Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven technical issues here only

[Post New]by sacnfox on Aug 27, 10 9:24 PM
I have the 4172 code but cannot get the safe to open. Checked the Walkthrough instructions and have done everything correctly. Any advice?

[Post New]by whiteheart400 on Aug 28, 10 8:02 AM
I've started playing this game three times. When I try to pick up where I ended. It says my game is corrupt. And I have to start over. Three times. I'm getting tired of saving the little girl from the burning house!!!!!!!!!!! My games are not corrupt when I play anything else. What's up????????

Amois
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Can't Repair Winch Motor in the Attic

[Post New]by Amois on Aug 28, 10 9:48 AM
Repaired the motor but didn't have the wire...got the wire and came back, but now can't get back into the screen to add it to the motor. I know this is a common bug, but it's super annoying and a patch needs to be created asap to fix it. This is the second game that I've played recently with a problem like this - VERY ANNOYING...

Deba62
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
28,060 Posts

[Post New]by Deba62 on Aug 28, 10 1:08 PM
whiteheart400 wrote:I've started playing this game three times. When I try to pick up where I ended. It says my game is corrupt. And I have to start over. Three times. I'm getting tired of saving the little girl from the burning house!!!!!!!!!!! My games are not corrupt when I play anything else. What's up????????

Same here only I have gotten all the way the end of first chapter 5 times I have uninstalled & reinstalled. Any suggestions??? TY

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Aug 28, 10 1:18 PM
What's the point of filing this report? I checked back into the collectors edition reviews and the game error concerning the winch was known shortly after the collectors edition came out. Yet two weeks later the standard edition was allowed to come out knowing that clitch was there. Not cool and very frustrating.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 1:20:15 PM PST

[Post New]by sheltiestar on Aug 28, 10 1:22 PM
I am in the office trying to take the screws off the hinges. The first one came off fine. Now when I try to take the other 3 off, the screwdriver just goes back into inventory. Is this a glitch and what do I do if it is. I can't use to door panel and can't finish the game.

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Hinges in the office

[Post New]by neola on Aug 28, 10 2:52 PM
The screwdriver will automatically remove both of the screws from the door side of the cabinet. You then have to place the screwdriver on the top hinge to finish removing the door. That one sort of boggled my mind for a second until sanity kicked in and I realized I didn't have to totally remove the hinges just to take off the door. I'm still pondering the bucket in the dumb waiter when there are several buckets lying in the kitchen, but oh, well. Doesn't matter since it crashed on me in the second site with my save file kaput. I uninstalled it and want to give it some time before DL again and braving that smoky house to save that girl.

garhawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven - Corrupt File

[Post New]by garhawk on Aug 28, 10 3:12 PM
I was playing the 2nd novella when the game suddenly stopped playing. When I restarted, it told me that my saved game file was corrupted! This is very frustrating because now I have to start all over and it took a while to finish the first one. Has anybody else had this problem?

xidcrikit
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by xidcrikit on Aug 28, 10 9:16 PM
Was on the 3rd novella almost thru and all the sudden had a problem. Windows was checking the reason than it said my game was corrupted. Logged back in and it said because my game was corrupted had to start over sheees!!!!

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven - Corrupt File

[Post New]by neola on Aug 29, 10 3:02 PM
garhawk wrote:I was playing the 2nd novella when the game suddenly stopped playing. When I restarted, it told me that my saved game file was corrupted! This is very frustrating because now I have to start all over and it took a while to finish the first one. Has anybody else had this problem?

Yep, several people have had this same problem, in different places in the game. I too was in the 2nd story when the same thing happened to me. It's a fantastic game, but that save file corruption thing just doesn't cut it. Earlier in this forum there are some posted suggestions that I plan to print out and try later on. I don't think the problem has anything to do with any of my drivers being out of date.

PS, It's on #4 of the posts and comes from the moderator bfgArnoStyx. Involves downloading Dr. Felix to get a snapshot of what's happening when the game crashes and the save file is corrupt. Now my luck will be that I'll do the download and be ready for another crash/no save file situation but everything will go just fine all the way to the end of the game. OH, HOW I WISH!

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 3:09:16 PM PST

graciethecat
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by graciethecat on Aug 30, 10 8:07 AM
Hey All, Just wanted to let you know that Im having the same problem with corrupted file. Did anyone find a solution? Really want to finish the game. Thanks

nannanow
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nannanow on Aug 30, 10 8:19 AM
I had to uninstall, reboot and reinstall twice before I could begin to play. The cursor kept freezing up and a lot of the the scenes were rediculously dark. Developers, please keep in mind that there are a lot of senior citizens out here who enjoy playing your games. The lighter areas of your Hidden Object scenes are challenging enough for some of us. Is it really necessary to make us click all over the black areas in hopes of finding an object by accident?! I'm sure that even the younger fishies would agree. Please lighten up your games so that those of us who buy them can have a more enjoyable gaming experience!

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 8:22:51 AM PST

[Post New]by booklover1016 on Aug 30, 10 9:30 AM
I keep getting save file corrupted after a exit the game. I uninstalled and downloaded again and still get the message. Any ideas?

graciethecat
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by graciethecat on Aug 30, 10 9:52 AM
I have uninstalled the game but am leery about downloading again. Thanks for the headsup that it didnt work for you. I will probably try anyway but have to go to work now.

relzzup
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by relzzup on Sep 1, 10 7:52 AM
carolinacat wrote:There's a horrible lagtime and slowness to clicking and getting any reaction, either to changing scenes or doing something, even without the custom cursor.

I give up on it.

relzzup
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by relzzup on Sep 1, 10 7:55 AM
I havea trouble getting my cursor to go to the next scene. It takes forever. I think the games of BFG are getting worse instead of better. Where is a sequel to "Return to Ravenhurst" that was the very best one ever and it seems to be the last.
So I am cancelling my membership, it is getting ridiculous

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Sep 1, 10 4:51 PM
i have tried not just here but on another site to download this game and it just will not happen

i am not a dwark but can any one help

all other BFG load and I have loads of them no probs at all but this one is really bugging me and i want to play
thanx for any help

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Sep 2, 10 7:48 PM
Will there be an updated redemption cemetary correcting the motor in the attic issure? It is too much to start the game over as a new player when the problem is so far into the game. Also, improve the lagging between scenes, please, it gets worst the further into the game.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Sep 2, 10 8:05 PM
Completely frustrated!!! Installed, unistalled, reinstalled this game on two different computers and having the same problem on both computers! I can't get past putting the relic pieces on the chest!!! I hope they come up with a fix for this game soon!

[Post New]by quilter544 on Sep 4, 10 8:36 PM

This sucks I too got stuck with the winch not wired. Come on BF go in and make a patch to fix it. I have spent two days to this point and do not want to start over. Usually don't have a problems like this. What gives?

Go to: