Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate

[Post New]by pepitogo26 on Aug 11, 10 7:26 PM
[removed by moderator] It has absolutely NO challanges at all! The hints recharge in about ten seconds so there is no need to gather ANY lightning bolts to increase the amount of hints. Using the hints, it takes absolutely no brains to determine how to solve ANYTHING whatsoever! The bottom line is this is the most unrewarding game I have played in a long time because it doesn't require any amount of IQ to reach any conclusion ... whatever conclusion the creators had in mind. I did buy it so I have no one to blame but myself for that. Shame on me!! However, NO MORE SAMANTHAS FOR ME!!!

Edited on 08/19/2010 at 10:13:22 AM PST

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Aug 12, 10 11:36 AM
[removed by moderator] Maybe, just maybe, the rest of us Samantha Swift fans still enjoy curling up (like a good book) with familar characters and enough challenge to make this game interesting and enjoyable! They all don't have to be "pull your hair out" frustratingly difficult to like, you know.

For the rest of the Samantha Swift fans, this one is a "no-brainer", pardon the pun. If you've played any of these in the past - you'll enjoy this one, too!

Edited on 08/19/2010 at 10:21:15 AM PST

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Aug 13, 10 7:26 AM
I was excited when this game came up because I have enjoyed the series until this one. It seems very hard to find the spot to use your inventory items. The objects are hard to find as well. It's even hard to find the swifts and lightening bolts. Many of the clues are much too obscure. For example a suitcase behind you. HUH! I got that by accidently clicking on the wrong thing. Writers are trying to be much too cutesy. This will be the first Samantha Swift that I pass up. Maybe I will be more in the mood when it comes up as a DD but for now it's a pass for me.

jemsee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by jemsee on Aug 13, 10 7:48 AM
As has been stated Sam's games are pure HOG.
Some puzzles but mostly hunt and search for items.
Easy? Maybe, but sometimes I like a game that is just a nice
diversion where I dont have to get married to it.

I own all the SS games, and like many others bought this one sight unseen.
First day it came out, no CE just good gaming.
In fact Sam was one of the first I bought and what got me into BF.

I say each to their own, there are many games for different levels of players.
I like HOGs mostly and play many different ones.
Sam is a fav and will always be.

The 4th installment is a bit different, and it did take a little to warm up to it.
But after playing a few scenes got right into it.

I enjoyed "making Sam smile" by completing the tasks.

>Spoiler<
use this link to see the different icons of Sam from the 4 games.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e187/Jemsee2/SwiftPics2.jpg

Jem~

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 13, 10 10:18 AM
I don't have anything negative to say about this game. It was good but not something that keep me hanging to the point of me purchasing this right away . I love all the Samamatha Swift games, but this didn't push me over the edge. Mayber for the DD special, I may purchase.

[Post New]by lhw1948 on Aug 14, 10 7:53 AM
I AM STUCK AT THE FIGS CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?? I CAN'T FIND THE LAST FOUNTAIN SO I GO TO THE FIG GAME BUT IT TELLS ME I NEED MORE FIGS, WHEN I GO BACK I DO HAVE 18 FIGS.......WHAT IS GOING ON?? HELP!!

armorsarge
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by armorsarge on Aug 15, 10 7:29 PM
I got to the Bermuda Fig Puzzel- and yes the skip button does come up, I skipped the puzzel went back to main scene- the walk through says water will flow and to put empty cupid into pool-- well the water did not flow and there is no cupid to fill - so stuck at this point. HELP SOMEONE

estobart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by estobart on Aug 17, 10 6:36 AM
Another brill game with Samantha Swift, graphics feel as though you are right with her and the other characters through storm, sun, sea and sand. I love the interaction between objects you find and where they go to advance the game Already played all her other games and enjoyed them very much, playing again and again. Well worth the money though I did use my game credits. Would recommend to any hidden object nut like me. Hope another one is in the pipeline soon. Thanks.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 17, 10 9:51 AM
Ongoldenpond wrote:
pepitogo26 wrote:[removed by moderator] It has absolutely NO challanges at all! The hints recharge in about ten seconds so there is no need to gather ANY lightning bolts to increase the amount of hints. Using the hints, it takes absolutely no brains to determine how to solve ANYTHING whatsoever! The bottom line is this is the most unrewarding game I have played in a long time because it doesn't require any amount of IQ

[removed by moderator]Maybe, just maybe, the rest of us Samantha Swift fans still enjoy curling up (like a good book) with familar characters and enough challenge to make this game interesting and enjoyable! They all don't have to be "pull your hair out" frustratingly difficult to like, you know.

For the rest of the Samantha Swift fans, this one is a "no-brainer", pardon the pun. If you've played any of these in the past - you'll enjoy this one, too!

Oh baby!! LOL Your comments made my day Ongoldenpond - I am still chuckling. I would say that was about 25 cents worth - and amen to you for speaking your mind! LOLOL I just love the forums......

P.S. How long am I going to be a guppy???????? I feel so vulnerable

Edited on 08/19/2010 at 10:20:43 AM PST

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Aug 18, 10 12:49 AM
I ! I adore SS games!! Thank you!
Also, there are a lot of other new interesting games and thanks again for those ( will buy a "dark" one next)
For now however---it's Miss Swift time!
Off to buy now............

Lunachan

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Aug 19, 10 9:34 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Sounds like the fans will like this one. But I couldn't see half the items at all. Glad the hint fills up quickly!!
Maybe at 2.99....or maybe not.
Not a bad game, but not for me.
You all enjoy!

I agree w/you spiritdog, but it looks like we are in the minority I found many items hard to see. Also, I found the entrances/exits from the areas way too irritating with the pulsing glowing bit.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 19, 10 10:22 AM
Hey everyone!

Everyone has different opinions about games, that's what makes the Comments and Reviews thread so great! Let's remember to be respectful when posting as per our FAQ and General Rules.

bfgTigris

Your Comments and Reviews for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate

[Post New]by teach1er on Sep 9, 10 4:58 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by teach1er on Sep 9, 10 5:01 PM
I am on the level with the boat in the water ... looking for 6 coins the sewer pipe shows the gears and the hint tells me that is the right place .. but nothing I have will work ... 8 leaves, 1 key, 1 empty jug and a fuse ... nothing works ... is this another problem ????

[Post New]by greypigeon on Sep 10, 10 1:38 AM
Hello again!

Samantha never failed me before and i enjoyed it this time also but...
...this graphic style is beginning to anoy me! It looks flat and not as rich as the "Midnight Mysteries" for example.

Also HOG and Adventure games are a bit passe for me! I am starting to like TM more and more...

Now bussy playing YoudaSurvivor! ...i am totally hooked!!!

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Sep 12, 10 6:05 PM
Played demo for 30 minutes,this seems to be a straight HOG game. Not enough adventure for me,would maybe purchase at the $2.99

[Post New]by RuthMcSleuth on Sep 13, 10 8:44 AM
The adventures of Samantha Swift have their own logic. In the first chapter of The Fountains of Fate, Samantha is followed on a jet-ski near the beach of Florida and starts searching a wooden house with Aztecs symbols, built by the Spanish conquistador Cortez.
From there Sam dares herself into a swamp, where she discovers a temple built by Cortez and ornamented with a wooden door made by Aztecs. Ten Sam discovers an artifactof the Aztecs in a Spanish galleon that Cortez has abandoned and burned. Then Sam stumbles into a trap built by the Aztecs to stop looters. After you find all the hidden objects there, the villains show op again.
This story arouses questions:.why is Samantha already chased by treasurehunters before she found the treasure? How did Cortez, who conquered Mexico, end up in Florida? How did Sam find out Cortez ever went to Florida? Why would Cortez set fire to his ship, if he has hidden artifacts in it? Why did he want to burn his ship there anyway and how did he return to Mexico? What is the idea of building a trap to stop the Spanish looters after Cortez already looted them? Why didn’t they take the treasure back with them?
And, coming to think of it, why are objects like swinging beds, wrist watches, handsaws and statuettes of a brown bear scattered around a Spanish galleon in Florida?
Halfway the first chapter I was starting to expect to find out that Cortez and the Aztecs had also left their traces in the house of Hemingway, Disney World and Cape Canaveral.

The opening scene of Sam wearing a swimsuit reminded me of a scene in the Hidden Rose of Athena where she appeared in bikini. Compared to young Sam, adult Sam has become plump. She’s supposed to be an athletic treasure hunter who can slip through every tiny hole, not a female wrestler. The new jaw in the cut scenes isn’t an improvement either. In the first three episodes the tracking device worked better: an object on the scanner became red when the cursor was getting close. I miss that in chapter four.

If I may do a request for Samantha five: it is time the Swift-tiles of Sam’s father show up again, draw her waist less plump next adventure and give her the smile and visible ears back, please!

Menorca11
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Menorca11 on Sep 24, 10 7:21 AM
I can't get passed "Cortez Emerald of Judgement". I used the emerald dagger which moved the stone but what then!!!! There is nowhere to go. Stuck, stuck, stuck.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Sep 26, 10 5:32 PM
I've been a fan of the Samantha Swift games in the past, but this game was different. Yes - this game is just like the others - which was fine over the past couple of years. But now it seems sadly outdated - the graphics especially. What worked last year, or a few years ago, doesn't work any more. There are so many high quality games out there now that this game reminds me of big companies that were successful in their day but refuse to change with the times.

The pulsing glowing exits drove me crazy as well - to the point that I almost quit the game and asked for my money back.

There's no way I will purchase the next game in the series if it's like this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 8, 10 8:27 AM
I think that the graphics are great. They are clear and beautiful, as always.

I too have a problem with the pulsating exits, but they are not there in every scene - thank the Gods. I love the SS games, and have all the previous ones. However, because (and only because) of the pulsating exits, I hesitated to buy this game. But I may get it at some point anyway.

Go to: