Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Carolest on Jul 31, 10 10:46 PM
I'm really not sure about this game. I got 40 mins into the demo before the "trial" ended, so played the left over 20 mins on difficult mode. It seemed alright, the hidden object scenes were good, some easy objects to find, and some more challenging (which I like), but it just didn't hook me. It didn't give me enuf story to reel me into buying, so I will think about this for a while.

kidxsol
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by kidxsol on Jul 31, 10 11:37 PM
FANTASTIC GAME,, took me most of the day,,, Good story line and excellent graphics. The bonse game was not short,, really like it thanks again...

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 1, 10 12:34 AM
I do agree with Momshere about historical realism, I though "Oh, no" when I was asked to find a pen in front of the castle and it turned out to be a quill... Good sense of humour there. Now I'm off to play the extra bit.

greyratt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by greyratt on Aug 1, 10 1:01 AM
I'm with darkdisciple on this one:

darkdisciple1313 wrote:I had to chuckle over a few of the comments herein, especially about the "lack of logic" in having to accomplish a boat-load of tasks while a young girl was patiently awaiting rescue from a burning house. Here's the thing: logic rarely applies in any type of game, for the simple fact that real life is about 95% boredom interspersed with occasional pauses for action (whatever those might be). Play any kind of role-playing game, even modern ones, and you will have to set logic aside, especially when you are able to pause the game to put together a new weapon while a nine-headed sea monster is apparently drumming its clawed-fingers on the shoreline waiting for you to get done. In real life, of course, you'd be lunch.

In this game, one should not think overmuch about logic. After all, how is it "logical" that one could talk to a ghost in a cemetery, enter a portal, go back in time, and save a young girl from a fire in which she's already died? Ain't much logic in that little scenario.
Or, to quote a character in a book I read many moons ago: "Logic? Feh!"

Cause, whoa. I mean, really people? Really? It's a game and a fake girl in a fake burning house, in a game...I don't know about you, but I play games to escape reality.

TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Aug 1, 10 2:18 AM
Wow! What a beautifully produced and fun game.

How it plays is the most important aspect of any game, but it's the details that make this one shine. Objects are well hidden but no cheating - scenes are clear and bright, every item is obvious after you find it. Mini-games are unique and require some thinking. Inventory puzzles make sense and don't overlap. You're not running around to find a glass cutter to break glass while you are holding a hammer that would work just as well. I got through the demo in 25 minutes but judging from the first chapter, this game will be 6 hours of play not counting the extras.

There are all these little extras, too. The hidden object list is on three tombstones. When you find all the objects on the stone, it slides away. For those of us who like to find items in order, it's a very nice touch. If you're standing in a hallway with many doors, you can mouse over a door to open it and see the room behind it, without having to go into the room. It keeps you from going into a bathroom when you wanted the study. Really cuts down on needless wandering around.

A these nice little features feel like they were added by someone who is just as hooked on Adventure HOGS as I am. They didn't just make a great game with gorgeous graphics, terrific voice acting and a superb story, they took the time to fine-tune the genre.

I have only one quibble, they didn't adjust it for wide screen. Once again, I'm left wondering how great it would look if it wasn't slightly stretched out. Hopefully wide-screen monitors will become common enough that designers will take them into consideration.

Other than that, I'm very impressed. This is the first time in a long while that I haven't been disappointed by a CE,

Biedermia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Biedermia on Aug 1, 10 3:41 AM
Really an amazing game in every aspect. Just the right amount of hidden object scenes and long enough so you feel you definitely got your value for the price. I found it just challenging enough to keep me entertained and breaking it up into three story lines made it interesting and different. There was not too much going "back and forth" for it to be annoying and the Strategy Guide is right at your finger tips if you need a little help without having to exit the game or even leave your current screen. I would definitely give it five stars and I buy almost every hidden object and time management game the moment they are released and usually find most boring and easy.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 1, 10 5:01 AM
I got a kick out of how professional the voice of the girls' father was (above his grave in the cemetery). Sounds like his day job is announcing the Wide World Of Sports or pitching Audi cars.

[Post New]by minniesamson on Aug 1, 10 5:55 AM
This is one of my favorite games. Thank you so much.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Aug 1, 10 9:41 AM
I'm tired of giving bad reviews so I am pleased that this was an awesome game. Everything was well done and I finished the demo with 20 minutes left of playing time. I really cannot afford to spend the extra $$ for the CE so I will wait for the 6.99 edition to come out.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 1, 10 10:27 AM
I really love this one. Good problem solving, great graphics and I like the story line. I haven't tried the strategy guide yet. Definitely a buy for me. Thanks

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Aug 1, 10 1:41 PM
I loved this great game!!! If you loved Puppetshow, Dark Tales, Steve the Sheriff so you love this one as well. It is from the same developers!!!! When I see ERS game studios I know it buy for me!!! Thanks BFG and ERS!!!!!

kmoar5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kmoar5 on Aug 1, 10 3:47 PM
Great game. This one was definitely worth the $19.95. It was basically 4 games in one and took a while to get through. I hate it when you spend the money and you finish the game in an hour. This one took several hours to complete and the game play was great. Keep making more like this one!

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Aug 1, 10 5:00 PM
i played this one over a period of 3 days.. loved it. & am still on the extra content.. more like this one BF..

Mule2000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mule2000 on Aug 1, 10 6:54 PM
Good game! I swear every time I buy another CE that that will be the LAST CE because they never seem to be worth it nor can I get satisfactory tech help other than I need a new video card (not going to happen-no job, must feed horse and two mules.) WELL, this one was worth it. The main game was fun but the Novellas digressed from the first good, solid story to more than a little silly with the warewolf story. HOWEVER, the extra game more than made up for it and was better than many of the Big Fish Games I've played lately.
The extra game made me, especially the "burned at the stake" and the lovers spirits coming together.
I worry that so many of these games are produced and provided by people from Russia or former USSR countries. I guess the cold war still runs through my blood, but darn-it, they've come up with a few decent games these past months.

[Post New]by solsoma on Aug 2, 10 12:16 AM
The best of the best....; this game is awesome, just love it..

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Aug 2, 10 12:24 AM
I paid full price for this one. Not much else to offer that I haven't already played. Good clear graphics, but just too dark. DARK, CLICK, DARK, CLICK. Hidden objects in every black area and very small. I just clicked around aimlessly and watched tv until I couldn't find anything else and used the hints for the rest. Not enough puzzles. Story pretty good and liked I had to go back and forth between areas multiple times. Some activities were difficult to figure out what to do next. I loved having the strategy guide at a click of a button. Helped take me to the next area. Got really tired of going to the same hunt and click areas. Pretty boring. It's a pretty good game, but just soooooooo dark. Of course, it is a cemetary with ghosts and goblins hey?

[Post New]by cajunmac on Aug 2, 10 8:23 AM
what do i put under the door to catch the key just started the game

Lmrb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Lmrb on Aug 2, 10 10:30 AM
This is absolutely one of the best games I have played. I usually always select the "expert" mode so it is even more difficult. Had to use the strategy guide a few times even though I hate doing it, but great game!! I would love to see more of these. I thought Return to Ravenhearst was the best but this one out does it in my opinion. Give me more!!!!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 2, 10 10:30 AM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:I had to chuckle over a few of the comments herein, especially about the "lack of logic" in having to accomplish a boat-load of tasks while a young girl was patiently awaiting rescue from a burning house. Here's the thing: logic rarely applies in any type of game, for the simple fact that real life is about 95% boredom interspersed with occasional pauses for action (whatever those might be). Play any kind of role-playing game, even modern ones, and you will have to set logic aside, especially when you are able to pause the game to put together a new weapon while a nine-headed sea monster is apparently drumming its clawed-fingers on the shoreline waiting for you to get done. In real life, of course, you'd be lunch.

In this game, one should not think overmuch about logic. After all, how is it "logical" that one could talk to a ghost in a cemetery, enter a portal, go back in time, and save a young girl from a fire in which she's already died? Ain't much logic in that little scenario.

Or, to quote a character in a book I read many moons ago: "Logic? Feh!"

Actually my biggest complaint about the lack of logic is this: I have played many adventure games where you CAN use logic to figure out what you need to do next. Not so with this one. What would have led me to believe I needed to repair the fuse box in order to turn the power off? If it needs repairing isn't it already off?

[Post New]by PurpleFan55 on Aug 2, 10 11:37 AM
Haven't been able to get the vault open either. The marks around the 4 are skewed and not in alignment. Are others like that?

Go to: