shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows!

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 22, 10 8:16 PM
ibn1984 wrote:The only time I got excited playing this game was when I kept over clicking after beinig so frustrated with this game, and the (bigfoot's hand) grabbed my cursor...

My only real comment is that ibn's comment cracked me up - still chuckling.
I never made it past the game instruction page - the game froze up and had to Task Manager out of there... So I deleted without playing the trial after reading pretty tepid reviews from you here and all of the tech problem posts....

Funny, ibn - thanks for a good Sunday giggle.

[Post New]by MMG4411 on Aug 22, 10 8:36 PM
I can't download the trial game.....I get an error message that tells me this is corrupt. BUMMER

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 10 1:02 AM
I played the game for a good half hour, but didn't like the game enough to even finish the demo. I don't like the graphics - I don't like real images in games anyway - so that's a big minus for me.
Also didn't like the continuing movements of the animal section at the top right above the 'Hint' button - it distracted.

I rather liked the beginning - very spooky and almost scary. But the game on the whole is not what I like, so it's a no-buy for me.

[Post New]by BloodSisters on Aug 23, 10 3:21 AM
Games are all different. I like this one It's nice to play. If games were all the same some people would still complain. I don't get annoyed with the sound it's off and I usually skip the movie so I can't say anything about those. I say for 6.99 you don't have much these day . It's healthier then fast food !!!! Have a nice game everybody .

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 23, 10 5:19 AM
[quote=Chi3165
...I agree completely. And, wouldn't it be a good teaching tool for children! Clean up the recycles, take care of animals, don't let them starve!...

It seems to me that this game is teaching kids to let the animals suffer until they need something then they can toss them a treat and forget them until next time. Sorry, but i just can't stand this. I also hate all the suffering animal photos and stories that I have to see when i receive mailings from animal help/support groups. I used to give regularly to a National Animal rescue group but the mailings from them were horrific. When i wrote and asked them to quit sending those horrible photos, they added my name to the list again and I began getting two mailings instead of one

Yes, it's just a Game, sadly, animal suffering is NOT a game and never stops.

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 5:21:15 AM PST

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

Re:Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Aug 23, 10 8:37 AM
gimmegames wrote:

As for the guinea pig, can you say "euthanasia"... Hated the constant critter cam distraction. So far there's no sense to that part of the game - reminds me of folks "freeing" farmed mink into the wild where they're not natural - so the mink end up killing the local desired species...

Might be a likable game, once a person figured out how to minimize the parts they don't like - for instance, I don't know how often the animals need to be tended to, or what if you ignore them and just play your hidden object game.

Had to agree with you on this one. "Euthanasia" huh? I when I saw that one. As some have said, it starts out pretty good with the news, comedy and graphics imho - but after that the game treats you like a moron with no chance to be challenged. I really wanted to like this game but I guess I'm too old for it.

bstjnck
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bstjnck on Aug 23, 10 9:34 AM
Hi all, could someone tell me where i find the diagram puzzle, in the room where all the monitors are located, that is the only thing in that room, i managed to get all the items and turn on the monitors, and just have diagram puzzle to do but can't find folders that the hint tells me to find...thanks

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Aug 23, 10 10:35 AM
I had so much trouble playing this game that I just gave up in the end. It took forever to load and then it would just freeze up when I tried to pick up inventory items.
What a waste of time!

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Aug 23, 10 10:52 AM
One of the worst games ever, defenitily not worth the money.

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Aug 23, 10 11:28 AM
cyndrap wrote:I have to agree a no buy for me

I agree, a no buy for me. Game is very slow to load, moves slowly, video runs very slowly, then pixelates (is that a word?) then froze. I deleted it right away. It just wasn't worth my time, especially after just playing Redemtion Cemetary!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Aug 23, 10 2:13 PM
I have to disagree with most of you. I ran this on Windows 7 with no issues. It worked perfectly.

I enjoyed all the cheese in the videos, it has some nice different mini-games. Quite a relaxing game to play.

kathymably
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kathymably on Aug 23, 10 5:07 PM
Sorry Guys, but I have to agree with all of the comments. I got fed up taking care of that guinea pig! And the dialogue is not good at all. Not up to par with the more recent hidden object games. This is a no go for me.

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Aug 23, 10 5:16 PM
I find the game entertaining, but also a bit frustrating from time to time. Right now I feel like one of those morons spoken about...lol. I read about trying to remove the final footprints from the chair if I righted the chair first by clicking to the left and slightly down. I tried that, than to the right thinking perhaps the advice was for a straight on look, but nothing worked, so tried every square inch of the chair and nope...footprints still there So, um...can somebody please help this old lady hmmmm?????

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 23, 10 5:47 PM
Some Graphics are way too small and my clicking takes a while to register. Sometimes I have to click on something several times in order for the item to be collected - so the Game is SLOW.

This Game had potential but all in all I found it very disappointing. You come closer and closer to catching Bigfoot but you never do! Definitely NOT spooky enough and those "animal laboratory" scenes were a bit disturbing - that is definitely something I could have done without.

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 5:48:24 PM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 23, 10 5:49 PM
heidie0 wrote:I find the game entertaining, but also a bit frustrating from time to time. Right now I feel like one of those morons spoken about...lol. I read about trying to remove the final footprints from the chair if I righted the chair first by clicking to the left and slightly down. I tried that, than to the right thinking perhaps the advice was for a straight on look, but nothing worked, so tried every square inch of the chair and nope...footprints still there So, um...can somebody please help this old lady hmmmm?????

You have to remove them using the 'Sponge' in your Inventory.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 23, 10 6:32 PM
Have to agree with others...thumbs down on this one and I was looking forward to playing it. It is all over the place and not worth the money.

[Post New]by fishcherry on Aug 24, 10 3:04 AM
Personally this game was a disappointment. It was so laggy & although the storyline was interesting the graphics & gameplay didn't quite reach my expectations. Plus, the whole keep-the-animals-super-happy-for-a-hint-recharge thingy was really annoying. The guinea pig kept requiring my attention I was just like: Why won't you just shut up and die already! Sigh, disappointment, really. But, to each his/her own, so yeah, don't base it on one person's opinion

(AND OMG I'M FINALLY A JELLYFISH )

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 3:05:27 AM PST

malni
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by malni on Aug 24, 10 9:21 AM
I have the same problem with the footprint on the chair. I took the sponge and tried everywhere at and round the footprint, but it won´t move...
can anyone help?

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 24, 10 9:54 AM
This game doesn't wow me. I'm not sure why. It's fairly simple to play and the dialog is funny. The graphics are ok. I too don't care for the caged animals and be distracted to that part. One the game is so easy, I don't need hints. But it's also distracting. I played the whole demo but am undecided about it. When I feel like this about a game it's better to just sit and wait. Maybe as a DD....

badoodie
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by badoodie on Aug 24, 10 12:59 PM
Graphics are so-so. I often felt like I was just randomly wandering through different areas looking for clues and items.

I have to admit, I did jump when the big hand clamped down on the cursor when I did some random clicking.

The inclusion of the "Save the Animals" campaign seemed to have just been thrown in there for no coherent reason.

If this was a Deal of the Day I'd consider it, otherwise this one is a no go.

Go to: