JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Aug 7, 10 7:01 PM
I absolutely LOVED Enlightenus, and have been looking forward to another game from the same group for a very long time. I was not disappointed by Enlightenus II. I was mesmerized! Loved everything about it. Way to go!! MORE PLEASE!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 7, 10 9:29 PM
Great graphics and interesting story. For some reason I don't think it is as good as the first one though. I am very glad to see the offer of the free game with the collector's edition. Unfortunately, I already own it so I'll give the CE a miss. I'm at the moment undecided about the regular version. I'll wait until it comes out to make a decision.

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Aug 7, 10 11:11 PM
I like this game. The graphics are great, the music is good and the search for the e cards gives it a kick to the hidden object search. It isn't one of those that you have no clue what you are supposed to be doing like some of the other games BF has come out with. I haven't played the original Enlightenus- but I will wait on this one until it is 6.99. The wall paper and bonus games don't really interest me.

[Post New]by fishcherry on Aug 7, 10 11:39 PM
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
I swear I love this game! It's as good as the Briar Rose game heh. Love the graphics, the whole storyline. It's different from the usual kind of adventure game? The whole figure-out-where-this-object-goes thing is fun, plus, the doodle riddle thing too. It's so cute. It's a really good game, and if anyone's actually thinking of buying this game, he/she should just go ahead. It'll be a great buy

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 8, 10 7:33 PM
so i wanted to wait until i really sank my teeth into this one... then i just got carried away!

i was really happy with my purchase - the extra quest to fix the clock tower, learning what came of things after the show was over... mayan princess is a great add-on since i never purchased it, and i liked the whole 'riddle' thing... the extra puzzles and the elusive sneak peek... i skipped a puzzle and forgot to look for those blasted 'E' cards in at least a dozen scenes! but i will go back and beat this thing fair and square, just you watch!

i loved the graphics in this one - and couldn't help but think someone at blue tea has a thing for art deco after playing both 'enlightenus' games... the light and airy feel of the tower was almost enough to stop me from asking how we were getting through some of these doors and wondering just how big was the tower anyway? but the story was the rock in the center of it all... changing time to make time work, making time work to change not the past or the future, but to change the present - to ensure a real and current NOW...

i wonder what i would do if it were my last chance... i wonder what i would do if i were the one asked to fix time... and who knows if someday it will come to that...

ok, too much thinking, more PLAY!

ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ewartman on Aug 9, 10 7:21 AM
I beta'd this one a few months ago, without ever having heard of Enlightenus. I loved it and kept sniffing back around to look for it's release. I have since played some of the first game since but this sequel seems to be superior.
Too excited to type, gotta go PLAY!

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Aug 9, 10 10:11 AM
Like a good book, I was sorry to have this game end. It was entertaining on so many levels. The graphics are excellent. The music lovely to listen to. The story was good, and the puzzles were fun because they were original. I wasn't successful in getting 99 "Enlightenus" cards, but am tempted to go back to try again.
A wonderful game which was definitely worth the price of the Collector's Edition with the extra chapter added to the mix. I will definitely purchase Enlightenus III.
Thank you developers & thank you Big Fish.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Aug 9, 10 12:35 PM
I agree with some of you regarding the price. I don't think I want to pay 19.99 for any game. And, what's up with these Collector's Edition games. It seems as if that is all they are bringing us now. I much prefer the regular games and I'm willing to pay 6.99 if they are worth my money or my credits. Please, keep making regular games at the regular price. Or, better yet, make both...for those fishes that won't mind paying 20.00. I can't see myself spending that much money for a game, I have to watch my money these days, besides, I don't want to load my computer with so much stuff, the game is taking enough space as it is. Sorry, but these are my feelings. I really enjoy BFG and this is the only place I buy my games at. Thanks.

[Post New]by Alienintheship on Aug 9, 10 8:27 PM
i did not like this game at all unfortunately. imo it was boring. i am looking forward to more games like "Redemption cemetery : curse of the raven" or "mystery case files: dire grove", now those games were fun!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 10, 10 12:30 AM
I was so excited when I saw this CE released, I only played 5 mins of the trial before buying it. I so regret my hastiness! I find it monotonous in the extreme.
I play for 10 minutes then have to do a different game to alleviate the boredom..
Graphics great, but don't feel it was worth the extra money. Never found this with a CE before...always enjoyed them and the extra game play.
Also, I have to mute it as I jump out of my skin every time I place an item, especially if I accidentally find the right place for an object!
Over and over same thing, different place........
Not an adventure game, more a plain HOG in reverse. Place items instead of finding them.

beadguru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by beadguru on Aug 10, 10 12:47 AM
Wouldn't know - paid for the CE but haven't been able to get it to download after two tries it's said "saving game" for three days - disapointing.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Aug 10, 10 4:57 AM
The first part of the game much, but this version is much worse. Do not like CW scenes, it is difficult to find items. Do not recommend.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 11, 10 7:37 AM
not as good as the first , will wait for the $6.99 version

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Aug 11, 10 8:43 AM
I am not big on CE games but this one really got my interest. I buying it. I liked the first Enlightenus. This has good graphics and the music is not bad. The exras I hope make it worth it.

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Aug 11, 10 7:41 PM
This is game is not for me, will not buy it .

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 13, 10 8:29 AM
Wow, does this game have a variety of opinions, from one to five stars and thumbs-up to thumbs-down! I'm in the five-star, thumbs-up camp. I tried the demo earlier this AM and was awed by the graphics, the soothing (yet somewhat haunting) music, the game cursor (works just like the system one only more ornate), the voice acting, and especially the premise of the storyline. "Blue Tea" seems to have gone to great lengths to bring us several authentic scenarios as we travel through time.

The game does present quite a twist from the classic hidden-object types--instead of discovering items from a laundry list, it's time to "put" items back into the scene where they belong. While this does involve selecting an inventory thingy and scrolling around the scene to "logically" find its target, I thought this was a bit better use of the "little gray cells." The mini-challenges are fun and amusing--black-and-white almost "stick-figure" cartoons with actions to do (in the right order, of course). Hints are rechargeable and can be "sped up" by finding devilishly-hidden "E" cards--good luck on that one! (Apparently, finding all those will open up bonus play.) I got the CE--not that I need all the bells and whistles, but a built-in (no going to the main menu) strategy guide and the extra game ("Forgotten Riddles--The Mayan Princess") are plusses. Nothing negative about this one.

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 8:31:27 AM PST

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Aug 15, 10 11:23 PM
I liked this game, but I didn't love it. I don't think it really compares to two other collector's editions that I've played lately, Echoes of the Past and Redemption Cemetary. For me, it's an issue of gameplay. The graphics are gorgeous, the storyline is great, but it reminded me a LOT of my loathed Forgotten Riddles games, and lo and behold, it's from the same developers. It was fun at first, but after awhile there is a limit to my patience for having to drag my cursor slowly across my screen reading every description to find the right place for an item.

I will say the bonus game is fairly substantial, so if you like the demo, at least you're going to get enough to make the CE worthwhile. You get a bonus area that lasts as long as one of the other areas, 3 extra minigames, and a bonus Forgotten Riddles game. If you consider that a plus. I didn't get enough E cards to view the preview of the next Enlightenus game, and truthfully don't feel too excited about it.

I make it sound like I hated the game, which is not true. I just got tired of it after awhile. It felt more like work than play.

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 11:24:12 PM PST

tzpdx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by tzpdx on Aug 16, 10 3:38 PM
This game wasn't my cup of tea, playstyle-wise, but I was so impressed with the beautiful graphics and unique take on the hidden object mechanic that I had to come post about it.
I hope it's a long game so that people can experience the really lush environments for as long as possible!

Though it's not the sort of thing I HAVE to buy RIGHT NOW, it was so pretty that I will keep it in mind when I'm bored of the games I usually play and am looking for something a little different.

fish4game
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by fish4game on Aug 27, 10 12:52 AM
Comics minigames made this game for me! What was a surprise for me when there was more such games in the additional content. They are soooooo great!!!

Thanks

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Sep 3, 10 3:41 PM
This was a beautiful game, truly well made in every way, with a lovely soundtrack and nice story. However, I did not enjoy it as much as I had anticipated - I remember really loving the first one. I think it was because the matching of objects, while a nice change from typical hidden objects, became a bit repetitive with the amount of times scenes were visited and this kept me from being truly immersed in the game. I know the game play was similar in the first Enlightenus, but because this game was longer, I felt there were too many of those object matching scenes and not enough of the tower exploration - which was the part I enjoyed the most - it was beautiful. I also really liked many of the puzzles, in particular the sketch puzzles - they were different and lots of fun. I hope the developers will create more exploration and have less matching scenes in Enlightenus 3 - it looks like it will take place in a castle, which I'm sure will be beautiful.

Overall, this was a very high quality game that I would recommend to those who appreciate lovely graphics and imaginative puzzles.

Go to: