togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

[Post New]by togood2be on Jul 29, 10 3:53 PM
Way too much chatter for me, maybe tomorrows will be better.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Jul 29, 10 8:50 PM
Way too much dialogue. Simple mini-games. Not much to recommend this one. It's a no-buy for me.

kat52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kat52 on Jul 29, 10 11:01 PM
Waaaayyyy to much dialogue,to much clicking to get through it!!

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on Jul 30, 10 12:51 PM
Waaaay too much dialogue for me. If there was even a 'Skip' button to blow past that, I'd have enjoyed it. Because of that, meh - didn't even finish the 1-hour trial. Not buying this one... :,( saaaad.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jul 30, 10 6:53 PM
Ok...I'm going to share one thing...

LOVE THE DIALOG!!!

The designers actually coughed up more than 30 cents and got a DECENT voice actor! This is one of my pet peeves in a game, and can make me want to throw my computer up against the wall...especially if I can't convert to "read only" mode.

And I like the music too!

So, unless this thing turns out unbearably horrible later, this will be my insomniac pleasure tonight. Thanks, BF!

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Jul 30, 10 7:01 PM
Not for me. I dislike intensly the fact that you are 'punshised' with a spinning arrow if you click on more than 2 wrong things! Come on developers! We are not children and dont need to be punished. And only being able to find one extra hint per scene. A definite NO from me!

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Jul 30, 10 7:29 PM
I quite like this game. By coincidence I recently read the story, so it was interesting to read the dialog while the story was fresh in my mind.

But, a lot of the scenes were too dim/foggy for me to find more than about half the objects. With the limited hints, I was peering and squinting way too much, so this will be a no-buy for me

[Post New]by patriciablake on Jul 31, 10 10:22 AM
There are too many objects hidden in a lot of the dark scenes, which use the hints. This could be a better game of the hints were not limited. There is a lot of reading to do, which distracts from the game. Additional hints could be added for new chapters.

BethWi1946
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by BethWi1946 on Jul 31, 10 10:26 AM
After I downloaded the game, it came up half of page of white. Could never get it to load. I deleated it twice and gave up after that

GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GEmory on Jul 31, 10 1:38 PM
I like this game, but you won't if you don't like to read. Fairly easy and straightforward HOG. Something to relax with after a stressful day.

winston1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by winston1 on Aug 1, 10 2:14 AM
the graphics are delightful but i binned it after 30 mins as there was far too much dialogue otherwise i would have bought it am very dissapointed -shame

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Aug 1, 10 7:27 AM
Ok, so I bought the game, for most gamers they most likely won't like the game reasons: too easy and a lot of reading. I bought the game because I liked the story even though I'm against long stories in games. Yes it it is too easy but it will pass time. Just waiting forl the 2 recent CE to come out in the regular versions, I will never buy a CE I do not feel it is worth the money. I have already played and finished all of the other good games.

Well I will get back to my novel now.

Happy Gaming

[Post New]by hortense2000 on Aug 1, 10 10:45 AM
[b]

I loved this game! Yes, there was a lot of dialogue, but the story was still interesting! I did buy it, and glad. Was nice to have a HOG that didn't require me to interact with a lot of other things to get to the next scene. Hope BFG puts out more plain HOG like this!!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 1, 10 3:31 PM
My first love - READING! So I really appreciate the story in this game. It gives us a break from the fast past action games. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back, relax and move at a slower pace.

I also think people who read reviews here before even demoing the game do not give themselves a fair chance. People are all very different, and one person's no, is another person's yes. If you don't play the game for yourself, you'll never know if you would have been a yes instead of a no. And I for one prefer to make my own decisions.

For me, this is definitely a good game and very nice break from dire grove games.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Aug 1, 10 3:38 PM
Wow! Just like the two sides of Jekyll and Hyde the comments fellow fishes have made about this game differ from 'great game' to 'rubbish and boring'. I guess we will all have to make up our own minds about it as there are too many conflicting ideas. As for me? I thought the game was interesting and not too much of a challenge (which I like sometimes). To start with the music made me want to dance the tango and I didn't quite understand how it related to murder in foggy London town...... but I liked it anyway 'cos it made me grin. I kept imagining Spanish dancers would appear from the dark alley or under the archway.
As an avid reader, I didn't mind having to read all the dialogue and storyline but it did take up too much time during the trial period.
I am going to put this one on hold until I make up my mind if I want to buy it but will probably relent and go for it, knowing me!
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x
P.S. I thought Dr Jekyll really looked the part, bags under the eyes and all but hope that he actually appears as Mr Hyde later in the game. He's half way to looking gruesome anyway.

HOGger
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by HOGger on Aug 2, 10 1:38 AM
I'm no IT genius, but I'm sure developers actually put some kind of effort and work into the production of each game. I feel it's kinda mean to dismiss the work of others as "rubbish" or "boring".... If you don't like the game, feel free to move on to another. One man's meat is another man's poison. No reason to be uppity about games that you might find easy. It may be difficult for beginners. And BFG needs to cater to EVERYONE.

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Aug 2, 10 1:54 PM
Cater to everyone is fine but many of the objects were extremely difficult to see. It was dark and foggy and I even after clicking the hint it was impossible to distinguish some of the footprints or other objects in what was circled. The minigames had little to no istructions and several seemed to have no point. So not really a beginner game in that respect although much of it was very easy. I also echo the comments on too much dialogue that had to be clicked on to advance.

chooky35
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chooky35 on Aug 3, 10 2:09 AM
Sorry BFG...I have to also agree with the rest of the responses...boring

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 3, 10 5:19 AM
While the graphics on this one are OK and London scenes are nice, I didn't enjoy playing the game. It was too easy for me and no challenge or interaction with things.

It's a good game for younger ages.

I didn't like the excessive dialogue you had to click through. A little less would've been better.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Aug 17, 10 6:26 AM
I was looking forward to this game because of the title...love those murder mysteries in foggy old England etc. Great book written about that time too. Which is why I liked the game. I'm still not sure about buying it...gotta firgure out if I'm almost at the finish after the 60 minutes.
The graphics seem well done. They were well drawn and painted, appropriate to the time,,,yes very grey, but so is London. If they'd done one in Scotland it would have been darker and wetter.
The plot was fine..I also got a little tired of all that clicking and wished that there was a verbal option so I could sit back with a glass and listen to the voices. Just a thought, developers.
The minigames were easy..which I loved for awhile after some of these games lately, I actually understood them...but then they became TOO easy. There is some work to be done there.
The music didn't bother me, didn't turn it off, but different loops per scene would have been nice. Sound effects of the Thames...water lapping, rates squeaking, whatever, would have improved the quality of the game. Again, just a suggestion that no one will read.
So, in general,,3 stars....maybe a buy when it is 2.99.
kris_cross

Go to: