I've been disappointed with games bought on "their good previous reputation", I do hesitate to buy this one. Downloading it again.

I had screen freezes every time I returned from using the strategy guide. I restarted the game three different times. Finally I contacted BFG and the nicest lady, Emily J, Seattle, responded to my kind of angry reply. She sent me a Dr Felix file and had me run it, zip it and send it back to her. She replied that my driver was 5 years out of date. She sent me a link to a free updated driver. I restarted the game and it worked when I tested going to the strategy guide and came back out of it. So, her fix worked but I was SO bored with the game I did not even attempt to complete it knowing that I had to do EVERYTHING again. Anyway, if you continue to have problems, get in contact with BFG and let them know. Emily J was the nicest person and I am sure they can help you, too. Good luck!

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by appiel on Aug 1, 10 4:41 PM
Poutoule wrote:Gave up, bought it and it works....... Isn't that forcing my hand, or what would you call it ??? I don't like that, I get the feeling I'm being cheated

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 4:42:43 PM PST

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by appiel on Aug 1, 10 4:43 PM
I feel the same!!!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 2, 10 3:27 AM
Poutoule wrote:Gave up, bought it and it works....... Isn't that forcing my hand, or what would you call it ??? I don't like that, I get the feeling I'm being cheated

Have you ever owned a car? Did you ever have any problems with it? If you did, what did you do? Did you park it and walk away; or did you give the dealership a chance to fix whatever was wrong? How many of us have had problems with our computers (not the games we try to run on them), and have spent untold hours (days or weeks) on the phone and on email hoping to get the issue resolved? Even if the problem is not completely corrected to our satisfaction, what are the chances that we will get a complete refund (unless it is in the first two to four weeks, perhaps)? We all buy things that are a lot more expensive than a computer game (even the Collector Editions) and nothing is perfect, because try as we will, the humans that design and make all of these "things" are not perfect. The real test is to make the right person aware of the problem, and see if they are willing to correct the imperfection. We also have to do our part in providing information that those people need to do the job of fixing the glitch. I have found BFG to be the most customer-oriented company around. They have not done what many companies do and begin ignoring customers once their reputation for good customer service has been established. Let's try to keep things in perspective, please.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 2, 10 4:51 PM
i have no car! and i am very disapointed that a game i bought with higher price does not work !i have played this game very well until i enter the pharmacy,and then:frozen!the demo was not long enough to show the bug!so,i bought it,and now?my graphic card is updated,and how can i played well so far and be stuck during the game?it is a bug!!!

[Post New]by littleoracle on Aug 3, 10 2:34 AM
Yup, same here, frozen screen.... on the final level! Oy! Seem to notice that this only happened when I exited and went to the strategy guide. Hope there's a patch. It would be a shame to have paid extra for the strategy guide only to have a bug in it.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 3, 10 3:17 AM
the game freezes for me without any use of strategy guide!i just give up the game to go to sleep,and it is impossible to play any more
i have a question:this game gives three punches on the monthly card,if it cannot be repaired,do they give us 1 or 3 coupons codes for the price is not the price of one usual game!with french taxes(TVA) it costs 23 dollars for me ,about 18euros,and my money is each month of 1500 euros;i hesitate each time there is a CE,now,i think i shall not buy any one more!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 3, 10 4:32 AM
i change the identity and have to play all game again ,go to the level castle non-stop and when in dungeon,**** minigame done,planks gone,the panel on the door does not work: i clic on each tile but nothing happens!i went out to see the walkthrough on gamezebo(hoping escape from strategy game bug) and the game freezes when i start again!so,it is not the strategy guide,it is the fact of giving up!so,if you had this technical issue,you have to start again with another identity ang go on non-stop to finish the game
i don't think i would do that because am not sure to be able to have the door panel working(letters must appear on tiles while clicking,as walkthrough shows me) ,and that is not what happened!
i mailed to BF yesterday,and i'm waiting for answer!

[Post New]by hobgoblin1 on Aug 3, 10 12:55 PM
peascot wrote:

I actually got past the 15 hooks no problem, but the next one , screen went black. Couldn't close the game either, had to shut down comp...Un-installed, and re-installed, and now it opens up on a black screen...

Do BF refund money, if problem persists, as I paid in Australian dollars and had to also pay extra being an international deposit...

Exactly the same thing has happened to me a blank black screen and the only way out is via the task manager. Is this a bug and what do i need to do to fix it please.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 4, 10 5:52 PM
Hello, hope you can help me with my problem. I purchased the collectors edition but cannot get (I believe it is the 2nd part) to work. I have had no problems up until the amulet is placed on the pedistal. The room is a barn or attic, something on that order. My mouse will not do anything at this point and I have to shut down my computer manually. I paid $19.95 for the collectors version so it is not as though I am at the end of the game.
Thanks for your help, Dianne Seaquist

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Aug 5, 10 4:01 PM
Only got as far as the Inn keeper and my cursor froze.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 5, 10 8:01 PM
Here's an update on how the problem was resolved for me. After receiving a response from a tech at BFG; I tried to make sure that my video card drivers were updated, but had a little difficulty installing the download from my computer manufacturer's website. I called their tech support department, and at the end of a lengthy troubleshooting session; during which the tech took control of my computer to better check all the "nooks and crannies", it was discovered that several pesky, but not serious spyware programs had sneaked past the security software that always runs on my system. Those "baddies" were eliminated; and it was also determined that an update to my video card that I thought had installed, had not. It seems that the factory configured my operating system a bit differently than the usual way (for reasons unknown), so it takes an extra step or two to get the updates to correctly install. After the necessary adjustments were accomplished, I uninstalled, rebooted the computer, reinstalled, started a new profile and played through with absolutely no snags. The entire problem had nothing to do with any defect in the game; it just required finding out about some of my computers unique "idiosyncrasies". (I have only had this system for about four months, so I'm still getting acquainted.)

[Post New]by Tess87 on Aug 7, 10 9:25 AM
I have been having a problem with the game freezing up as well. I finished the game alright but now I want to play the bonus game but when I click on the bonus game, it brings up the screen and I can hear the music but nothing works. I have to ctrl-alt-delete to exit out of the game.

I spent $20 on the game and now I feel ripped off.

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 9:26:01 AM PST

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 9, 10 5:56 PM
Hi Fishies, I hope this will help some of you with this and other games.
For those of you who are having trouble getting back to the game after going to the walk through:
Put up the walkthrough before starting the game. The shrink it using the box at the top right of the screen. Then, using the marks on the side and top of the walkthrough, shrink it some more so that you only see the part that is helpful.
( the screen shots and instructions.
Then when you need the walkthrough, go to the main menu of the game and click on "options." You will see a box that says full scrreen. Click this on. This will actually turn off the full screen and shrink it. Now you can see the game and walkthrough at the same time. Just position the walkthrough and the game side-by-side.
I have not had a problem using the walkthrough this way and it sure is easier than exiting the game and then getting the walkthrough and then going back to the game again.

Hope this works for you.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 9, 10 11:54 PM
I just finished up to the bonus, which I am going to do tomorrow. But, my game froze also just after putting the amulet on the stand. The way I got to get further in the game was to uninstall it and start all over again.
I used a different name and everything went just fine after all.
I did not want to repeat the part of the game that I had already done but, it went pretty quick because I knew exactly what to do.
Even though I had to go through all this, it was well worth it. It is an awesome game.
It is kind of similar to Redemption Cemetary: Curse of the Raven. I recomend that game to anyone who liked this and did not have any probems with that game.

[Post New]by tiggggertoooo on Aug 14, 10 9:28 AM
I found a fix for when the cursor freezes when playing this game. It worked for me. So I don't know if it will work for everyone. Try doing this press "windows button and letter D" at the same time. It takes you to windows desktop and than you go back to the game and you click on resume and the cursor works again. I don't know why that fixes it but it did work for me.

For all the other problems I don't have any fixes for them.

[Post New]by la_voisin on Aug 14, 10 12:17 PM
I also had my cursor freeze and just tried the windows button + D to see if my cursor would move and it worked for me. I was getting very frustrated because I'd been looking forward to this game, glad that it seems to be working now.

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Aug 16, 10 4:14 PM
Game takes forever to open. Freezes up, will try the control/d. Hope a fix comes out soon.

gallfur
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gallfur on Aug 18, 10 5:05 AM
I love BFG, BUT! I am getting tired of having problems with some of their games! Now I have a black screen with two icons on top and the inventory list for the game Echoes of the Past: The castle of Shadows Collector's Edition which I paid for and now can't get anywhere and using task manager to get out of it...what gives?????
Please fix this, I have a new Gateway laptop, and a new HP PC and I am updated on all the drivers, etc....

[Post New]by ferrbay on Aug 25, 10 7:11 PM
I played Castle of Shadows Collectors Edition just fine until the one hour trial automatically ended (before one hour actually)
I was really enjoying it and spent $19.95 to continue the game.
Since I paid for it I am stuck at a black screen with just the book on the top left and the ? on the top right.
I can drop down my inventory or read the book but nothing else.
If I try to go to main menu it freezes.
Either way I cannot get out of this game without control alt delete and am very frustrated.
I have deleted and reinstalled game several times (yes after supposed update came out) and have had no better result.
My PC is about 3 months old and kept fully updated (remember the game worked fine until I paid).
What is BFG planning on doing to help the little fish that pay there salary?
If I have to start this game over I am going to be very angry and will probably cancel my membership.

Angry Fish

Go to: