Gen_1236
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:The BFG forums are closing down!!!

[Post New]by Gen_1236 on Apr 17, 18 8:12 AM
gohill wrote:Hi Jennifer, good to see you again.. .... Joined your M.C. forum on delphi ... Leaving this morning for meetings in Oklahoma - course guy from Tulsa to be there tomorrow morning to talk elements.... Meeting with members of the Youth Advisory Board and all the teachers at the end of the month... non-profit still on track, taking it one baby step at a time...

BFG forums closing reminds me of the dev.s statement at the end of the special events: All good things must come to an end..

I see the biggest "nightmare" being, if you lose your game, how do you tell everyone you've lost your game and that you have a new ID?.... not everyone came to this forum in the first place...

Kind of "in shock" myself .... and being out of touch for the next several days... naturally....SIGH...

Hey Fuzzy britches.

Did you apply for any of those grants?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 17, 18 8:28 AM
Gen_1236 wrote:
gohill wrote:Hi Jennifer, good to see you again.. .... Joined your M.C. forum on delphi ... Leaving this morning for meetings in Oklahoma - course guy from Tulsa to be there tomorrow morning to talk elements.... Meeting with members of the Youth Advisory Board and all the teachers at the end of the month... non-profit still on track, taking it one baby step at a time...

BFG forums closing reminds me of the dev.s statement at the end of the special events: All good things must come to an end..

I see the biggest "nightmare" being, if you lose your game, how do you tell everyone you've lost your game and that you have a new ID?.... not everyone came to this forum in the first place...

Kind of "in shock" myself .... and being out of touch for the next several days... naturally....SIGH...

Hey Fuzzy britches.

Did you apply for any of those grants?

too soon to apply for grants... still working on getting non-profit status ...everything has to be volunteer basis till we get approved.... baby steps...

looking forward to the day we can have up a website... ....one of these days... (hubby is still fighting with learning how to use Windows 365 - we need a volunteer IT person... hahahahahaha... we'll get there... eventually)....

eta: last post till I return... good luck everyone on whatever forum you decide

Edited on 04/17/2018 at 8:29:40 AM PST

[Post New]by Hufflepuff on Apr 17, 18 10:13 AM
I am so shocked and sad that I do not have words to express my feelings!

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by skell169 on Apr 17, 18 11:06 AM
I am utterly devastated I have been coming into this forum for almost 5 years !!!!!!!!!!!!
It has become so special to me and everyone in it too..............
I will miss you all so much and what upset's me more is that if you do put your E Mail address into any message Private message or post it in the forum BFG delete the message like it never existed myself and a friend met through the game and we tried exchanging E Mail addresses and the messages just kept being deleted we kept asking each other did you get my last message and the answer was always NO!!!!!
I feel totally let down my this and just dumped out by BFG anything but close this wonderful forum it means so much to so many!!!!!!!!!! Rona

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Apr 17, 18 11:13 AM
Rona, try typing everything out without using symbols like this...your PM should go through...

myname at suchnsuch dot com

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Apr 17, 18 11:31 PM
To everything (turn turn turn)
There is a season (turn turn turn)

I love all of you, and wish the best. Hope to see you in another Forum.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 17, 18 11:39 PM
skell169 wrote:I am utterly devastated I have been coming into this forum for almost 5 years !!!!!!!!!!!!
It has become so special to me and everyone in it too..............
I will miss you all so much and what upset's me more is that if you do put your E Mail address into any message Private message or post it in the forum BFG delete the message like it never existed myself and a friend met through the game and we tried exchanging E Mail addresses and the messages just kept being deleted we kept asking each other did you get my last message and the answer was always NO!!!!!
I feel totally let down my this and just dumped out by BFG anything but close this wonderful forum it means so much to so many!!!!!!!!!! Rona

How to post any web address, including emails on your messaging is to put a dot, hatchtag or anyhting between each letter of the name.
Then your readr can "unzip " it:

j.h.e. or (j#h#e#) becomes "jhe" in actuality.
Problem solved with a bit of lateral thinking!

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Apr 18, 18 11:18 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:I sincerely hope our beloved Midnight Castle will not be going by the wayside! And, what about our social pages in the forum? What happens to The Special Room?! And the Midnight Call to Arms?!

How will we keep in touch with our friends we've made here?! Many of us are seniors who do not participate on any social media sites like Facebook....so what will we do?
I am so devastated by this news!!

If you want...you can contact me on Deviantart (Werecatqueennic) or tumblr (Werecatfrostknight)

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Apr 18, 18 1:42 PM
Maybe it is just me, but without knowing all the factors involved in BF's decision I am inclined to cut them some slack. We all know what a hassle the spam has been and that is something they have worked really hard to control without making access too difficult for the players. I intend to enjoy MC for as long as possible. Many MC people are working together to build a new (and possibly better) forum on Delphi. As many seniors as there are on this game we should all be accustomed to things changing. That's life.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 18, 18 3:05 PM
Thewerecatqueen wrote:
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:I sincerely hope our beloved Midnight Castle will not be going by the wayside! And, what about our social pages in the forum? What happens to The Special Room?! And the Midnight Call to Arms?!

How will we keep in touch with our friends we've made here?! Many of us are seniors who do not participate on any social media sites like Facebook....so what will we do?
I am so devastated by this news!!

If you want...you can contact me on Deviantart (Werecatqueennic) or tumblr (Werecatfrostknight)

Aw! Thank you!! I've already moved over to the new MC forum at Delphi, as have many, many others! Will you be joining us there as well, I hope?

Ada

ETA: Here's the link (as approved by the mods)

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

Just copy the link and paste it into your web browser, then you can click on create an account, using your email address and your MC game name so we'll recognize you! If it says name already taken, just add a number or letter to it to get registered. Once in, you can go to your profile and edit the name back to normal in the nickname box.

HufflePuff, Rona, and anyone else reading this--Hope you'll decide to join as well cuz I'd miss you, if you didn't!

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 3:23:50 PM PST

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Apr 18, 18 3:13 PM
Hope they're paying the moderators LOTS of overtime for all of the extra work at the moment, dealing with all of the questions and discussions.

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Apr 18, 18 5:28 PM
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MidnightCastle

This is the site that has been set up and it is so amazing how quickly and totally awesome it has become!

A big THANK YOU to all that are working on it.....especially Jenifer!

Attie

*posted mainly to thank everyone and to bring it back to the front.

Edited on 04/18/2018 at 5:31:11 PM PST

[Post New]by Tchiquitamom on Apr 19, 18 4:46 PM
This is very unfortunate. I don't participate much but the forum is where I go first for game info and questions. Is this a permanent thing? I hope not. I try to roll with the changes that have been made to BFG since I joined, but I have not seen any improvements, just changes that I as a customer don't understand. I like the service and want to continue to use it, but the edge that BFG had in the past over other sites is not as distinct as it used to be. Thanks for hearing my opinion.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 19, 18 4:51 PM
I’m sorry to say that yes it is permanent much to the sadness of all of us.I can only suggest that player help can only be found at one of the other suggested sites after 30th Aptil.

The BFG forums are closing down!!!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Apr 22, 18 1:14 AM
eli173 wrote:Did you read the post? Everything has been left to go down the drain at BFG. Games closing down, and now the forums. How can the games exist without them, and MC in particular? They say that they will maintain the old forum content and the Facebook page! Thanks, but no, thanks!

PS Sounds like a bad joke, but, alas, April Fool's Day has passed.

Games closing down too?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

The BFG forums are closing down!!!

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 22, 18 6:37 AM
dylansmom1979 wrote:
eli173 wrote:Did you read the post? Everything has been left to go down the drain at BFG. Games closing down, and now the forums. How can the games exist without them, and MC in particular? They say that they will maintain the old forum content and the Facebook page! Thanks, but no, thanks!

PS Sounds like a bad joke, but, alas, April Fool's Day has passed.

Games closing down too?

Yes, I meant the recent closing down of Dark Manor, (sorry to be repetitive, but I seem unable to get over this!) in my honest opinion, the most original and creative game of its kind EVER at BFG or elsewhere, which had stopped being updated some three years ago. But the game was so good, that many players continued playing it with the old content, even without any of the preprogrammed seasonal events that keep other games that are no longer being updated (such as ART, for example) alive. Until one day last month, when players tried to enter the game as usual, only to find out that they could just not get in. We thought that this was a technical problem, when a moderator posted that the game will no longer be available. The blow was very hard, and because we had manors (I had 22 of them, certainly an overkill!) that could be really decorated with hundreds of different items, it truly felt like an eviction to me. The least that they could have done would be to give us a few days' advance notice to take screenshots of our manors, but they did not. They just pulled the plug and we were left out in the cold (bring on the violins.... ).

Of course, all this does not necessarily mean that MC will close down too, as they said that they will keep it going. Fingers crossed.

And now, the forums are closing down... At least here we got advance notice and the assistance of moderators in posting about new homes for MC players, although some recent posts indicate that these new homes may be more of a closed club ruled by a minority rather than a forum open to all players. I definitely hope that this will not be the case.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 22, 18 7:22 AM
Forums, in general, have a tendency to get that "clique-ish" feel because like-minded people tend to gravitate towards each other... it's human nature....

My perspective on the Pond's Friend forum is that it is one thread dedicated to new updates and seasonal events... since it is only one thread, it would be difficult to keep up with multiple discussions regarding the game, and be extremely difficult to keep up with newbie questions.. Again, my perception is that it is built for a limited purpose, though, I also perceive it to be a valid purpose, it's not meant to handle all the details and questions that arise on this forum.... In that way, it is not meant to have a closed club feel but meant to focus the direction of the thread...

as for the Delphi forum... yes, Jenn started it, but Jenn is not a dictator by any stretch of the imagination.... She's a "wild child" and enjoys listening to ALL views... to get a better idea of her style, you only need to look at Coalition of the Confused to see the varied discussions and varied points of view.... Her style may be too chaotic for some as she typically lets people just be themselves and allows them to police themselves as well.... Right now, it is very chaotic with all the voices, and feels more difficult to keep up with all the chatter... this may stay the same as there are several hundred members... there is no majority or minority... there's just M.C. folks... well, I guess that is a majority in and of itself... but, there is no reason why someone else couldn't start another forum for all BFG games or one of their own favorite bfg games... Pond Friends is all bfg games...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 22, 18 8:30 AM
After this forum closes .... the ONLY way for people to "speak" will be to use the "Get Help" button .....

Do those people who come to the forum after playing the whole game.....who don't read any of the other posts, but post their question: When is the next update? ..... do they really think they will get an answer?

There should be a disclaimer placed on the first page ..... We do not know when will be the next update.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Apr 22, 18 8:43 AM
Annelliegram wrote:After this forum closes .... the ONLY way for people to "speak" will be to use the "Get Help" button .....

Do those people who come to the forum after playing the whole game.....who don't read any of the other posts, but post their question: When is the next update? ..... do they really think they will get an answer?

There should be a disclaimer placed on the first page ..... We do not know when will be the next update.

you're the fairy godmother, you're suppose to have that all-seeing answer....

JUST KIDDING.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA .....

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 22, 18 3:03 PM
I think it should be stickied on the 1st page, right under the post about the forum closing, that NO ONE knows when the next update will be!!!
That's all you need - a thread title saying just that! How about it mods? Could cut down on a lot of repetitive inquiries ……

Go to: