Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by howdumbisthis on Sep 1, 10 8:09 PM
I can whack up to 94 wolves but cannot get to 100. A 'skip' button would definitely be a HUGE plus. Hate to buy a game and then get frustrated because I am no good at the arcade stuff.

fragarach
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by fragarach on Sep 1, 10 9:59 PM
I was very excited when I saw this release. I love the first game, and have played it multiple times, trying to beat my own high scores. It was challenging and fun.

I'm sorry to say this is absolutely not the case with the sequel.

First off, the mini-games. I LOATHE them. I was not looking for this kind of gameplay in this sort of game at all; on top of that, I have arthritis, so beating the whack-a-mole levels has been extremely hard for me. I would very much appreciate a skip button on these.

Secondly, I find that the new resources (the ability to generate income, the new buffs) were are a great idea, but very poorly implemented. They seem to be noticeably absent on the levels where they would provide the best gameplay, and present on levels where they're almost useless.

And that brings me to my biggest problem with this game. In the first one, I managed to get gold on all the levels---sometimes by the skin of my teeth, but it was fun trying to figure out how to best manage my time and resources. In the sequel, on some levels, no matter WHAT I do I cannot get gold. Some of them almost feel rigged to fail---on many of them, I've done the quickest and best management and still lose to nightfall by 5 seconds or less.

And that's what makes me the most disappointed about this. In the first game, it was a challenge and I was enjoying myself. In this sequel, I find it actually makes me anxious---it's been a grind to get through the game, which completely defeats the purpose of playing it, for me.

I understand the developers need to switch things up a bit in part II, but somewhere along the line, they seemed to confuse fun and challenging with hard and frustrating. And they are two *very* different things.

All in all, I would highly recommend the first game (and have, to friends), but this one---not at all.

[Post New]by kdeszter on Sep 3, 10 7:09 AM
Hi! Can somebody say some words why the second part is worth buying? I mean, I bought the first part and enjoyed it a lot, but after having played the demo of this part, I am not sure whether the story and the levels are really new, different, and interesting. Until now I have found only two games, "Westward" and "Aveyond", in case of which all sequels are completely new and innovative, and one does not get the feeling that one would play the same game 2-5 times. Thanks for a reply.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 3, 10 10:40 AM
I am enjoying MKftPII, although it is a lot harder. I have found it nearly impossible to get Gold, in fact, I only got Gold on the first couple of levels and mostly am only winning now with literally seconds to spare. On a few levels, I have even lost when the little man is only a few feet from the door!
The mini-games I have found irritating. I like TM games and don't like these mad clicking ones or the flying ones - they seem pointless and don't add anything to the game, IMO.
I have enjoyed the extra's with having to build the barracks/hunting lodge etc for killing the spooks/wolves/bears etc.

I have to also add that they way the little men run makes me chuckle!

kdeszter: Is the 2nd part worth buying? Is there anything much different? It isn't that much different, but I got it anyway, as I liked it, and I find BF games, for the most part, good value. So to me personally, it's been worth it. However, if I only had the money to buy one TM or any game a month, then NO.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 3, 10 10:41 AM
I am currently stuck on level 5.1! Any tips?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Sep 3, 10 5:03 PM
Talk about challenging. In the first game I had 3, max 4 levels open per island, in part 2 there's more like 6-7 levels in which I haven't reached gold yet. Some were very close, others were very far away from the deadline. I even saw the dragon on two levels - I didn't even know he existed in Part 1.

However, I definitely WILL get gold everywhere, like I did in Game 1.

One last word about those who think that Nevosoft "sexied up" the game - are you kidding me? If those pictures (where you don't see ANYTHING) are considered "sexual" then I don't wanna see your reaction if you ever see a nude person. *shakes head*

[Post New]by sushilvr on Sep 4, 10 12:11 AM
i'm having difficulty viewing the resources and goals bars at the top of the screen when i'm in full screen mode. is anyone else having this issue? am i doing something wrong? i would love to download and play the full version but not if i have to play in window mode the whole time!! does anyone have any ideas for how this can be fixed?

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 4, 10 3:44 AM
I finished!

maggieB95
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by maggieB95 on Sep 4, 10 6:53 AM
Way to go ElizabethR1533!!!

I have not!!! But will keep trying - it is such a cute, fun game!

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Sep 4, 10 7:07 AM
I love this game! It has everything I like and has kept me entertained through out. Thank you for finally releasing a decent time management game. It's been too long.

[Post New]by Rooibos0727 on Sep 4, 10 8:08 AM
I have skipped many of the mini games. You simply go through them once, fail miserably (which is easy for me to do LOL), then click continue. You have your choice to retry or continue.

Don't let the mini games decide if you uninstall. I truly love the game. The colors are nice and vivid. The little guys are cute. Nice story line. Challenges are just enough to get your heart racing a bit but I always finish with a little time left over. I will go back later to attain gold.

I like the awards, that is new and very cool.

Once again the mini games can be challenge for some, but just sit there and let it run. Then hit continue and you can skip that mini game and move forward.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

[Post New]by hcaine on Sep 4, 10 8:17 PM
This is an entertaining game, but some of the fun is lost with some parts of it.
It is frustrating--you almost get to the end of some levels and you either run out of food or, most of the time for me, GOLD! I am ALWAYS running out of GOLD!
Yes, I do build the mines when available, but with all those HUGE boulders, how can you NOT run out of gold?! I also use the bonus of lowering the costs of the tasks, but still run out of GOLD.
One good part about it is that it is challenging, but frustrating also.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Sep 5, 10 7:57 PM
I don't like this game- it is too hard to get gold, I wish there were different levels of play, or longer times cause I still want to build the castle. I feel defeated playing this game cause it is impossible to get gold, so it makes me unhappy. :-(

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 6, 10 2:42 AM
I finally played thru all the levels - I haven't gotten gold on them all yet, about a dozen or so yet to get.

I'm happy with how the mini-game levels were resolved - after you play one, if you choose not to replay it, the game lets you go on to the next regular level.

Mostly I wanted to say that I agree with those who've said that if you don't own the first one of this series, buy that one first. This isn't new and improved; it's more like an additional set of levels for those who loved the first game and want more of the same.

Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by alcotte on Sep 6, 10 10:49 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of My Kingdom for the Princess II? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by alcotte on Sep 6, 10 10:50 AM
they give people too little time to finish those games makes it impossible to reach gold and to finish the kingdom. That is what i hate about this game, they should not make another one until they fix that problem. that sucks i hate the time thing.

[Post New]by crissimorris on Sep 6, 10 8:44 PM
Super happy we finally have the sequel to the original!!

But . . . for some reason this one seems so much more difficult!! I'm not complaining, I love a challenge, but my goodness, they really worked hard on this one to make it much, much more challenging!! Still working on getting the levels done before nightfall . . . my poor castle is not making much progress Overall, a great game for anyone who loves TM's, but I would recommend only to advanced TM gamers.

I CANT WAIT

[Post New]by BarabaraGroes on Sep 8, 10 1:21 PM
To play this title...
Though I am a Hidden Object player... Games like these really make me more a TM fan! So I guess I am a HOG and TM fan

I hope this will be as good as the 1st part.

JennL777
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by JennL777 on Sep 8, 10 8:59 PM
This game is SO FRICKIN' HARD!!! It's making me yell obscenities. My 5-year-old is expanding his vocabulary faster than I'm expanding the castle. I've stayed up too late, obsessed over it during the day, had weird dreams about ghosts and wolves at night.

That said? I LOVE THIS!!! It's challenging, it's forcing me to constantly re-evaluate my strategies, it's making me absolutely NUTS, and I couldn't have asked for more.

The reason it's so enjoyable is that I know if I keep trying, the castle can be completed and gold can be accomplished on all the levels. It's NOT a futile effort (I'm looking at YOU, Legend of Sanna).

HIGHLY recommend!

crea8ive
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by crea8ive on Sep 9, 10 7:24 PM
Loved this game! Finally a challenging game that makes you think. You really need to strategise to complete some of the levels in time. Other TM games you just have to do more faster which doesn't require so much thinking about how you are going to do things. Would like more TM games like this one!

Thank You !

Go to: