bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 1, 10 5:41 AM
I played the demo for this a few weeks ago and saved it just in case I wanted to buy it. Today I am looking for something to play so I decided to read the reviews here. [b]Now I really don't know if I want to get this one!!! Wish I could replay the demo. The comments here got me more confused. 90% were undecided just as I am. Made me laugh. At least this was a fun way to start my day but I think I will shop a bit more before I decide.

Remember to let the ones you love know it every day!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 1, 10 10:30 AM
Dingy and annoying. Not for me.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 6, 10 1:38 PM
I just played the demo for about 20 minutes.......SO disappointed! Nothing like the first one. I loved the first Lost in the City, but this sequel seems to be mostly a HOG. Too bad ....this is a no buy for me. Not challenging at all. The game may appeal to those who haven't played or didn't like the first one.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 16, 10 3:35 PM
Stayed up late last night to finish this one and I absolutely loved it! I'm assuming that this is a Russian game that was translated to English (a few awkward phrases/words here and there, nothing too bad) as there was Cyrillic all over the place in the game scenes, and the Russian setting made the desolate city even more eerie and disquieting.

I thought the music fit in perfectly with the mood of the game, and I thought they did a great job of revealing more of the mystery. The explanation behind what was going on was not that great, IMO, but I wasn't disappointed at all because the way that they told the story and established the atmosphere was so compelling.

From a gameplay perspective, the hidden object scenes were on the easy side. You get a finite number of hints, but in reality you're not going to need them very often. I ended up with over 40, I think, and that was with me using some when I was feeling lazy.

I liked the puzzles. They were of moderate difficulty, and I thought the "drowsiness" timed puzzles really worked great with the game and establishing a sense of urgency when the protagonist would be feeling it. I believe they're all skippable but I didn't actually skip any, myself.

This is one of my favourite games because I really loved the storytelling, graphics, setting, music and atmosphere.

[Post New]by VeryBigFish on Nov 3, 10 11:36 PM
+++++ POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After just finishing the game, I had one thought I wanted to share, and this thread seems to be as good as any. It gave me a good laugh here and there but was still eerie...a first in my experience.

....Not depressing for me the way others describe, but more on that in a sec, lol.... I thought the graphics were great. The interaction with puzzles, for the most part, was pretty intuitive for me. (There was one that I had to read the instructions several times....and still didn't get it.....tv to camera, if I remember right.)

I noticed a few grammatical issues, but they weren't the kind that annoyed me enough to detract from the enjoyment of the game.

++++SPOILER HERE++++

One thing that stood out, though, is the misuse of the neurological disorder - Narcolepsy. But it's almost always misused or misrepresented in movies, books, etc. It's not about sleeping all the time, but about not getting quality, deep "sleep." So.... It's really about sleep deprivation. So you get drowsy, sleep easily...but you wake up easy too-sometimes just a bit slowly. And it's not always so severe as "blacking out." There aren't any drugs available that really "cure" it. (I wish!!!)

TRUST ME! The last thing a "narcoleptic" wants to do is down a case of energy drinks and gobble a bunch of energy bars. It's a really, really bad way to self medicate. (Caffeine makes it even harder to reach Delta sleep-so your body may not be tired - but your mind is even sleepier!) (SERIOUSLY...I've done vast "scientific experiments" of the caffeine effect. on a narcoleptic.)

This misuse of the word didn't bother, offend, or annoy me or anything, still enjoyed the game. But wanted to explain why I found it so funny. But the misuse sort of added a humorous aspect to the game for me (that might seem weird given the story line.) But yet it still had the eerie feel for me, so...quite a unique gaming experience to feel both with the same game.

p.s. afk, gotta go refill my Coca Cola.....lol

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Nov 7, 10 8:09 AM
Just finished the game and would like to say that the atmosphere the developers invoked was awesome. The graphics and music together made for a completely believable world and experience. Both the HOG scenes and the mini-games were pitch perfect for difficulty.This was definitely a brilliant game and kudos to developers. I hope they continue making games to this high standard.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Nov 27, 10 6:16 PM
AUGH!

Sorry. Earlier today, I took advantage of this weekend's sale to buy two games and fill out my punch card. One of those games was LitC 1 - I almost passed it up for being labelled a HOG, but it's much more "adventure" than HOG, with a compelling story line. Just finished it, all in one sitting.

And NOW I found out there's a sequel! So, dilemma: buy LitC 2 for $6.99 and start a new punch card that will likely be "wasted" (unfilled before month's end), or wait until the start of next month and use the reward I'll get for having filled the first card?

Decisions, decisions.

ButMadNNW
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by ButMadNNW on Jan 23, 11 8:12 PM
Finally got LitC-PS today and, as happened with the first, finished it in one sitting.

More, please!!

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 8:12:51 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 25, 11 6:35 AM
Great Game!!!
I liked the first LitC better because of the game play. Not so many H0 scenes, but instead finding things that were needed to progress. I also like the puzzles better in #1. However this game finished up the story and the story is the most outstanding feature of these games. What a thought-provoking story line. Really had me going much like a novel.

The music and graphics added greatly to the general atmosphere of the game. Really like these and would like to see more like this in the future.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 23, 11 5:16 AM
Haven't really found a game in a while, that I could really sink my teeth into, so I decided to replay LITCPS again.
Just have to say, playing this the second time reminds me, of what a really GREAT game, should consist of, this one has it ALL !!!!!!!!
I for one, LOVED the game play better, in this one, than the first, so I am hoping if another is made, the developers will keep the H0 scenes, and plenty of them.
I don't know what is going on with the games here lately, there hasn't been anything that I want to buy really, they are just dreadful compared to a game like this.
PLEASE make another, Lost in the City, I am in withdrawl and need something with substance, that has great graphics and awesome story, and that I can get lost in literally, like I do when I am playing this.
LOVED the first one, LOVED the second one even more, developers need to take a good look at this, if they really want to see, what it takes to make a game that will fly off of the shelves, so many people will be buying it.
....waiting on Elephant games, nobody does a game like those german's, I think they where born with gaming genes, and from my experience, they have made the best games out there :-)

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on May 11, 11 12:28 PM
I thought Lost in the City and Lost in the City: Post Scriptum were very unique and quirky games. I don't think I have encountered any games quite like these two games. The story is dark in a L.A. Noir, or "Moscow Noir" sort of way, but the story line soon sucked me in and I had to know how the story came out. I like the unusual game interface, the way puzzles would be initiated in the middle of a hidden object scene, and sudden dangerous situations that were timed. Luckily, time was ample, and the puzzles were straight forward and not too difficult. Clues were always nearby and easy to figure out. A most unique and interesting approach to game play and story telling. Well done, Elephant Games!!

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jun 23, 11 7:58 PM
excellent game...truly interesting story....very good images....great whimsey....someone had their thinking hats on!...as good as part one!

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jul 6, 11 7:42 PM
Oooh, it's a Daily Deal, and I bit. I'm very sorry I missed this one first time through, and so I'll just post a first impression after one chapter - gorgeous art, melancholy setting, a feeling of longing and music to match. Very impressive so far.

Gwion
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Gwion on Jul 9, 11 9:41 AM
I liked the first one, and I was afraid I wouldn't like this one as much. But I did!

It's true there are more HOG scenes. Those aren't my absolute favorite, but these weren't too bad and they went quickly. I noticed the first few reviews said they quit when they had to put the car together, but I didn't think that was tougher than any other kind of puzzle.

I like the atmosphere. I don't find the game depressing or upsetting. It's post-apocalyptic, but if you like that kind of fiction or movie (Hunger Games, etc), you won't mind anything here. The music is meant to be haunting, I think, and it's definitely better with more variety than the first game. The story is better, too, with more explanation of what's going on than in the first one.

One very cool thing, if you use a custom cursor: many signs and labels are written in the cyrillic alphabet, but if you hover over them you can get a translation. Play a fun game, learn some Russian--what's not to like?

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Jul 11, 11 6:34 PM
Brilliant game. Very imaginative plot, superb art, wonderful music. Thank you, BF, for making this one a DD so that we late-comers got another chance.

I enjoyed the first game a good deal, but in my opinion this one was an order of magnitude better. I realize that a good part of the game's appeal was in a certain ambiguity concerning the main characters, but I would have enjoyed getting to know Ann and the Hero a little better. They seem like nice people.

Thanks, Devs. Really enjoyed this one.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jul 13, 11 6:41 PM
I liked this one ok. It was long enough, the puzzles were challenging. The story was a bit strange, but I could deal with it. Hidden object scenes were done well and interactive scenes were good, too. I would give this one a 7 out of 10.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jul 13, 11 8:50 PM
I cannot wait for the 3rd Lost in the City ,I bought and played the first one and really liked it ,I bought and just finished playing thjs one and I was really sorry it ended ,I love this Lost in the City series .Thank you developers and thanks BF ,,Please hurry with the next one!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jul 15, 11 6:02 AM
I enjoyed this game. I bought it 'cause of the sale and the reviews suggested that playing the first one - Lost in the City was a good idea. So I bought it; played the first one and just finished this one. I liked both of them. I usually keep the music on mute because my TV is on. I thought it was a good story, but the graphics could use better coloring. They are not very appealing, in fact, depressing. I'd like the devs to do another story as I think they have talent, but do something with the graphics.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jul 17, 11 7:17 AM
Ok the graphics were not that great but I liked the simplicity of them, the storyline kept me interested I was not bored once.. nor did I skip the story like I sometimes do...
thought this one better than first , Bought without the demo on a DD.....
Great Value I would have paid full price.. this has kept me happy for hours !!! I also thought the "Rewards" thing was superfluous..did not see the point or meaning !!!
Roll out number three !! Thanks developers and BF free lesson in Russian !!!!

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 26, 11 1:24 PM
love this series well done big fish. colourful and challenging

Go to: