puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 14, 10 10:03 PM
I hope Mumbo Jumbo reads this thread, many glitches consistant with other players. I'm not going to take time to write to CS since I did finish the game and nothing to fix on my pc that I know of. If this game takes more RAM than pcs with just 512 and that's a stretch they should up the sys req. Only other game I ever had access violation was an earlier Sam on a puzzle, and it was fixed.

So what IS going on?? I've got 4 gigs ram on my small laptop, if time to play again on that I'd know if it is a ram problem or bugs in game when inventory items disappear and main page drops graphics and NO EXIT.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Aug 15, 10 2:13 AM
puzzledone wrote: Finally I picked up the item from inventory, held it on pointer while going back through the saloon doors and plunked it where needed and it worked. Just don't let go of the item once you have it. If not, it is gone from inventory when you move to next scene.

This strategy worked for me too. Several times I would have items in inventory in one room, then not in the next room (where I needed them). I finally did the same thing as puzzledone, just hung onto them as I went to the next room. There are also glitches with putting items into inventory when it's full onscreen, and the same thing works at those times too.

It's a shame to have to figure out these workarounds, though!

[Post New]by Nancy1949 on Aug 15, 10 5:04 PM
I appear to be locked up in the saloon with the skeletons. I am on the last blue clue for silver coins which I know is behind the golden birdbut the only tools I show are a stethoscope and the empty cupid statue and niether works on the golden bird. I lost the empty cupid statue for a while but when I kept going back to the scene in front of the saloon, the cupid came back. I m either locked up or I have lost a tool. HELP!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 15, 10 6:47 PM
I've forgotten now what items needed in the saloon, but as posted, going out and grabbing things in tray worked for me holding onto it while going through the saloon door. Have you checked the walkthrough to see what item you need there?

I'm playing it now on my Windows7 laptop with more memory to see if it works on those glitches where my win XP didn't. Not up to the saloon yet, so will post again to see if it remembers inventory that didn't on my pc, different graphics card.

Still can't believe the dev hasn't read and responded to the tech help threads. At LEAST how to exit the game without having to turn off pc and restart cold. Or why the options on main page disappear when you go to it finishing the game to get out. NO Quit option.

Edited on 08/15/2010 at 6:48:28 PM PST

[Post New]by BarbJones1952 on Aug 15, 10 7:28 PM
AFlowers wrote:Fig Puzzle:

On the fig puzzle, I got all 18 figs. When I go to the puzzle, it only shows 15 figs. When I start working the puzzle, it says that I do not have enough figs. If I pick up a fig, the game may throw it away and decrease the count.

I would skip the puzzle, but there does not appear to be any way to skip it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Im having the same problem.......where do you get help for this problem?

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Aug 16, 10 4:55 AM
Still waiting for a solution. BFG is aware of the problem, but has not yet provided a solution.

[Post New]by moonstar727 on Aug 16, 10 2:52 PM
my problem is with solomons water...got the cupid, filled it from the waterfall, and it disappeared from inventory. I am tired of waiting for a fix,,,off to email cs...

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 16, 10 3:29 PM
Okay, played on my laptop with Win7, ample ram, different graphics card AMD (Intel on the pc). I did get through the saloon scene and others without dropped inventory this time. But the walkthrough saying use the stethoscope on the safe, there was no safe. I left and went to other locations and did their stuff, returned to the saloon and there was the safe on the wall so was able to open that. Was too sleepy to continue to the fig thing, long way to go.

One thing though, I wasn't getting the gears or blue on key items but a red cursor and when I clicked the right item with inventory one out came RED sparkles as it fell out. I went back to change cursor but no difference so went back to custom. On the laptop small screen there were many items I had to use 2 hints on and lots of random clicking in the area where the flash went, still could see nothing there until I hit the right pixel.

For some reason I keep getting an Adobe Flash 10.1 to upgrade to after some games, which I already have. Don't know which game is tripping that switch, I just keep saying Install again, so maybe that is the culprit. Who knows, all I see is that this game is not player friendly like the first Sam Athena, still one of my most fun to replay, this has been a struggle.Needs a rebuild IMOas they did for the last one with a puzzle glitch.

Sunny8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Sunny8 on Aug 16, 10 6:29 PM
I see several people have had the same problem that I am having.
The error "Panic error in file" when trying to enter the labyrith. However, I didn't see any suggestions or fixes for this. Can any one help me

starkops
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by starkops on Aug 17, 10 9:30 PM
I had no problem playing with the game downloaded from [removed by moderator] website. Those who had problems with BFG, maybe you want to try the game trial from over there instead.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 9:33:30 AM PST

supra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by supra on Aug 18, 10 9:17 AM
I just downloaded it from [removed by moderator] too and it worked perfectly. I have been getting access violation on quite a few games lately on big fish but the games play fine from other sites.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 9:34:05 AM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Aug 18, 10 1:31 PM
I have downloaded the trial of this game and all went well until I attempted to put the 'crank' into the well arm in order to wind up the 'hook'. Nothing happened. The crank immediately returned to its place. I then came out of the game, after several abortive attempts and went into the 'walk through' which told me to do what I had been attempting to do all along. After several attempts at doing what the walk through instructed I have given up.
Please let me know what I have to do to proceed any further or is it a technical fault?
I need help PLEASE!
In anticipation, Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by Ginlee on Aug 19, 10 1:38 AM
Tech issue???bug????glich????figs won't work no matter how many times I have tried.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 19, 10 7:38 AM
I was by the middle of the game yesterday. Today, I find myself at the beginning. So I have to start it over? Why? Is it because of the new Game Manager? Frankly, not funny, not funny at all. Does it mean I have to complete the game in one session? Come on, BF, these things are happening more and more frequently!

fudgem
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by fudgem on Aug 19, 10 11:34 AM
I found the dancer, put her in position, the drawer opened and I put the star in position, and got the 'exit to Jerusalem' when I had to exit the game

Came back to it tonight and the dancer is on the box, the drawer is open but the star has disappeared and it tells me I still have to find the dancer, who is there in plain sight. Can't go back and can't go forward

I too installed the new game manager last night and wonder if this is the cause of the problem? Is it possible to roll back to the previous games manager?

It seems I will have to start the game again from scratch to get out of this

Edited on 08/19/2010 at 11:38:08 AM PST

[Post New]by zanadupam on Aug 19, 10 11:54 AM
been playing the game for 3 days Brilliant , then tonight i get a box pops up saying main Lua Error 150 attempt to index global profile manager ( a nil value )

i am gutted i was really loving the game

i uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same

anyone help please

[Post New]by jude17 on Aug 20, 10 12:10 PM
I'm in King Solomon's mine. When I opened the water fall, my cupid disappeared. I'm stuck. What do I do?

paco003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by paco003 on Aug 22, 10 6:33 AM
can anyone tell us how much longer before we can get through the fig puzzle, tired of having game i can't play!

[Post New]by ctc53787 on Aug 22, 10 9:37 AM
I am also having issues with items disapearing from the inventory, now I'm stuck and I have to start over. What a waste!

[Post New]by redrobin1 on Aug 23, 10 9:02 AM
I was able to get through most of the game with no problems. when I get to the part about the maze Everything locks up and won't go any farther. Have tried everything and nothing seems to work. The game runs fine to that point. Am unable to finish the game.

Is there an update for the game?

Thanks

Go to: